6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

no zales here...got to head to the 'ville, hear they've got what i'm looking for!

i know george likes to keep the schedule soft, as it's those "rankings" during the season that count so much....right???? i heard that is all he cares about, so smyrna is safe i'm sure.

uh,,,I was talking about your playoff apponents not your season schedule.I am not saying we are sure to win but " C'om on man " you have to admit we will be your toughest playoff team that you guys have faced.

man, so sick of hearing of maryville playing with the big boys, stop already lol... last i checked maryville has more students than oak ridge, so i dont know why they were ever below us a classification? somebody fill me in.. maryville seems like a little bit bigger town anyways to me, and i live in maryville.. grew up in oak ridge and raised there.. so this big boy stuff is silly..

Well since you're not a Maryville fan I'm sure you haven't heard all we've heard about can't play with the " Big Boys " , plus I like how you threw in the "Maryville has more students than Oak Ridge " .... I know someone who was very proud of your statement . In your next post you say " just cause some uneducated fans of some teams said that doesnt mean everybody thought that, so let it rest for once" well I agree with you , and I'm sure educated fans know that just 4 or 5 yrs ago Maryville had 3 or 4 hundred less students than they do now because Maryville is growing very rapidly while Oak Ridge is declining ... but let's not pay attention to that little detail .

I would not think that I should be the one to tell Oak Ridge fans what they should think , or how long they're allowed to think something , so if you don't mind , we may continue to prove something to the " Big Boys " for a little while longer .

Well since you're not a Maryville fan I'm sure you haven't heard all we've heard about can't play with the " Big Boys " , plus I like how you threw in the "Maryville has more students than Oak Ridge " .... I know someone who was very proud of your statement . In your next post you say " just cause some uneducated fans of some teams said that doesnt mean everybody thought that, so let it rest for once" well I agree with you , and I'm sure educated fans know that just 4 or 5 yrs ago Maryville had 3 or 4 hundred less students than they do now because Maryville is growing very rapidly while Oak Ridge is declining ... but let's not pay attention to that little detail .

I would not think that I should be the one to tell Oak Ridge fans what they should think , or how long they're allowed to think something , so if you don't mind , we may continue to prove something to the " Big Boys " for a little while longer .

okay.....sure

HOW THEY GOT HERE.

Maryville strength of schedule 56.4.....Smyrna strength of schedule 65.5

Maryville strength of success 1.49.......Smyrna strenght of success 1.55

Rank national61...................................Rank national 36

Rank state4..........................................Rank state 2

Playoff apponents Marryville:..........Playoff apponent Smyrna:

7-3 Bearden..................................7-3 Brentwood (dist 11 champs)

6-4 Farragut.................................8-2 Mt Julliet

6-4 Sience Hill...............................9-1 Blackman (#1 RB in the state)

6-4 Oak Ridge..............................9-1 White Haven( dist 16 champs )

If I was a betting man I would bet on Smyrna !

Go dawgs!

Thats like comparing the SEC (east tenn football) to the ACC (middle tenn football) :D

BTW it's opponent not apponent! :lol:

And I'll take that bet, it's one you'll regret! :thumb:

Pep, I think you enjoy the big boys debate, you seem to bring it up more often than your buddy! :roflol:

Edited by catback

Playoff apponents Marryville:..........Playoff apponent Smyrna:

7-3 Bearden..................................7-3 Brentwood (dist 11 champs)

6-4 Farragut.................................8-2 Mt Julliet

6-4 Sience Hill...............................9-1 Blackman (#1 RB in the state)

6-4 Oak Ridge..............................9-1 White Haven( dist 16 champs )

If I was a betting man I would bet on Smyrna !

Go dawgs!

He are some numbers to consider...

Maryville's regular season schedule had 3 6A teams that made the playoffs, Smyrna had 4 opponents make the playoffs. Look what happened during the last 4 weeks.

Week 1

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......3

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......4

Week 2

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......2

Week 3

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......2

Week 4

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......1

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......0

Maryville had to put all three teams from our schedule (Farragut, Bearden, and Oak Ridge) out in the playoffs. Any of these three teams could be playing in Cookeville this weekend, if it was not for Maryville.

If I were a betting man, I would bet on the Rebels.

Thats like comparing the SEC (east tenn football) to the ACC (middle tenn football) :D

Pep, I think you enjoy the big boys debate, you seem to bring it up more often than your buddy! :roflol:

No..its like compairing weak teams to strong teams. Hey dont worry when you beat us you can finally be proud of yor play off season...

He are some numbers to consider...

Maryville's regular season schedule had 3 6A teams that made the playoffs, Smyrna had 4 opponents make the playoffs. Look what happened during the last 4 weeks.

Week 1

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......4

Week 2

Week 3

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......2

Week 4

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......1

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......0

Maryville had to put all three teams from our schedule (Farragut, Bearden, and Oak Ridge) out in the playoffs. Any of these three teams could be playing in Cookeville this weekend, if it was not for Maryville.

If I were a betting man, I would bet on the Rebels.

cmon man have you not been reading the posts all year long? they play in the 7th best region in the world in high school football

No..its like compairing weak teams to strong teams. Hey dont worry when you beat us you can finally be proud of yor play off season...

Only 1 team from our schedule played someone from your schedule in the playoffs...That was Oak Ridge vs Riverdale...Who won that one?

You guys may just find out before too long how much abuse one takes the more they win .... as long as Blade sticks around . I constantly hear " Maryville recruits .. Maryville cheats ... Maryville refs ... Maryville got killed by Alcoa ... Maryville better be glad they weren't playing against the big boys the last several years , otherwise they might have just one or 2 Championships ( Heard that one just last week at work ) .... I work in a place with over 600 employees ... most know I'm a big Maryville fan ... so there you go . If you guys don't think some of our young men haven't been motivated by all this talk we hear , you'd be dead wrong .

On the other hand , a lot more Alcoa fans are finding it a lot easier now to give respect to Maryville now that they've won a couple in a row , and that's nice that Maryville and Alcoa has learned to have a lot of mutual respect for each other .

OK , back to the State Championship game ... I expect a close , hard fought game between 2 very good football teams . Smyrna sounds like they have a lot of speed and a lot of athletes

no zales here...got to head to the 'ville, hear they've got what i'm looking for!

i know george likes to keep the schedule soft, as it's those "rankings" during the season that count so much....right???? i heard that is all he cares about, so smyrna is safe i'm sure.

Dude ! you guys did have a soft season! you only played two teams that won more than 6 games during the regular season and one of them beat you ( a 3a team) ! and your on hear talking smack to the big dawgs ?..

Dude ! you guys did have a soft season! you only played two teams that won more than 6 games during the regular season and one of them beat you ( a 3a team) ! and your on hear talking smack to the big dawgs ?..

So , are you thinking Maryville is a Cupcake ... or maybe a creme puff ?

First Big Boys ... now Big Dawgs .... oh boy ! :roflol: