6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

Most of us Smyrna fans understand what Maryville is about. This game will be a great one and probably one of the best to watch come Saturday. As i have posted before and will always post, the battle will be won in the trenches...... Speaking of, I havent seen film on Maryville, how is there defensive front? Any standouts, or just a solid group of guys? would love to know and cant wait until Saturday :thumb:

But he is exactly right, cough cough, the REBELS are cupcakes so just over look them.

That's funny :roflol: Nice Try :thumb: Smyrna has faced many challenging opponents this year, but Maryville is a different type of opponent. From what i hear, Maryville is a very disciplined team so it should be interesting to see how this one turns out :popcorneater: .... All I know is Smyrna should stay :hungry:

Dude ! you guys did have a soft season! you only played two teams that won more than 6 games during the regular season and one of them beat you ( a 3a team) ! and your on hear talking smack to the big dawgs ?..

you're right big dawg hit squat, that soft schedule hasn't paid off for years... i'll just put my good ole boy rear end in the seat on saturday and hope for the best. i'm praying the little fellers from maryville can put together a couple of plays to compete with you guys...i know they are pretty nervous, having never been there before. icon_e_wink.gif

Edited by rebulldawg

Most of us Smyrna fans understand what Maryville is about. This game will be a great one and probably one of the best to watch come Saturday. As i have posted before and will always post, the battle will be won in the trenches...... Speaking of, I havent seen film on Maryville, how is there defensive front? Any standouts, or just a solid group of guys? would love to know and cant wait until Saturday :thumb:

you got it Pride, should be a great game!! defensive front is pretty solid, others can speak to who the stand-outs are. my opinion is that they seem to accomplish it "by committee".

Only 1 team from our schedule played someone from your schedule in the playoffs...That was Oak Ridge vs Riverdale...Who won that one?

Yeah and that team finished FOURTH in our district and was The 2nd seed in your bracket come on man our first playoff game our 8th seed won thier district Brentwood Besides you have already proved you can't play with the little boys did not Alcoa a 3A team beat ya An old RUTHERFORD county coached team, Rankin builds his team on SPEED like Smyrna but you have not seen SPEED YET

Yeah and that team finished FOURTH in our district and was The 2nd seed in your bracket come on man our first playoff game our 8th seed won thier district Brentwood Besides you have already proved you can't play with the little boys did not Alcoa a 3A team beat ya An old RUTHERFORD county coached team, Rankin builds his team on SPEED like Smyrna but you have not seen SPEED YET

Not 2nd in our Quadrant...Riverdale was 2nd in Quad 2. Maryville was 2nd in our Quad...we were just lucky to make the playoffs after losing to little ole Alcoa in week 1.

Heck yes!!! Lets go smyrna! Show Maryville what we're made of!

GO DOGS!!! THAT GAME LAST NIGHT SHOWED THE KIND OF HEART IT TAKES TO WIN IT ALL.OUR DOGS OUTFOUGHT A VERY TOUGH AND AGGRESSIVE TEAM.THAT WAS AN ALL OUT WAR!!!MARYVILLE WILL BE TAKEN VERY SERIOUS.THOSE KIDS HAVE A WELL DESERVED REPUTATION.LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT GAME BETWEEN TWO GREAT TEAMS.GO DOGS!!!

Dude ! you guys did have a soft season! you only played two teams that won more than 6 games during the regular season and one of them beat you ( a 3a team) ! and your on hear talking smack to the big dawgs ?..

Just want to make sure that I understand your logic. You are saying any team that doesn't win more than six games in regular season is soft. Remind me how many wins did your team have in 2008 and 2009? 5-5 last year and 6-4 in 2008...were those teams soft?

you're right big dawg hit squat, that soft schedule hasn't paid off for years... i'll just put my good ole boy rear end in the seat on saturday and hope for the best. i'm praying the little fellers from maryville can put together a couple of plays to compete with you guys...i know they are pretty nervous, having never been there before. icon_e_wink.gif

IT'S SUCH A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BE ABLE TO WATCH THE LEVEL OF TALENT THAT WE GET TO WATCH FROM OUR RESPECTIVE TEAMS WHO'VE MADE THE PLAYOFFS.MARYVILLE SEEMS TO BE A PRECISION TEAMFROM WHAT I HEAR AND WHAT LITTLE I'VE WATCHED ON YOUTUBE.THE DOGS ARE ALL FIGHT AND TONS OF HEART.THEY NEVER LAY DOWN.THEY GRIND AND GRIND AND GRIND.LAST NIGHTS GAME SHOULD'VE BEEN WITNESSED BY THE WHOLE STATE.IT WAS BRUTAL AND OUR KIDS WENT INTO A VERY HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT AND FOUGHT WITH A HEART NOT SEEN VERY OFTEN AT OTHER FIELDS.THIS WAS A VIOLENT GAME AND THE DOGS NEVER BACKED DOWN.I HOPE BOTH TEAMS HAVE AN INJURY FREE GAME.I FEEL VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE WITNESSED THAT EFFORT LAST NIGHT.THAT WAS REMARKABLE.THERE'S NO QUIT IN MY DOGS.PURPLE AND GOLD.