Boyd Buc 2011

reaction

The Bucs looked good tonight against Red Bank. Boyd scored the twice the 1st 3 drives and held Red Bank to about 20 yards in their 1st 3 possessions. However Red Bank won the 2nd half of the scrimmage. Boyd took out both of their starting RB and the Red Bank offense found life with passing and QB scrambling. Varsity was 2 to 2 touchdowns and RB JV scored on a 60 yard run. Bucs line played well and there was a big improvement on QB from last year. Looking forward to Marion Co. Tues. :thumb:

Hanging with Red Bank is good news. Go Bucs.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bucs looked good tonight against Red Bank. Boyd scored the twice the 1st 3 drives and held Red Bank to about 20 yards in their 1st 3 possessions. However Red Bank won the 2nd half of the scrimmage. Boyd took out both of their starting RB and the Red Bank offense found life with passing and QB scrambling. Varsity was 2 to 2 touchdowns and RB JV scored on a 60 yard run. Bucs line played well and there was a big improvement on QB from last year. Looking forward to Marion Co. Tues. :thumb:

Nice result. :thumb: Give me a call sometime this week.

First intoduction to a Tennessee Scrimmage, will say the way it is ran. that there is NO way you can tell about scoring so not very important!!! Next I thought the Bucs looked strong in alot of areas especially in the backfield with Jim, John, and Chase looking ready for opening night. The line looked above average but had alot of good moments, will need to clean up a few areas. Defensively we seem to have cleaned up the stop n go that was killing us in the 7on7's. Our Linebackers looked very strong and the dline looks much improved from the spring. The one concern I see from the defense is that when Red Bank put its athletic QB in we struggled to keep him contained so there will need to be work done in that area. As far as the JV, they seem to run to the football better after the initial play so that was encouraging.

OVERALL I believe I saw a team that can and will cause issues for teams this year and should have a chance come playoff time!!

Nice result. :thumb: Give me a call sometime this week.

Edited by skydogg25

Boyd Buchanan-Brainerd will be tough this season. What type of format is the Marion-Jasper scrimmage? I might take a quick trip up to Jasper to see this scrimmage.

I hear it more going to be like a practice we will just have each other to hit. I don't know what that is.

Brained doesn't have the numbers but they are scrappy. Good luck to Boyd except when we play ya!

The Buc play Friday at 8 vs Cleveland.

Good luck to SP.

The Bucs had a,big blow to future teams, our promising freshman running back was recuited and enrolled in McCallie today. He would not have made a impact this year but would have the next 3.

We will be just fine ;) I dont know if many know of the competitor in another Freshman on this team, but HES A WINNER!!!

The Buc play Friday at 8 vs Cleveland.

Good luck to SP.

The Bucs had a,big blow to future teams, our promising freshman running back was recuited and enrolled in McCallie today. He would not have made a impact this year but would have the next 3.

Edited by skydogg25

The Bucs scrimmaged Marion Co. today but I missed the 1st hour. They started a 8 on 8 so I hear. Both offenses moved the ball well the defenses must not have shown up. The full team part of the scrimmage I did see. MC moved the ball on their 1st possession (10 plays) down the feild driving the ball between the tackle well but the run out of plays around the 10 yard line they never threaten after that. When the Bucs got the ball they had a very easy time scoring and scoring often. MC seemed to have problems with the speed of Boyd's offense and had poor tackling. MC offense was better than I thought but the defense on both teams are going to have to step it up. If MC D don't step up SP will hang a 100 on them. It may have been an off night for both. If anyone from MC reads this that were at the scrimmage can you tell me what the lady was yelling in the stands. All we could here is her yelling at our players "you don't have to tackle them to the ground. Whats up with that?