Oakdale @ Harriman

Flatts

From where I was i didn't see much whopping of the dawgs starters or their bench friday night. The Dawgs were in foul trouble the whole time and still won easily. They are playing good ball right now!!

Easy Win? If I remember correct it took a 20 point effort by Goodman in the fourth quarter, two missed dunks, 30 missed Ft's by Harriman, and 1/3 of Harriman's 3 good players to foul out for Wartburg to pull away. I'm surprised Dishman didn't play more? He drove the dagger in Wartburg last year. Why did he not see more action?

Easy Win? If I remember correct it took a 20 point effort by Goodman in the fourth quarter, two missed dunks, 30 missed Ft's by Harriman, and 1/3 of Harriman's 3 good players to foul out for Wartburg to pull away. I'm surprised Dishman didn't play more? He drove the dagger in Wartburg last year. Why did he not see more action?

Dishman's been hurt and this was his first game back. His conditioning isn't up to par yet. Harriman was also without Ben Davis and Alex White, Davis will start and White might be their best shooter. Harriman might struggle a bit early till they get everyone healthy.

What you fail to mention is, at one point the foul count in the first half was somewhere along the lines of 15-2 wartburg. Goodman played a total of 3 minutes in the first 3 quarters because of 3 fouls. Add this with the fact that the whole Wartburg starting 5 had 4 fouls for most of the second half, and Fountain and Shannon fouling out early in the fourth quarter, then your theories of how the game went aren't that valid. At one point wartburg had 5 sophomores on the floor, and at one point it was 4 sophomores and 1 freshman with fountain on the bench. If Harriman couldn't make a run with that lineup on the floor, what makes you think that they could do it against the bulldogs at full strength and actually having a rhythm going? I'll give you this, harriman has some athletes, like they always do, but the lack of a jump shooting threat and lack of foul shooting will do them in this season in tight games.

Edited by rufus22

What you fail to mention is, at one point the foul count in the first half was somewhere along the lines of 15-2 wartburg. Goodman played a total of 3 minutes in the first 3 quarters because of 3 fouls. Add this with the fact that the whole Wartburg starting 5 had 4 fouls for most of the second half, and Fountain and Shannon fouling out early in the fourth quarter, then your theories of how the game went aren't that valid. At one point wartburg had 5 sophomores on the floor, and at one point it was 4 sophomores and 1 freshman with fountain on the bench. If Harriman couldn't make a run with that lineup on the floor, what makes you think that they could do it against the bulldogs at full strength and actually having a rhythm going? I'll give you this, harriman has some athletes, like they always do, but the lack of a jump shooting threat and lack of foul shooting will do them in this season in tight games.

The jump shooting will come from Davis, Dishman and White. Two of the three didn't play and Dishman didn't play much as this was his first game back. Harriman is playing about 70% of its rotation right now and could become a heck of a team if everyone gets healthy.

ya i admit harriman started out slow missin lay ups and free throws.. and they did make a run it was tied in the 4th and harriman had a ref that seemed to not like them to much the last 5 min.. not makin excuses what so ever! just know when the dawgs come to harriman next time and the rest of the times they play this year it will be a different outcome! keep your head up devils and come out of this week 2 and 0 against tellico plains tuesday and rockwood friday