District 9-A

ecu

Do Hall of Fame games count or not on your record? Noticed where one team in District counted their wins but not the losses in these games. Seems if there was any integrity you would either count all or none.

ECU,

I know that a lot of teams do not count them when they lose but do count them if they win. However I know that this years Community team did count them as losses but the news paper did not and the team has no control over what they print. I assure you coach Bryant took the losses and they will learn from them and also the school website took the losses. The truth is that this should be a fun year in District 9a because as you know in district play overall records mean nothing.

ECU,

I know that a lot of teams do not count them when they lose but do count them if they win. However I know that this years Community team did count them as losses but the news paper did not and the team has no control over what they print. I assure you coach Bryant took the losses and they will learn from them and also the school website took the losses. The truth is that this should be a fun year in District 9a because as you know in district play overall records mean nothing.

You are correct about overall records. Forrest's record was terrible last year heading into the District tournament and they won it all. I believe anyone is capable of winning the district this year.

I am confused now and I think we all need to re-think our pre-season pics in the District. I say this because Moore County has beat M.T.C.S and they beat Cascade tonight by double digits at Cascade. Huntland beat Cascade but then lost to M.T.C.S. Community looks great early and then loses tonight to Eagleville at home. I am through trying to put them in order I just can't wait to see what happens friday.

p.s. The only team that remains what we thought they were is Forrest and right now you have to say that Moore County is in the #2 spot.

I am confused now and I think we all need to re-think our pre-season pics in the District. I say this because Moore County has beat M.T.C.S and they beat Cascade tonight by double digits at Cascade. Huntland beat Cascade but then lost to M.T.C.S. Community looks great early and then loses tonight to Eagleville at home. I am through trying to put them in order I just can't wait to see what happens friday.

p.s. The only team that remains what we thought they were is Forrest and right now you have to say that Moore County is in the #2 spot.

Big game Friday night. Forrest at Moore County. Pope is in a slump shooting the ball for Forrest this year. Maybe he will come out of it soon.

Wow!! Huntland had to be the surprise of the night. Moore Co. drilling MTCS was impressive as well. Forrest and Eagleville closer than expected. Community stomping Boyd about what you would expect. As Vegas said it is going to be a battle for the top four spots.

It was an 8 point game with a couple of minutes to go. Moore County ran their offense, shot well and played well. They did a nice job.

Mtcs looked impressive in a 46-38 win over Huntland tonight.

Huntland has a good team. They didn't shoot that well from outside. My guess is that they hit their outside shots against Cascade.

MTCS was well prepared and for the most part played very good defense contesting the majority of the shots. #14 had a big game offensively. MTCS was generally patient on offense and got some good looks at the basket. The MTCS team is very experienced (1 returning starter plus 1 other starter that had significant playing time last year) -- my guess is that there will be ups and downs but they will improve as the season moves along.

Huntland has a good team. They didn't shoot that well from outside. My guess is that they hit their outside shots against Cascade.

MTCS was well prepared and for the most part played very good defense contesting the majority of the shots. #14 had a big game offensively. MTCS was generally patient on offense and got some good looks at the basket. The MTCS team is very experienced (1 returning starter plus 1 other starter that had significant playing time last year) -- my guess is that there will be ups and downs but they will improve as the season moves along.

So everyone has a loss except Forrest. This is going to be one crazy District if the first week is any indication.

Crazy night in district 9A on Tuesday. I thought Huntland might be right there with Forrest. Then they lose to an unimpressive MTCS team. Moore Co. has a great coach but I thought their talent was not very strong this season. They waxed Cascade, especially in the 1st half. I felt like we had a great chance to finally beat Eagleville. It will be fun season. I will stick by my prediction that the Top 4 at the end of the season will be Forrest, Eagleville, Huntland, Community. I am curious to see Moore Co. play. When Eagleville turns it up, like they did in the 4th quarter, they are as good as anybody in the district. And we are young at the guard spot but I like our chemistry and out post game.

MTCS was well prepared and for the most part played very good defense contesting the majority of the shots. #14 had a big game offensively. MTCS was generally patient on offense and got some good looks at the basket. The MTCS team is very experienced inexperienced (1 returning starter plus 1 other starter that had significant playing time last year) -- my guess is that there will be ups and downs but they will improve as the season moves along.

Slight typo that makes a major change in what I was trying to say...

Moore County is a very young team.. They will be very good in a year or 2.. If im not mistaken they have 2 sophomores starting but im not sure.. I was at the Moore County-Cascade game and they looked pretty good..

So what's the verdict on Cascade? Saw where they beat Coffee Co. last night.