Moore County

gobraves101035

Moore county should beat everyone in district with the exception of cascade..But i still think moore county wins big this year..

Do you see who Forrest lost to? Lebanon, Marshall County, Clarkrange. Have you seen Forrest play? Probably not, and I haven't seen any other district team play. So, be careful with your "predictions".

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no reason why MC shouldnt go undefeated in district play. Also on the other hand i saw Forrest play Tullahoma walked in thinking it was a blowout in the making and they came pretty close to losing that game. So regardless of who they HAVE played They are most definatly not who they had been the past few years!

Edited by archangel

Theres no reason why MC shouldnt go undefeated in district play. Also on the other hand i saw Forrest play Tullahoma walked in thinking it was a blowout in the making and they came pretty close to losing that game. So regardless of who they HAVE played They are most definatly not who they had been the past few years!

Who said they were?

Amen to that. This group has been together since elementary school too. There are some new faces starting and they have a very capable bench. Don't count out Forrest. Because they are only going to get better as the season progresses.

Do you see who Forrest lost to? Lebanon, Marshall County, Clarkrange. Have you seen Forrest play? Probably not, and I haven't seen any other district team play. So, be careful with your "predictions".

Of course they are not the same team...they have big shoes to fill but there are some very capable players who will step up. It won't be as easy for them as in years past. But they definitely have the talent.

Moore County will probably go through the district undefeated. The only team with a shot of beating them is Forrest, especially when the game is at Chapel Hill. Forrest has the guard play to compete, and I think their defensive pressure will cause Moore County some problems. However, they don't have much inside to handle Vann or Raby. I don't see Cascade coming within single digits of beating Moore County. Moore County's weaknesses are their inexperienced PG play and their depth. However, their inside play is dominant, and likely the best in the state. They are also one of the most versatile teams in the state as Vann, Raby, Garland, and Howell can all play multiple spots on the floor. I think Moore County gets to sub-state without much trouble.

Edited by ptguard12

• 4 weeks later...

I do know that Houston County has a good team. They gave Moore County all they wanted in the 1st round of regions last year.

Moore Co met up with Houston County in Eagleville at their Christmas Tournament on Monday. Beat them 55-36 Vann had 28 pts, Garland had 15, Raby 6 and several other players scored. Don't know if they couldn't or just didn't guard Vann. Their defense looked pretty weak and they were at a height disadvantage.