Top 3 football teams in the state

countryREB

You are one of the biggest Alcoa haters on this thread. From years past Alcoa fans would say we would have a better chance to beat the Rebels at the end of the year. Guess what all- ALL the Rebels fans would say. We done beat you guess so therefore were better. Alcoa beat Maryville this year at Maryville. That was the first time the Rebels had lost in about 10 years at home. :wacko: And so some of you act like we couldn't beat you again :roflol: .... If I'm not mistaken Maryville caught every break in that first game. I guarantee you George Quarles would tell you who the best team was in the state.

Also for the schedule I will say CAK was better than Oak Ridge. Loudon was just as good as Oak Ridge. Loudon beat Bradley Central just like Oak Ridge. The only tuff game Maryville had was the championship game. Why don't you check your facts JACK???! Is it just that the Blount County Schools are that much better. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

OR was a much better team at the end of the year than loudon was my friend... oak ridge wasnt half the team they were at the beginiing of the year then how they were at the end of the year. 2 totally different teams... and fyi, so was bradley central... when loudon played them they werent half as good as they were at the end of the year imo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also for the schedule I will say CAK was better than Oak Ridge. Loudon was just as good as Oak Ridge. Loudon beat Bradley Central just like Oak Ridge. The only tuff game Maryville had was the championship game.

:roflol: Oh boy DSM. I have been laughing at some of your post the last couple of weeks but this quote is the best. Thanks for the comedy.

Glad you got a laugh out of it. Did you see CAK play? I did twice and I actually seen Oak Ridge twice (well if you count the scrimmage that's three times). That's just my opinion if you don't agree then that's fine. .. CAK put more points on us than Maryville did and the might GQ. That should tell you something. FBEMeritus has always tried to discount our titles and accolades. I'm just pointing out the obvious. I believe most people from Alcoa would tell you the same thing about Cak.

OR was a much better team at the end of the year than loudon was my friend... oak ridge wasnt half the team they were at the beginiing of the year then how they were at the end of the year. 2 totally different teams... and fyi, so was bradley central... when loudon played them they werent half as good as they were at the end of the year imo

Yea your right Loudon got worse.... :roflol: I'm not saying Loudon would have for sure beat Oak Ridge but it would have been a close game. Cak would have beat Oak Ridge. IMO... I did slip to the second half of the Oak Ridge vs Maryville game. So I got a pretty good view of the Wildcats.

You are one of the biggest Alcoa haters on this thread. From years past Alcoa fans would say we would have a better chance to beat the Rebels at the end of the year. Guess what all- ALL the Rebels fans would say. We done beat you guess so therefore were better. Alcoa beat Maryville this year at Maryville. That was the first time the Rebels had lost in about 10 years at home. :wacko: And so some of you act like we couldn't beat you again :roflol: .... If I'm not mistaken Maryville caught every break in that first game. I guarantee you George Quarles would tell you who the best team was in the state.

Also for the schedule I will say CAK was better than Oak Ridge. Loudon was just as good as Oak Ridge. Loudon beat Bradley Central just like Oak Ridge. The only tuff game Maryville had was the championship game. Why don't you check your facts JACK???! Is it just that the Blount County Schools are that much better. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

How is this not "discounting our titles and accolades" ?

Do you really think that if Alcoa hadn't scored on that 4th and 7 play ... that no one from Alcoa might of said ... we might beat Maryville if we played them again ? FBEmeritus didn't even say Maryville would win ... he said might . Geez DSM10 , I think you got a little carried away there ... your schedule tougher than ours ???

How is this not "discounting our titles and accolades" ?

Do you really think that if Alcoa hadn't scored on that 4th and 7 play ... that no one from Alcoa might of said ... we might beat Maryville if we played them again ? FBEmeritus didn't even say Maryville would win ... he said might . Geez DSM10 , I think you got a little carried away there ... your schedule tougher than ours ???

pepvol know one has said our schedule was better than yours. I do not agree with that but Cak was as good if not better than anyone you played in the playoff besides Symrna. That's my personal opinion from seeing the other schools. Loudon was a pretty good football team too. They beat Bradley Central by 3 in the regular season. That's the same school Oak Ridge beat by 2 points in the playoffs. They also both played Campbell County with similar results. Just sayin they were not that much different. That's my argument with FBEMeritus and anyone else that disagrees. 3A on this side of the state has been good. Alcoa has just had some incredible teams and all FBE wants to do is diminish our schedule and team. The same thing that other posters(teams) has done to Maryville. Which is completely wrong. You me and the other Maryville posters laughed at the way Symrna discounted Maryville's schedule. That's the same thing he's doing to Alcoa. He has done this for the last six years to Alcoa. What he really wants is us to play in 6A? I GUESS.... :popcorneater:

GEEZ if ALCOA HADN'T GOT THAT 4th and 7.... :roflol: Boy when the shoe is on the other foot it just doesn't fit sometimes.

Maryville is getting ready to run about 76 straight wins and 4 or 5 championship in a row. The funny thing is you know I'm right but yet here we are talking about the top 3 team in the state THIS YEAR. I feel like if any team could appreciate what we have done it would be the Maryville fans and coaches. You won't hear me try to diminish what Maryville's getting ready to do again. THINK ABOUT THAT!!!! <_<

GEEZ if ALCOA HADN'T GOT THAT 4th and 7.... :roflol: Boy when the shoe is on the other foot it just doesn't fit sometimes.

You know good and well that Maryville fans have handled the loss with a lot of class , and given Alcoa all the props in the World . I was using that scenario as an example and you know that . I hope my Alcoa brothers can handle it just as well when the shoe is on the other foot again .

Greenville would beat Columbia by at least 2 TDs. Best 2 teams are Alcoa and Greenville

i don't know much about Greenville but I think it would be a good game or any of these teams matched up we are talking about because if anyone has kept track of columbia they got better and better as the season went on which they did last year too.. also they need some props since they graduated 12 starting sr's last year so they weren't even expecting to have a winning season and friday night under the circumstances i think they could of hung in there with smyrna or maryville or anyone. but that's just my .02

1. Maryville

2. Alcoa

3. Columbia

4. Knox West :blush:

I always think Maryville just improves so much during the season that they would beat Alcoa in a rematch. That game is played too early. Just my opinion though.

i think knox west should be tied with columbia when they played that game was a fight right until the end of it