Division II All State Team

footballfan1111

The season has come to a close, and here is the list of what should be the D-II AA all state team. If any of these boys are left of the list it is a shame.

Offense

Player of the year-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Caro-BA

RB-Nantambu Fentress-Ensworth

OL-Ben Still-MUS

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Conner Caruthers-MUS

OL-Barret Cougar-Baylor

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie

Defense

Player of the year-Henry Dickinson-MUS

DL-Kennan Crenshaw-Ensworth

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DL-Matt Murphy-Christian Brothers

DE-Jarrod Coleman-McCallie

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Henry Dickinson-MUS

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Cory Batey-Ensworth

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

ATH-Jordan Wilkins-SBA

P-Toby Baker-MUS

K-Nathan Renfro-BA

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I believe Fentress and Elder should be there, but Fentress isn't as good as LB as the other three, and Elder had to be on there, so it fits best.

Fentress may not be but Steve Varnado from Christian Brothers should be at LB. He had 102 tackles and 6 sacks. Varnado should be in Kay's(57 tackles- 0 sacks)spot. Elder will be at RB. Bertrand should get a DB spot. Smith (josh) from BGA should be at WR and Garlington to ATH. Odd man out in my book is Drew Parker. He may be a pro one day - book it.

Edited by metroballer

So, does anybody know enough to do a DII-A all state team? I'm assuming all the posts on all state have been completely focused on AA. I know Spencer Pulley from ECS is going to Vandy. I would assume that puts him in the top 5 linemen in all of DII? I don't see any of the listed guys in the Scout data base but I really have no knowledge of them anyway so I can't say.

Will there be all state teams named for the two different divisions?

Another question. Does Trey Becton-Martin the ATH from Briarcrest, a USM commit, not fit in here anywhere?

The season has come to a close, and here is the list of what should be the D-II AA all state team. If any of these boys are left of the list it is a shame.

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Caro-BA

OL-Ben Still-MUS

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Conner Caruthers-MUS

OL-Barret Cougar-Baylor

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie

Defense

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Henry Dickinson-MUS

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Cory Batey-Ensworth

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

ATH-Jordan Wilkins-SBA

P-Toby Baker-MUS

K-Nathan Renfro-BA

I would substitute David Dingess for either Keenan Hale or Weldon Garlington at WR based primarily on the finish to his season. He came up big in the BA Semi-finals (6 catches for 127 yards). His two long catches on third down and 30 plus yards were one of the keys to that win. Plus the game winner in the Baylor game and he was an excellent down field blocker all year.I think he finished # 4 in receiving yards for D2 behind the Smith brothers and Cory Batey.

Offense

QB- Jacob Huesman-Baylor

QB-Drew Parker-Ensworth

RB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

RB-Victor Caro-BA

OL-Ben Still- MUS

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Conner Caruthers-MUS

OL-Barret Cougar-Baylor

OL- Graham Shuler-BA

TE- Blake Thomson- BGA

WR- Keenan Hale-McCallie

WR- Josh Smith- BGA

Defense

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-Steve Varnado- Christian Brothers

LB-Henry Dickinson- MUS

DB-Rodney Edmiston-Ensworth

DB-Cory Batey-Ensworth

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Derek King-BA

ATH-Weldon Garlington-BA

P-Toby Baker-MUS

K-Phillip Spellman-MBA

Edited by hdcastle

Offense

QB- Jacob Huesman-Baylor

QB-Drew Parker-Ensworth

RB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

RB-Victor Caro-BA

OL-Ben Still- MUS

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Conner Caruthers-MUS

OL-Barret Cougar-Baylor

OL- Graham Shuler-BA

TE- Blake Thomson- BGA

WR- Keenan Hale-McCallie

WR- Josh Smith- BGA

Defense

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-Steve Varnado- Christian Brothers

LB-Henry Dickinson- MUS

DB-Rodney Edmiston-Ensworth

DB-Cory Batey-Ensworth

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Derek King-BA

ATH-Weldon Garlington-BA

P-Toby Baker-MUS

K-Phillip Spellman-MBA

You men have mentioned some players that certainly had major impacts on their teams. Pecos1- Dingess is a real player. He finished with the best play of perhaps any receiver. Was he hot all year or just at the end? I saw him play three times in person and once on television and he made some outstanding pro catches.

Metroballer- I saw Varnado play and he had a decent but not great game. I know that he had more tackles than Kay who plays the middle as good as anyone.

hdcastle-you see it all from the box and I noticed that Parker and Edmiston were added by you. Parker played so well but I do not think he upped Beathard although it may be close. Edmiston...not too sure that both Ensworth players should be there. Batey is a must. He has real talent.

Edmiston has 5 interceptions, all came at big moments and also racked up a ton of tackles. There may be better options but from what I've seen live Rodney needs to be at least considered.

I've seen both Beathard and Parker play many times, both are outstanding quarterbacks but Drew flat out got it done it the most critical moments, something Beathard did not do too well. If Beathard get's picked I will have no problem with that either.

As for Dingess, I almost put him in for Hale. Like Parker, Dingess came through but Hale is just a freak and was McCallie's MVP in my opinion. Same for Josh Smith and BGA. There should be at least one more WR spot.

Edited by hdcastle

Edmiston has 5 interceptions, all came at big moments and also racked up a ton of tackles. There may be better options but from what I've seen live Rodney needs to be at least considered.

I've seen both Beathard and Parker play many times, both are outstanding quarterbacks but Drew flat out got it done it the most critical moments, something Beathard did not do too well. If Beathard get's picked I will have no problem with that either.

As for Dingess, I almost put him in for Hale. Like Parker, Dingess came through but Hale is just a freak and was McCallie's MVP in my opinion. Same for Josh Smith and BGA. There should be at least one more WR spot.

Agree Batey is a superior athlete in every way and will be a major recruit next year.

Dingess was consistent all year but really made some "sick" catches at the end of the season. I saw almost every game and I don't remember him ever dropping a ball he got his hands on. He is not blazing fast because of his height, but he always seemed to be open and he tracks the ball well in the air and can jump. He finished with over 30 catches for about 600 yards in 10 games at WR in a run oriented offense. I agree Josh Smith and Hale are great players. However, the victor gets the spoils.

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Caro-BA

OL-Ben Still-MUS

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Conner Caruthers-MUS

OL-Barret Cougar-Baylor

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie

Defense

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Henry Dickinson-MUS

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Cory Batey-Ensworth

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

ATH-Jordan Wilkins-SBA

P-Toby Baker-MUS

K-Nathan Renfro-BA

Varnado had 102 tackles, 6 sacks and 1 int. That's pretty impressive. Kay is solid but 57 stops 0 sacks and 0 picks doesn't really make a good case over Varnado.

Agree Batey is a superior athlete in every way and will be a major recruit next year.

Dingess was consistent all year but really made some "sick" catches at the end of the season. I saw almost every game and I don't remember him ever dropping a ball he got his hands on. He is not blazing fast because of his height, but he always seemed to be open and he tracks the ball well in the air and can jump. He finished with over 30 catches for about 600 yards in 10 games at WR in a run oriented offense. I agree Josh Smith and Hale are great players. However, the victor gets the spoils.

I agree, it's a close call. I hope he gets it.