Trezevant's behavior at State...Deplorable!

visionaire

The only think that remotely resembles taunting was early 4th quarter, when Trezevant was totally coming unglued, some Greeneville players were pointing at the scoreboard and their ring fingers. The coaching staff quickly got it under control...but heck, they desereved to gloat a bit.

It's only human nature to finally say.."I've had enough" and by the 4th quarter the Greenville players had had enough. Nuff said :popcorneater:

Where to start. I was actually there for the 6A game. I was very impressed with the Greenville team. I was very disappointed with the Trezevant teams action and the lack of action from the coaching staff.

Now here's where I get into trouble. I was also very disappointed with the taunting by the Greenville team. You have to rise above another teams actions and not lower yourselves to the other teams level. No excuse for it. Great win. A little tainted by your actions. Just somethingto think about.

Congratulations Greenville on your championship.

I was also at the game, Greeneville showed some emotions after scores and big plays. Was this taunting, I dont think so, you can not take all the emotions out of the game. I dont think this caused THS too act out like they did, this started during warm ups.

Yes it was in the 4th qtr when I witnessed the taunting and yes it was the pointing at the scoreboard, pulling at their jersey's and pointing at their ring fingers. Just plain and simple taunting, This was a little more than emotion. I know you can't take emotion out of a game much less out of young men, but there is a difference in jumping up and down, congratulating your teammates, celebrating and taunting the other team. This happened twice after each score and after each kickoff . I did see one of the coaches getting onto one of the players involved so I know it wasn't being condoned.

This was just an observation by an innocent bystander. Its easy to see the other teams faults but not always as easy to see your teams faults. I am in no way saying that what Trezevant did was equal or right. There should definitely be some consequences and some actions taken against Trezevant. With that being said I don't think there should be any actions taken against Greenville. No excuse for taunting. No matter what the other team is doing. That's my opinion. I did it once after an interception. My coach took my helmet and I watched the rest of the game from the sidelines. Ran alot the next week in practice too. Never taunted another player again as bad as I wanted too. I knew the consequences. Just saying.

Edited by naildriver247

I know that Trezevant has some great young men besides those that acted as they did. I wouldn't say a word to the response those Devil players were giving.If the shoe had been on the other foot,I doubt Trezevant would have shown that kind of restraint.I bet their coach would have defended any action his players would have taken as well.It just fired me up,watching the Greeneville players take that stuff,when they could have added insult to the scoreboard.I'm glad they didn't however ,and the Trezevant {bad apples}and coaches had to suffer the humiliation until the bitter end.

I know that Trezevant has some great young men besides those that acted as they did. I wouldn't say a word to the response those Devil players were giving.If the shoe had been on the other foot,I doubt Trezevant would have shown that kind of restraint.I bet their coach would have defended any action his players would have taken as well.It just fired me up,watching the Greeneville players take that stuff,when they could have added insult to the scoreboard.I'm glad they didn't however ,and the Trezevant {bad apples}and coaches had to suffer the humiliation until the bitter end.

What was THS game plan to start a brawl? I thought there was going to be trouble during pregame warm-ups.

What was THS game plan to start a brawl? I thought there was going to be trouble during pregame warm-ups.

I did also, I was sitting on the 30 yrd line on the end of the field both teams came in on. Greeneville's O was warming up when they came on the field. Instead of (mot the whole team) but probably a third walked rignt up agianst our team. They had 40 yards to walk to the other side but choose to crowd our team.

I didnt have anyone playing this year or last but attended both games. I told by wife I was afraid our team would get in trouble in response to all the bad behavior of the other team. It is the worse control of a game I have ever witnessed. I am 55 and have attended a lot of games over the years, including when I was in high school. This was the worse. Granted there were only a few but the coaches should have yanked them.

I am proud of the restraint our team and fans used.

I did also, I was sitting on the 30 yrd line on the end of the field both teams came in on. Greeneville's O was warming up when they came on the field. Instead of (mot the whole team) but probably a third walked rignt up agianst our team. They had 40 yards to walk to the other side but choose to crowd our team.

I didnt have anyone playing this year or last but attended both games. I told by wife I was afraid our team would get in trouble in response to all the bad behavior of the other team. It is the worse control of a game I have ever witnessed. I am 55 and have attended a lot of games over the years, including when I was in high school. This was the worse. Granted there were only a few but the coaches should have yanked them.

I am proud of the restraint our team and fans used.

Okay, I am a fan of one of the county teams in Greene County (South Greene), but I will completely take up for the devils. They came to Rebel Hill and acted respectfully and curteous. I am proud of the Devils. I thought they showed great restraint when Trezevant was obviously asking for trouble. The refs should have ejected Booker much earlier. Whiners want to say they ran up the score: They were going for a state record! Whiners want to say they nagged the other team: Trezavant asked for it! Whiners want to say they acted a little to happy after scoring: Good grief, they do that in college. Maybe you should prepare your thugs for real life. Congrats Devils. Those of us on the South side of the river are proud of you.

After reading all the post about how things were on TV I had to watch to see if there was things I was not able to see at the game. WOW What I did see was TV had very little of what was going on. Like our wide recievers being held and even tackled( but no call), our QB and Kicker being hit late (no call), #51 walking into our huddle at least twice. I really blame the refs for not keeping this game under control. If ejections had taken place early in the game, it all would have stopped. If Devils are acting up toss them also. But Trezevants players had no reason (other than self respect and sportsmanship) to not act this way. There were no conquences for bad behavior. Coaches and officals need to pay the cost, I'm thru sorry for the rant. I am sure this does not reflect how Memphis or the entire school acts.

Im only going on experience on what Im about to say so you people from memphis dont get in my grill over this. They try(THS) to intimidate oppossing teams. There is no doubt this is a tactic condoned by the coach an AD Teli White. Do I have proof ? Only his behavior on the sidelines during and after the game. Not once did I see a player getting reamed for behaving like a thug. If this game had been played in Mempho They would have had the THS community out in full force and the results would have been much worse. Im not going to recant what I have experienced personally but trust me there would have been the crowd to deal with as well.

I dont recall seeing a "handshake line" after the game. I dont blame the Greenville coaching staff for this. They were trying to keep a maylee from breaking out. THS and the other Memphis schools with this type of character has no place in sports. Clean it up and everyone will only remember your athletics and not your deplorable conduct.

Okay, I am a fan of one of the county teams in Greene County (South Greene), but I will completely take up for the devils. They came to Rebel Hill and acted respectfully and curteous. I am proud of the Devils. I thought they showed great restraint when Trezevant was obviously asking for trouble. The refs should have ejected Booker much earlier. Whiners want to say they ran up the score: They were going for a state record! Whiners want to say they nagged the other team: Trezavant asked for it! Whiners want to say they acted a little to happy after scoring: Good grief, they do that in college. Maybe you should prepare your thugs for real life. Congrats Devils. Those of us on the South side of the river are proud of you.

One of my all time favorite games was on the hill.Sunnyside vs Debusk {Three overtimes}.Some of the best future Rebs were on those teams.Until this year,the only thing we could really point at from Greeneville and Greene county were those great South Greene girl's basketball teams.My mom played for Saint James{pre South Greene}and they always had great girls basketball from that part of the county.

After reading all the post about how things were on TV I had to watch to see if there was things I was not able to see at the game. WOW What I did see was TV had very little of what was going on. Like our wide recievers being held and even tackled( but no call), our QB and Kicker being hit late (no call), #51 walking into our huddle at least twice. I really blame the refs for not keeping this game under control. If ejections had taken place early in the game, it all would have stopped. If Devils are acting up toss them also. But Trezevants players had no reason (other than self respect and sportsmanship) to not act this way. There were no conquences for bad behavior. Coaches and officals need to pay the cost, I'm thru sorry for the rant. I am sure this does not reflect how Memphis or the entire school acts.

Fig I'll take responsibility for it. I guess Memphis went to you know where in a handbag after I moved out here 8 months ago :)