Trezevant's behavior at State...Deplorable!

visionaire

Camden didn't have any problem with the Memphis Manassas players this year. The Manassas players acted like gentlemen and didn't do too much "talking" before or after the game and they have "Volunteer" coaches. Bad behavior on the football field goes back to coaching and how the child was raised. Sad that this even has to come up. I remember when I was in HS, our girls basketball went to memphis to play and guns were fired in the gym after we beat the team. It was crazy.

That has been my experiance . i hate going to Memphis schools because im afraid that one of our kids could get shot. Not that this is the schools fault but... Its still something Im concerned about to say the least. Im not the only one either. i have talked to caoches that have said they were afraid to win because of the reactions from the crowds. By the way 4 of The Greenfield bus tires were slashed and one blew out on the way home . THP confirmed tampering To think that 60 ball players lives were at stake is terifying. So the question is who slashed the tires? I dont think it was anyone from Greenfield.

I agree that it was not easy watching the end of that football game and Trezevant has to be punished in some way. In saying that though, I recall looking over to my son when the score was 44 to 6 and Greeneville successfully completing a two point conversion and telling him why in the world would the coaching staff do that. I don't think that is on the card and that this game is fixing to get real ugly. I proceeded to have a great teaching moment of how you win gracefully and lose gracefully. Explaining how both coaching staffs have a lot to learn and during your athletic career DO NOT DO EITHER one of the situations shown in that game.

I agree that it was not easy watching the end of that football game and Trezevant has to be punished in some way. In saying that though, I recall looking over to my son when the score was 44 to 6 and Greeneville successfully completing a two point conversion and telling him why in the world would the coaching staff do that. I don't think that is on the card and that this game is fixing to get real ugly. I proceeded to have a great teaching moment of how you win gracefully and lose gracefully. Explaining how both coaching staffs have a lot to learn and during your athletic career DO NOT DO EITHER one of the situations shown in that game.

That 2-point conversion secured for Greeneville, the state record for points in a season. I hate to say it but there are a whole lot of coaches that would have done exactly the same thing or risk being "that close" and coming up short....and besides, that game had already gotten "real ugly".

That has been my experiance . i hate going to Memphis schools because im afraid that one of our kids could get shot. Not that this is the schools fault but... Its still something Im concerned about to say the least. Im not the only one either. i have talked to caoches that have said they were afraid to win because of the reactions from the crowds. By the way 4 of The Greenfield bus tires were slashed and one blew out on the way home . THP confirmed tampering To think that 60 ball players lives were at stake is terifying. So the question is who slashed the tires? I dont think it was anyone from Greenfield.

[/quote

That's the most irresponsible and stupid statement I've ever read on a Coacht forum! You live in a sheltered world to say the least!

P.S. Greenfield didn't play in a state championship game this past weekend!

Edited by QBClubPrez

This simply reflects that there are really 4 divisions in Tennessee Football

East, Middle, West, and Memphis.

Why do you think Memphis signs 30 D1 athletes every year but almost never win anything? Some school goes 6-6 and has 4 guys sign with SEC, Big 12, etc. Happens every year.

They have great athletes but from what i have seen not much disciplin. Individual efforts are outstanding. Trezevant had some fantastic individuals. But lacked the most important ingriediant of disipline. It could also be alot like the SEC. Schools with so much talent that they eliminate each other.Sorry if Ive upset some people on here but Ive seen what I have seen. Im glad to be in a district now that has very little chance of playing a Memphis school. It is what it is.

[/quote

That's the most irresponsible and stupid statement I've ever read on a Coacht forum! You live in a sheltered world to say the least!

P.S. Greenfield didn't play in a state championship game this past weekend!

Consider the source and never fear that kind of rabble. I saw the last half and it was deplorable. Then they were throwing themselves down on the turf when it was over like they couldn't believe that they had just gotten beat. They had 3 qtrs to let that soak in.

TB, I am surprised Greeneville wasn't going for 2 every time considering the way Trezevant was attacking the kicking unit.

TB, I am surprised Greeneville wasn't going for 2 every time considering the way Trezevant was attacking the kicking unit.

I agree! When Trez attacked the snapper WAAAAY early after Greenevilles first score I looked to a friend of mine and said that the devils should go for 2. Maybe then they wouldn't commit offsides/personal foul penalties after EVERY score.

I hate to see anyone destroy a clearly weaker opponent like that, but if anyone ever deserved it Trezevant did for sure.

I agree! When Trez attacked the snapper WAAAAY early after Greenevilles first score I looked to a friend of mine and said that the devils should go for 2. Maybe then they wouldn't commit offsides/personal foul penalties after EVERY score.

I hate to see anyone destroy a clearly weaker opponent like that, but if anyone ever deserved it Trezevant did for sure.

I thought Ben Ogle responded brilliantly. After the penalties were assessed on the ensuing kick-off, he aimed for the uprights and booted a couple through!

Irresponsible? The most irresponsible things were (1) the handeling of the players by the refs and coaches of both teams. (2) The slashing of the tires on GreenVILLES teams bus. (3) The lack of response by the TSSAA so far thi week. Monkey QB Ive been there when the guns went off and our kids had to hit the ground. Ive seen 1st hand the crowds come to near all out riot after a loss. Throwing stuf at our kids. ive witnessed my friends cars damaged in the parking lot after a game. But oh .. No one is supposed to say anything. Sweep it under the rug. If you want to consider the source consider someone who has been there. These events happened 10 and 12 years ago. Looks like some things never change. Stupid? 60 kids lives were Endangered this past weekend when one of the slashed tires blew out on the interstate. That was stupid. Look call me irresponsible call me stupid I dont care. Ive seen what I have seen. Sheltered? Good! Our kids are supposed to be sheltered from this kind of behavior. I dont know either of you and you dont know me. So before you judge me, know personally what you are talking about. If you still want to consider me irresponsible and sheltered and stupid thats fine with me.

• Upvote 1