Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

You won't hear much more out of me about it. I feel like I've said enough as it is! Let's just all be happy! :flower:

I've heard the excuse for why the kid is going there but I don't know how it could hold any water with the TSSAA.

Injun, you ought to be ashamed of yerself. fueltofire.gif

Ole B4B was happy four whole days, then you had to go and git him all unhappy again. patback.gif:roflolk:

A blocked punt led directly to a touchdown, pressure on the punter led to another. Give credit to Signal for those, blame Sequatchie for not doing better. A long run of about 30 yards was called back on a disputed penalty-a blindside block on a cutback run was called a clip somehow and after being backed up, Sequatchie's intereption quickly led to another score. Sequatchie had a touchdown pass called back for a disputed chop block, also had a pass into the end zone rule incomplete when everyone from the visiting side still believes it was a touchdown. Both of those were in the first half, not during any garbage time. Signal may have went on to win anyway but the game could have been much closer.

I'd not heard about the "Highway 58" player, I've seen nothing about SM being a partner school with Chattanooga Central, wouldn't this be a violation?

New sign for the Signal locker room:

Sequatchie mom says we didn't beat 'em bad enough last year. oh_really.gif

Injun, you ought to be ashamed of yerself. fueltofire.gif

Ole B4B was happy four whole days, then you had to go and git him all unhappy again. patback.gif:roflolk:

LOL! I'm still happy. Just clarifying some things. Just trying to stay active on the messages boards! What's the word on any signees coming out of Signal?? I read that Whitmire was looking at Birmingham-Southern. Any word on if anyone will sign on Nat'l Signing Day?

Signal has a couple benefits along getting players in their program. One is almost any move to signal mtn. will get the mileage issue out of the way. Kids from Howard can attend. They also have a special business education curriculum that I believe is not taught at any other school in the area. I have been told that these type of specialized curriculums are used by many schools as a way to justify an un zoned kid coming to a school. All within the TSSAA rules.

Edited by chattanooga

Signal has a couple benefits along getting players in their program. One is almost any move to signal mtn. will get the mileage issue out of the way. Kids from Howard can attend. They also have a special business education curriculum that I believe is not taught at any other school in the area. I have been told that these type of specialized curriculums are used by many schools as a way to justify an un zoned kid coming to a school. All within the TSSAA rules.

Haters_Gonna_Hate_03.jpg

So let me get this straight, SM has added their "specialized business curriculum" so they can recruit football players...of course all those students have to actually enroll in those courses in order to qualify for out of zone status. What's next? Are you gonna say the school fakes class attendance and grades to get the boys eligible? I know of a school that teaches Mandarin Chinese. Its the only school in quite a large area to do so. It also requires a partnership with the China to provide instructors. Maybe they use it to subvert TSSAA rules or... Maybe they just want to offer students the best tools for success. I rather doubt we would be having this conversation if SM wasn't having success. I'd be willing to bet there are OOZ players on the vast majority of TSSAA teams for one reason or another. The idea that any school system would approve funding for a special program for any reason other than academic excellence is moronic. The Eagles have been savy in the establishment of their new football program and are reaping the benefits. One of those benefits is the ability to attract talent. Most parents want to provide the best atmosphere for their children to reach their full potential. The programs at SM, on the surface appear to be superior to most available in the Chattanooga public school system...certainly cheaper than the local prep schools, who are most likely suffering greatly by Eagle success. Would you be so indignant if SM didn't bring home the Gold?

In reading my post it could be that I chose my wording poorly.

I will make it clear.

I do not think the curriculum was chosen for athletics.

I am not sure if my information regarding a a sprcialized curriculum is a reason an unzoned student can petition the school system to attend a different school is accurate, if so it can be a benefit that other schools do not have.

I have not heard that any student at Signal Mtn. is going there under this type of petition.

I do think the distance between the Signal Mtn. school and most of the population of Hamilton County is over 20 miles, making transfer eligibility easier to obtain than most other schools in Hamilton County.

Howard students can attend Signal Mtn.

In reading my post it could be that I chose my wording poorly.

I will make it clear.

I do not think the curriculum was chosen for athletics.

I am not sure if my information regarding a a sprcialized curriculum is a reason an unzoned student can petition the school system to attend a different school is accurate, if so it can be a benefit that other schools do not have.

I have not heard that any student at Signal Mtn. is going there under this type of petition.

I do think the distance between the Signal Mtn. school and most of the population of Hamilton County is over 20 miles, making transfer eligibility easier to obtain than most other schools in Hamilton County.

Howard students can attend Signal Mtn.

Yes they can. I think they started busing in about 100 students this year. I believe this was prompted by the less than stellar academic performance of Howard High. If I'm not mistaken, a few of these kids also participate in athletics.

Hear'd we'z startin' a new curriculum on the Mountain if'n you'z interested.

Stop-Whining-Start-Winning001.jpg

Edited by MountainTroll

So let me get this straight, SM has added their "specialized business curriculum" so they can recruit football players...of course all those students have to actually enroll in those courses in order to qualify for out of zone status. ...... The programs at SM, on the surface appear to be superior to most available in the Chattanooga public school system...certainly cheaper than the local prep schools, who are most likely suffering greatly by Eagle success. Would you be so indignant if SM didn't bring home the Gold?

Appreciate the support, Barb. Lookin' forward to meetin' you the Friday after Thanksgiving. :thumb: