Nashville Overton

tnhsfbfan85

Any truth to the rumor that he is retiring? I know he has been there around 30 years. I think Overton is one of the better jobs in Metro.

Overton is not the job it once was. When I went to Overton we were thought of as being the best non magnet metro school for academics. Our athletic teams were supported by Dr. Hammond and Wayne Parker. It was a great situation. Fans supported their teams. Overton is still one of the better jobs in Metro but it is no where near what it has been before. Most everyone I graduated with now lives in Mt. Juliet, Franklin, Hendersonville, or Murfreesboro. My how the AHS rivalry has changed too. Not too many tea sippers or farmers left.

As to the rumor......same one has gone around the last three to five years. Overton has had a good couple of years but they do not have anything coming back. Now would be a good time for him to get out. Who would be interested if he were to step down?