GILES COUNTY 2010

sawdust76

Sawdust,

Can you give us a breakdown of what to look for from Giles County? Tell us about their players and style of play...They have an impressive record, but I dont know anything about them. I'll be glad to breakdown Sycamore for you if you want some insight.

Look forward to seeing ya'll at Sycamore East Monday night.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sawdust,

Can you give us a breakdown of what to look for from Giles County? Tell us about their players and style of play...They have an impressive record, but I dont know anything about them. I'll be glad to breakdown Sycamore for you if you want some insight.

short breakdown,we don't have a "big man" but got 5 men over 6 ft.we can run , jump and shoot,and we want it bad!look for a dogfight!see yall monday night.we already know about you.

W- over lawrence co.by 18

W- over hickman co. by 48

L- to marshall co. by 6

W- over lincoln co. by 6

L- to springhill by 2 / lead entire game,up by 11 at 4 min. mark

W- over lewis co. by 13

W- over wesminster christian by 20

W- over madison academy by 11

W- over cornersville by 47 / why are we playing cornersville?]

W- over ardmore by 52 / why are we playing ardmore?

W- over lincoln co. by 3 / refs done a terrible job!

W- over east hickman by 30 something / we looked as bad as east hickman!

snowed-out this week next game 1/18

W- over hickman co. by 42 / marshall co. friday night.need that one

L- to marshall co. by 6 again /try springhill again tuesday night

W- over springhill by 18 / finally played good team ball!

W- over lewis co. by 30 something / did't look as good as springhill game

W- over fairview by 26 / page only district foe we hadn't met,happens this week!

W- over east hickman by 27 / got page thursday night,fairiew friday nite.

W- over page by 6 / refs couldn't call hogs! fairview tonight.

W- over fairview by 29 / page again tuesday night.

W- over page by 11 /had one starter out.finish regular season fri.nite at lawrenceburg.

W- over lawrence by 1 / refs bad,fans unruley,good tough win.ready for tourney play!

W- over fairview by 39 / springhill friday late game.

L- to springhill by 5 / come out flat,finished flat.we're a yoyo team.springhill didn't look good either.

W- over page by 17/ page 4th, giles 3rd, marshall 2nd, springhill 1st.

next game sat. night,2 seed in 11aa

W- over harpeth by 25 /play springhill,stewart co. winner tuesday night.

got springhill at creekwood tues. night.do or die!all we have to do to win is play team ball

W- over springhill by 9 /played team ball!got marshall co. thursday night for region crown!

L- to marshall co. by 3.they got up by 14 at one time.we made some good runs but come up short again.look out sycamore!

Sawdust,

Unlike sawdust I know notta about sycamore other than your record and it could be like GC's over-rated. GC only lost to 2 teams but only played 3 that was competition and 2 of those are still playing, Lawrenceburg and Marshall County. So tell me more about Sycamore.

Unlike sawdust I know notta about sycamore other than your record .....

.....So tell me more about Sycamore.

This has been an exciting team to watch. Strong defense, great shooters, and good intensity. On a few occasions, it seemed like they were playing at the same level as their opponent, up or down. And that can be dangerous. (remember Harpeth, fella's?)

I just hope we can get more than a handfull of Sycamore supporters to show up for the game. :unsure:

Unlike sawdust I know notta about sycamore other than your record and it could be like GC's over-rated. GC only lost to 2 teams but only played 3 that was competition and 2 of those are still playing, Lawrenceburg and Marshall County. So tell me more about Sycamore.

Sycamore has strong senior leadership which was evident when they didn't get rattled after East Lit started the 3rd qtr with a 19-4 run. The bench is deep which allows the the War Eagles to push the pace from beginning to end. Keenon Froeden, the point guard, may be the best on the ball defender I've ever seen. Sycamore likes the three ball, but drives the ball to the rim pretty well considering their overall lack of size. Their coach has been able to neutralize the opposition's strengths and exploit their weaknesses. At this point their biggest asset may be their confidence.

Consider this, giles lost to marshall 3 times,twice by 6,and by 3 in region champ.game.2 and 2 with springhill ,one of them losses by 1,and sent them home for the year,and they were ranked in the top 10 most of the year.beat lawrence co. twice ,by 18 first game,they advance to sectional aaa. also beat aaa lincoln co. twice,which had a better than usual team.looks to me almost half their games this season were tough ones.can't help our district's down,got to play them games,tho we could have played some tougher holiday tourneys.giles is playing good ball and i think they're an experienced young team that's got a good shot at going to the state!go bobcats!

Edited by sawdust76

Consider this, giles lost to marshall 3 times,twice by 6,and by 3 in region champ.game.2 and 2 with springhill ,one of them losses by 1,and sent them home for the year,and they were ranked in the top 10 most of the year.beat lawrence co. twice ,by 18 first game,they advance to sectional aaa. also beat aaa lincoln co. twice,which had a better than usual team.looks to me almost half their games this season were tough ones.can't help our district's down,got to play them games,tho we could have played some tougher holiday tourneys.giles is playing good ball and i think they're an experienced young team that's got a good shot at going to the state!go bobcats!

I won't pretend to know who will win between Sycamore and Giles County, but I will chime in on this... You're right that Giles County has had a very good season and that you can't help how weak the district was/is overall. But Giles County could've helped the joke of a holiday tournament they chose to play in... I'll say this too. I just thought it was pretty sad when I heard that Kedren Johnson sat out 6 1/2 minutes or so of the 3rd quarter and Giles County still couldn't close it out and win with him on the bench for almost a quarter of the game. And don't get me wrong. I am far from a Kedren Johnson fan. His antics and the crap he got away with for four years, in mainly district play, was a joke. So, him getting four fouls early in a game, for once, was probably more than overdue. I just thought it was pretty bad that Giles County couldn't build enough of a lead in the 3rd quarter of the Region championship considering 3/4 of the Marshall County team (Kedren Johnson) was on the bench so long.

I won't pretend to know who will win between Sycamore and Giles County, but I will chime in on this... You're right that Giles County has had a very good season and that you can't help how weak the district was/is overall. But Giles County could've helped the joke of a holiday tournament they chose to play in... I'll say this too. I just thought it was pretty sad when I heard that Kedren Johnson sat out 6 1/2 minutes or so of the 3rd quarter and Giles County still couldn't close it out and win with him on the bench for almost a quarter of the game. And don't get me wrong. I am far from a Kedren Johnson fan. His antics and the crap he got away with for four years, in mainly district play, was a joke. So, him getting four fouls early in a game, for once, was probably more than overdue. I just thought it was pretty bad that Giles County couldn't build enough of a lead in the 3rd quarter of the Region championship considering 3/4 of the Marshall County team (Kedren Johnson) was on the bench so long.

I'll have to agree on all points.already mentioned the tourneys.when kedron sat the 3rd period,instead of attacking,we played marshall county's slow down game.didn't make good sense.learn from mistakes.ready for monday night!

W- over lawrence co.by 18

W- over hickman co. by 48

L- to marshall co. by 6

W- over lincoln co. by 6

L- to springhill by 2 / lead entire game,up by 11 at 4 min. mark

W- over lewis co. by 13

W- over wesminster christian by 20

W- over madison academy by 11

W- over cornersville by 47 / why are we playing cornersville?]

W- over ardmore by 52 / why are we playing ardmore?

W- over lincoln co. by 3 / refs done a terrible job!

W- over east hickman by 30 something / we looked as bad as east hickman!

snowed-out this week next game 1/18

W- over hickman co. by 42 / marshall co. friday night.need that one

L- to marshall co. by 6 again /try springhill again tuesday night

W- over springhill by 18 / finally played good team ball!

W- over lewis co. by 30 something / did't look as good as springhill game

W- over fairview by 26 / page only district foe we hadn't met,happens this week!

W- over east hickman by 27 / got page thursday night,fairiew friday nite.

W- over page by 6 / refs couldn't call hogs! fairview tonight.

W- over fairview by 29 / page again tuesday night.

W- over page by 11 /had one starter out.finish regular season fri.nite at lawrenceburg.

W- over lawrence by 1 / refs bad,fans unruley,good tough win.ready for tourney play!

W- over fairview by 39 / springhill friday late game.

L- to springhill by 5 / come out flat,finished flat.we're a yoyo team.springhill didn't look good either.

W- over page by 17/ page 4th, giles 3rd, marshall 2nd, springhill 1st.

next game sat. night,2 seed in 11aa

W- over harpeth by 25 /play springhill,stewart co. winner tuesday night.

got springhill at creekwood tues. night.do or die!all we have to do to win is play team ball

W- over springhill by 9 /played team ball!got marshall co. thursday night for region crown!

L- to marshall co. by 3.they got up by 14 at one time.we made some good runs but come up short again.look out sycamore!

done sh#t,showered,and shaved,fixin to head up to vol state to see dim bobcats get after them war eagles.for some reason,i got a real good feeln about this game!go bobcats !!!!!!!

Congrats, Bobcats, you weathered the Sycamore storm, held your composure, capitalized on mistakes, and played a great game. Other teams have been easily frustrated by the Sycamore Defense. Now, go all the way!

Still VERY Proud of our War Eagles! The most successful team in Sycamore Basketball history! Love you guys!