2010 Toyota East Vs. West All-Star Tennessee Classic

MOTO24

Well, not a very good game. Got a little crazy in the 4th. Tyler made some good throws. Hope the young man who got carried off on a stretcher is ok. Congrats to the East, they seem to dominate everything.

West Coaching staff was pathetic. How can a Mr. Football award winner not be the starting QB. Tyler was never able to get in a rythm with the offense. But at least he got in. Some players on the West did not get on the field for a single play!!!! :twisted:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Coaching staff was pathetic. How can a Mr. Football award winner not be the starting QB. Tyler was never able to get in a rythm with the offense. But at least he got in. Some players on the West did not get on the field for a single play!!!! :twisted:

A Mr. Football award winner did start. Jake Overbey from USJ won the Division II-A award in 2009 & 2010.

any word on the player that was carried off

It's bad enough hitting helmet to helmet, but helmet to bare head? His legs were moving, and looked like he might have been talking when they carried him off, so hopefully he's okay. If anyone who knows him gets on here, please keep us updated.

Edited by viking_fan

I watched the game from beginning to end. The player carted off the field returned in the 2nd half to the sideline and was interviewed. He was diagnosed with a concussion. Luckily it was something more serious. He said he didn't remember the hit or the game, but that he would be ok. That is great to here.

Now back to the game. Mr. Overbey is a fine talent, but I would venture to say most coaches would take Tyler Rice over him. Overbey is a better baseball player than football player, but I feel since he was from West Tennessee he got the nod over Tyler. That is just my personal opinion.

I hope we all agree that if the player comes up and puts in the hard work for 3 days, he should at least be rewarded with some PT in the game. I say politics were displayed at its best today on the West sideline.

About Hale being in the game, is South Pitt's coach a member of TACA? Sometimes that is a deciding factor.

I still think it was ridiculous that Raquis Hale from South Pittsburg wasnt in this game. He was the best in 1A.

Yeah, it really is ridiculous. He was by far better than any of those other backs, IMO. Great job Tyler on making it to the game and getting to play. He has had a great four years at WC.

Edited by wildcatalumni

Hale should have been there and should have been one of the featured backs. Single A discrimination at its finest. Let him play on the big stage and see what he's made of against the biggers schools. My hunch is that he would have juked a few players out of their jocks, then ran away from them to the end zone. GCA had the single A lineman Mr Football and he wasn't invited either. Not sure if our probation had something to do with that or not, but he also should have been there.

Hale should have been there and should have been one of the featured backs. Single A discrimination at its finest. Let him play on the big stage and see what he's made of against the biggers schools. My hunch is that he would have juked a few players out of their jocks, then ran away from them to the end zone. GCA had the single A lineman Mr Football and he wasn't invited either. Not sure if our probation had something to do with that or not, but he also should have been there.

How does someone win Mr Football and not get invited to the All-Star game??? Go figure...