Ensworth Christmas tournament

swipper

Didn't see anywhere else to say it, so I guess I will say it here. I was very impressed with Livingston Academy's team in this tournament. They did not match up well against Ensworth's full-court game in the finals, but they are an excellent and very fun to watch half-court team, both offensively and defensively. Their overtime defeat of CPA in the semis was one of the best basketball games that I have seen in quite some time. Good luck to the LA Wildcats the rest of the way.

A couple of observations:

1. Ensworth is the real deal. Their inside/outside game is very good. I see them winning the D-II state again this year.

2. The LA/CPA game was a good one. LA shot lights out. Several of their players were hitting NBA range threes in the game. CPA could have put the game away at the line toward the end of the game, but they didn't and LA took advantage. Congrats to LA for the win.

3. I thought that Brentwood played Ensworth really well for 3 quarters and even had a 5-6 point lead midway through the second half. Then Ensworth turned up the pressure and Brentwood fell apart at the end.

4. I was expecting the CPA Brentwood game to be close, but Brentwood was never in it. I saw that their big center was hurt and did not play. Is he expected back this year?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic