JOSHUA PLEASANT-BRENTWOOD ACADEMY

pattonboysdad

joshua pleasant was the offensive MVP for the west team in the Toyota all star game on saturday...i was there and he was impressive on the day with 8 or 9 catches for nearly 150 yards...from the folks i talked to he is also impressive in his character and in the class room...

here is my question...

how can a guy who gets offensive MVP in the all star game never even start on offense for his high school team...brentwood academy??? i don't even think he played offense for BA...this may be a first! and my guess is him not playing on offense has really hurt his chances to be recruited...

and did not even start on defense until the last few games in the season...

i'm a blackman guy...so i don't have a dog in this hunt...but alot of folks were having this discussion after the game as we mingled on the field and we were all wondering what in the world was going on at Brentwood Academy this year???

is this a mistake by the head coach?

is there something else going on that no one knows about?

just seems a little confusing??? :?:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joshua pleasant was the offensive MVP for the west team in the Toyota all star game on saturday...i was there and he was impressive on the day with 8 or 9 catches for nearly 150 yards...from the folks i talked to he is also impressive in his character and in the class room...

here is my question...

how can a guy who gets offensive MVP in the all star game never even start on offense for his high school team...brentwood academy??? i don't even think he played offense for BA...this may be a first! and my guess is him not playing on offense has really hurt his chances to be recruited...

and did not even start on defense until the last few games in the season...

i'm a blackman guy...so i don't have a dog in this hunt...but alot of folks were having this discussion after the game as we mingled on the field and we were all wondering what in the world was going on at Brentwood Academy this year???

is this a mistake by the head coach?

is there something else going on that no one knows about?

just seems a little confusing??? :?:

Agreed on all points PBD! Although I will say I have a dog in the hunt as I've know him for several years. I'm a Brentwood High parent that was at the game as well and it was clear that he could have helped any team in the state. I had a couple of knowledgeable parents from BA tell me that it was a mystery as to why his time was so limited by the staff there.

But in a game where some of the best players in the state were playing, he had a tremendous game. Props to Joshua! I wish him and his family nothing but the best!

Agreed on all points PBD! Although I will say I have a dog in the hunt as I've know him for several years. I'm a Brentwood High parent that was at the game as well and it was clear that he could have helped any team in the state. I had a couple of knowledgeable parents from BA tell me that it was a mystery as to why his time was so limited by the staff there.

But in a game where some of the best players in the state were playing, he had a tremendous game. Props to Joshua! I wish him and his family nothing but the best!

I know he returned kicks as a sophmore, returning two for touchdowns against Ravenwood alone. He was also used at receiver and running back. I have no idea why is offensive times was limited.

so are you the big OL's dad or killet's dad? both are really good players and if the OL's dad...our boy's did the tango several times during the reg. season game and in the all star game... :thumb:

well whatever it is...it sure does not make the head coach look to good...and it surely had to hurt not only joshua but also there team...

Edited by pattonboysdad

This post has a conspiracy theme to it. I'm sure Josh would have played offense if the coaches felt he should have. He is a tremendous athlete and I'm not surprised he did well in the game...but BA had many talented players who needed touches. I think Josh is VERY talented, but the knock on him was he was not reliable re: his assignments. Great young man and great family. That's just what I heard...

This post has a conspiracy theme to it. I'm sure Josh would have played offense if the coaches felt he should have. He is a tremendous athlete and I'm not surprised he did well in the game...but BA had many talented players who needed touches. I think Josh is VERY talented, but the knock on him was he was not reliable re: his assignments. Great young man and great family. That's just what I heard...

:roflol::roflol::roflol: conspiracy

if there is a conspiracy...it is coming from you...

sounds like the coach...i did not even know his name until you mentioned it...heard this was on here and sent out the wolves to discredit josh as either dumb or lazy...but neither hold water based on what i saw saturday...

so he can't learn the BA offense in 4 years...hahahahahaha!

but can learn the west TN all star offense in 3 days and out shine everyone!!!

and if you look at the highlights i found...from his freshman, soph and junior years on the varsity...seems like he knew his assignments then...

i just using logic here...so follow closely...

if BA had this much talent where joshua could not get on the field...then the coach ain't very good cause yall should have won the state title by 50 points...and you did not...

or...the coach does not want to look bad that he did not play the west MVP...so he gets his buds to get on here and make josh look bad...

old trick...and with a kid this talented and with his track record of making big playes at BA for 3 years...this trick don't fly !

Doct I'm hearing what you are hearing. Apparently coach Potter tried many tines to work Josh back into the offense but he never grasped it or never took the time to memorize it. I'm not sure which it but it's a shame we couldn't use him this season

either you are one of coach potter's guys helping to get the message out...

or...coach potter is making sure the right folks hear the "false" message so they will get on here and he won't look bad ...regardless...it's shameless!

remember michael jordan's coach cutting him in the 10th grade...he will live with that one for the rest of his life...coaches don't like that kind of legacy!