JOSHUA PLEASANT-BRENTWOOD ACADEMY

pattonboysdad

Talked to my source again....last offseason the coaches made the decision to move Josh to a new position on offense so that he could have more playing time and a starting spot. Josh got hurt right at the start of this season, and took much longer to cone back from that injury. He was out all of 2-a-days and the first few games of the season. While he was injuried, he would not be paying attention to the offense or the plays, and did not show much interest in it. When he came back he was miles behind the rest of the team in terms of knowing all the plays. He never busted his butt to learn the offense or really fought for his spot back. He would have be told to get some reps instead of trying to get back into his spot during practice. It really is a shame that it ended up working our like this, but after talking to some players it's clear that the coaches wanted Josh to regain his spot but he never reclaimed it. We could have really used him this year.

Ok.... I'm back. I'm disgusted with coaches who often times give us coaches a bad wrap! Will somebody please apologize to this Joshua for the ignorance shown in the way that he was handled this season. He's owed that!! Nike7, you said that he "never reclaimed his spot back". Say what! You are so inconsistent! You make it sound like this young man didn't want to play anymore. A D1 prospect of his caliber and from what I saw on the highlights. You suggesting that he loss all or much of his desire to complete anymore for a/his position... and that was at a position he was so good(MVP good) at as when he competed(slot-receiver) at the All-Star game! Either you are LYING or he shouldn't have made the All-Star team. Well... we know he made the All-Star team so you must be.....!!! You also said "he never reclaimed his spot back". Then the kid in front of him must have at least 10 D1 offers and could you please post his highlight video so I can watch him and see his greatness and start looking for him next year on TV on Saturdays. You also said "you could have really used him this year". No, you SHOULD have used him this year. "THEN, YOU PROBABLY WOULD HAVE WON THE STATE". The head coach make the decision on who to use. Bad, bad coaching. Stop taking up for such subpar coaching. For you to try to discredit this young man just to defend the coach makes me question your character as a man. Or are you a man? I'm not being funny....because if you are a woman, I apologize for calling you a man. I already question your football I.Q.... no, correction.. actually, it's not in question any more; I've concluded..YOU and YOUR SOURCE don't know much about football at all!!!... Also Nike7, not once have you questioned or challenged objectively this coach's ability to coach well, handle players properly, nurture(build up young men), put players in the best position to help the team succeed(all these things good coaches do) You have a lot of information before you! Either you are Coach Potter himself, one of his assistant coaches, the waterboy or you are just what we call people like you, a "puppet on a string"! Sorry. It is what it is! How can you be so bias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!...... I hear my hounds outside barking. Gotta go chase another rabbit......

Edited by countrytime

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have your mind made up on this situation, so there is no convincing you. I am simply telling you what I picked up watching every BA game this season, and what I have taken from talking to players and faculty members. I am so incredibly happy that Josh played so well in the all-star game, because I know him personally and he is a wonderful guy, and one of the more respected students at BA right now, not to mention he is a special player and deserves to play on the next level. However the key to what you said is that "in 3 days he pays attention in practice, he is eager to learn...works his tail off, fights for and recieves a starting position by coaches who did not know him personally but had observed him for a day and becomes the west offensive MVP."

He obviously came in willing to earn his spot and really paid attention and figured it out. However during the season he would spend more time talking to players on the sidelines than watching the offense and learning the plays. Also there were multiple practices that I attended this season where coach Potter would have to pull Josh off of the defensive scout team, so that he could take reps on offense. Josh constantly had to be told to take reps on offense instead of doing it on his own. I feel like after the majority of the season had past, and Josh had plenty of time to learn the offense, but never truly focused on the offensive side of the football, the coaches decided that it was the better decision to leave in Sutton, who was very productive when he was used.

I'm not trying to say that Josh is lazy because he is not, but he gave off the vibe of being inattentive, and unfocused throughout the season. Ba learned this year that being the most talented team on the field does not mean you will definitely win, it also takes intense preparation and attention to detail, if it was all about talent we would have won every game this season and would be this years state champs. The same goes for individual players. While Josh was likely more talented than Sutton, that did not make him the better option. Sutton was no chump, he could really play, he had the best hands on the team, he was a good perimeter blocker, and he always knew what he was suppose to do every play.

Did you just stoop so low as to bring "faculty members" in on the topic concerning this exceptionally gifted athlete? I can't even continue to have a reasonable discussion with you anymore. Boy, do you ever play dirty!!!!!!! Oh by the way; Teams with the best talent do go undefeated when coached Correctly!!!!!!!! BRENTWOOD ACADEMY SHOULD HAVE GONE UNDEFEATED THIS YEAR!!!........... I just saw my hounds chasing a deer! What!!! Gotta Go!!!!!!!!!!...............

Let's see.....Blackman B logo plus the Patton name, plus being boys dad equals "The dad of boys that attend/play at Blackman".

Dang I'm good. :thumb:

you are a very smart man mr. shakinthefat... :thumb:

i'll be back on to respond to the shameful last response by nike 7 when i have a little more time(aka coach potter...one of his assistants...or one of his family members... or one of his friends...or one of the big dollar parents who paid alot to get there son some playing time at BA)

Ok.... I'm back. I'm disgusted with coaches who often times give us coaches a bad wrap! Will somebody please apologize to this Joshua for the ignorance shown in the way that he was handled this season.

Were you a coach, you would understand that it is never a good idea to second-guess another coaching staff when you have no idea what transpired this year. Whatever the purpose of the original post on this topic, it has become clear that some seek simply to bash BA. Is the original criticism warranted? Frankly, I don't know, but having had a son compete against BA in several sports, including football, over the last few years, I doubt it. The BA coaching staffs that I have observed have been uniformly excellent. Is it appropriate to trash a well-respected coaching staff without knowing what really transpired? No, it is not. Congratulations to this fine student-athlete and best wishes to him in the future.

Were you a coach, you would understand that it is never a good idea to second-guess another coaching staff when you have no idea what transpired this year. Whatever the purpose of the original post on this topic, it has become clear that some seek simply to bash BA. Is the original criticism warranted? Frankly, I don't know, but having had a son compete against BA in several sports, including football, over the last few years, I doubt it. The BA coaching staffs that I have observed have been uniformly excellent. Is it appropriate to trash a well-respected coaching staff without knowing what really transpired? No, it is not. Congratulations to this fine student-athlete and best wishes to him in the future.

Redrobin, i am a coach. now are YOU a coach?

Also, i critique the HEAD coach, he holds all the power as Pattonboysdad has pointed out. And again, are YOU a coach?

From all that i've heard, BA is an excellent school. but you know as well as i do that sometimes it only takes a bad apple to spoil the whole batch..