McMinn Center wrestling coach opening

jonesstreamcast

I am writing on behalf of Allan Jones.

Mr. Jones spoke with Roger Freeman, principal of McMinn Central High School in Etowah, Tenn., who has asked for help in finding the school's next wrestling coach.

The school did not field a team this year due to a staffing issue, but Mr. Freeman is committed to getting the program going again. McMinn Central has had a wrestling team for a number of years and it’s a great program for a coach to take over.

The coaching position is contingent upon an academic teaching opening at the school. A candidate with collegiate wrestling experience is preferred.

Candidates may mail their resume to the McMinn County Board of Education at 216 North Jackson Street, Athens, TN 37303. Mr. Freeman may be reached at 423-263-5541

If they really wanted to keep the program going and sought out a coach they would have listed it in the summer and put up ads. Not tell the present Coach who is still at the school they would not have a team after the year had begun.

I suspect you are correct. I'd wager the principal and the AD both wanted to kill wrestling and for a time they succeeded. Some parent raised a stink and the anti wrestling duo are trying to cover their collective ####es. The AD should be replaced by one of the janitors. No reason for the students not to be wrestling this year.

I suspect you are correct. I'd wager the principal and the AD both wanted to kill wrestling and for a time they succeeded. Some parent raised a stink and the anti wrestling duo are trying to cover their collective ####es. The AD should be replaced by one of the janitors. No reason for the students not to be wrestling this year.

this seems to be a trend heading down 411 huh maj?

this seems to be a trend heading down 411 huh maj?

LOL. 411 does seem to be a sink hole when it comes to wrestling this year. Greenback struggling, Sequoyah can't seem to make up it's mind whether they have a program or not and it's hard to tell the difference in the years they field a team and the years they sit out, and of course McMinn central, once a fairly decent small school program on the rise, now a distant memory done in by an AD / b-ball coach and principal who would rather play with themselves and each other than lend a bit of support to their school's wrestling program.

I spoke with Principal Roger Freeman personally and I can assure you he wants to get wrestling going again at McMinn Central. He is not a wrestling expert and needs help finding the school’s next coach.

It’s important to keep this dialogue on track and not focus on rumor and speculation. The important thing here is helping the school restart this important program so that student athletes can benefit.

Ryan Harris

on behalf of Allan Jones

Also … apologies for the typo in the headline of this thread. It should be McMinn Central and not McMinn Center. Thank you.

You dont know how close your comments are. Heck a former janitor at the school was given the Auto teacher position then a spot as the Trans Director for entire County System.

The admin has taken away a year of competition from the young men and women at Central and most importantly the last year or opportunity for those Seniors.

To make it fair and just for not getting out and seeking a coach the School Board should hold a year of pay from both the Prin and AD for not following thru on their responsibilities.

Edited by PUMMELKING