LINCOLN COUNTYFALCONS

FALCON4

THIS IS FRUSTRATING TO ALL THE FANS THAT LC CAN NOT GET IT TOGETHER IN THE SMALL GAMES. IN MY OPINION, THERE IS NOT A GAME ON THEIR SCHEDULE THEY SHOULD HAVE LOST TO THIS POINT.

THIS TEAM IS YOUNG AND I AM NOT SURE THE COACHES ARE GETTING THEM READY TO PERFORM. THE COACHING STAFF DOES PLAY CONSERVATIVE THEY NEED TO LET THIS TEAM JUST PLAY!!! THIS TYPE OF PLAY IS KILLING THE VOLS AND TITANS. I BELIEVE THE FALCONS CAN MAKE A COME BACK BUT THESE COACHES NEED TO LIGHT A FIRE IN PRACTICE THE REST OF THE SEASON. I HOPE THERE ARE NOT ANY INTERIOR PROBLEMS ON THE TEAM THAT FANS ARE NOT AWARE OF THIS SYSTEM IS TOO BIG FOR THAT. WELL, LETS ENJOY THE RIDE AND FINISH BIG AT THE END. GO FALCONS!!!!

:confused:

[Edited by FALCON4 on 10-5-02 6:47A]

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaches can light a huge fire on the team during weekly practice, but the coaches can NOT play for the team on Friday nights. Yes, the game last night was disappointing for all Falcon fans, but it definitely was not at the fault of the coaches. In my opinion, not only were some bad calls made, but there were also some errors committed by the Falcon football players (not coaches). They are a young team that has massive room for growth.

This can not all be blamed on the players but everybody. This is a team loss. The coaches are not getting the right people in the game. I don't know why #11 is getting most carries. #28 is by far the better tail back. #11 need to quit dancing and run straight ahead. There is no way Cookville would have stopped #28 on the goal line on the 2 point conversion. #28 showed a lot of heart on the few carries he got.

Posted by Duckbutterbandit:

This can not all be blamed on the players but everybody. This is a team loss. The coaches are not getting the right people in the game. I don't know why #11 is getting most carries. #28 is by far the better tail back. #11 need to quit dancing and run straight ahead. There is no way Cookville would have stopped #28 on the goal line on the 2 point conversion. #28 showed a lot of heart on the few carries he got.

same as it was in the franklin game.why have a power back if your not gonna use him on the goal line?

The coaches are mainly at fault...last week against Oakland the Patriots came on strong with their passing and rushing game and ran over us, until the coaches made adjustments and we shut them down. If a team doesn't get better as the game progresses, then either the team has no talent (not the case here) or the coaches aren't doing the right things.

Cookeville ran roughshod over the left side of our defensive line all night long. That ain't the players' fault.

Posted by birdfan:

The coaches can light a huge fire on the team during weekly practice, but the coaches can NOT play for the team on Friday nights. Yes, the game last night was disappointing for all Falcon fans, but it definitely was not at the fault of the coaches. In my opinion, not only were some bad calls made, but there were also some errors committed by the Falcon football players (not coaches). They are a young team that has massive room for growth.

Well I am old native from Lincoln Co.! They have problems and it goes beyond the field and players!It is getting very polittically biased in Lincoln Co.!The best players are not on the field!I wish Coach Thompson would second think some of his lineups!But he is the coach not me-goodluck the rest of the way! ;)

Posted by falconfan94:

It is not the coaches fault. The play calling was not a problem! The coaches do not fumble the ball or drop a pass do they??? Nor do the coaches snap the ball over the QB's head. One of Robert Neyland's game maxim's says: The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. Well...Cookeville won didn't they???

So you're saying the Falcons don't have the talent required?

Yeah, some mistakes were made, but for every mistake you list as being the reason they lost I can show you probably two mistakes the coaches made, and we'll both be benefiting from hindsight...the players made mistakes against Oakland, but the coaching made up for it....coaching didn't make up for the mistakes last night.

Guest LCFalcons5n5

Yes they are a young team, however most of those Juniors played a lot last year. It's up to the coaches to get the team ready. They need to pass down the field, and get a fullback in there that can block somebody. They have a 166 lb soph fullback, that can't block anybody. I did hear that his dad helps the team out a lot though.

How many years are the players going to be blamed before we finally get rid of Lou ?

Guest LCFalcons5n5

In the games that the Falcons have lost, they have come out flat and not mentaly into the game. That is the coach's responsibilty to get them ready. You must be one of the coaches FalconFan94, because you are the only one praising Lou.

You can't pass in the flats all night long. Cookeville had slow DB's, so why not attack downfeild, instead of right in front of them ?

I see 2 or 3 on here running their mouths when we loose. Do you that are hee only to criticize have boys not getting yo play or in the past didnt get to play? I am asking this question not meaning to be rude but i hear alot of the same talk around town and its almost {i said almost know before you get upset] from dads whos sons are standing on the side. Hey i dont always agree with the calls either but you know whay i didnt always agree with te decisions when we won state 3 years.I guess what im trying to say as i have in the past,you negative people are only hurting the kids because they get on here and read this junk. Now im not kicking at you because you diaagee just wondering why i only see certain names on here when we lose. Again i dont mean to offend any of you im just puzzled when i get on here and read remarks that are unnecceasy. Ive said on here before if people where required to use their real names i believe it sure would slow down as far as neagative remarks. Come on guys how about something positive. I know the kids would appreciate it. Go BIG BLUE AND COACH THOMPSON. There are alot more of us behind you than against you.