The Butt Drag Taken to Court?

superdude

Have y’all heard about the trial that is being held in Cali for a wrestler accused of sexual battery because he performed a butt drag on a teammate during practice? Here is a link to the story if interested:

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2010/12/21/the-great-fresno-butt-drag-wrestling-trial-is-about-to-get-underway/

I’m just curious about the reactions to this issue. Should the move be deemed illegal? Should all moves that incorporate touching certain areas such as the butt, male organ (wont let me use the word that starts with a -p-), and/or testicles be deemed illegal? Are these moves essentially sexual harassment/battery? Should we not teach our wrestlers these moves (butt drag, one-on-two, ball and chain, etc)?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with a buttdrag or 2on1 or anyother legal move. It's illegal in some applications or executions. In this situation it wasn't a butt drag it was sodomy. Unfortunnatly it happened around wrestling but the choice to assault a teammate isn't restricted to one sport. This was just the sport it accured this time.

There's nothing wrong with a buttdrag or 2on1 or anyother legal move. It's illegal in some applications or executions. In this situation it wasn't a butt drag it was sodomy. Unfortunnatly it happened around wrestling but the choice to assault a teammate isn't restricted to one sport. This was just the sport it accured this time.

It reads to be more than "happened around wrestling". This kid's defense is that the coaches taught him to stick his finger in an orifice to complete the move. There is something really wrong here.

No, but as soon as I read her name, my stomach got upset, and I couldn't finish reading the article.

You should probably read the entire article....the author of the article is only making a reference to Nancy and Deford to come and report on the issue, they are not actually involved at all at this point. This really has nothing to do with the claim of illegal use of a digit.

You should probably read the entire article....the author of the article is only making a reference to Nancy and Deford to come and report on the issue, they are not actually involved at all at this point. This really has nothing to do with the claim of illegal use of a digit.

I did read it. I was kidding.

Really sounded to me, not to be during practice at all. And the act of a bully, not the use (or mis-use) of a wrestling move.