BGA people...

nrgrizzlies

Come on. You people remember it.

A couple of years ago. Your ex-QB decided on MTSU instead of Miami-Ohio. He since left there for TSU.

Since the academics are so demanding at TSU (cough, cough) - being such a young parent isn't going to hamper his time for football is it?

I think some you will remember this. The BGA people went on a rant badmouthing Rutherford County public school students, saying the athletes from that area were all taking remedial classes when they got to college and that all the girls in Rutherford County schools were pregnant or already had kids. Didn't that (false) statement turn out to be ironic???

As I was just reading about the linebacker from Blackman High signing with Princeton and thinking about how the list continues to grow of students and student-athletes from Rutherford County at Vanderbilt, Ivy League, service academy schools, etc. - I thought this would be the perfect time to revisit the false and outrageous statements made by people who supported BGA and see if they would like to revise their earlier comments?

A couple of years ago. Your ex-QB decided on MTSU instead of Miami-Ohio. He since left there for TSU.

Since the academics are so demanding at TSU (cough, cough) - being such a young parent isn't going to hamper his time for football is it?

I think some you will remember this. The BGA people went on a rant badmouthing Rutherford County public school students, saying the athletes from that area were all taking remedial classes when they got to college and that all the girls in Rutherford County schools were pregnant or already had kids. Didn't that (false) statement turn out to be ironic???

As I was just reading about the linebacker from Blackman High signing with Princeton and thinking about how the list continues to grow of students and student-athletes from Rutherford County at Vanderbilt, Ivy League, service academy schools, etc. - I thought this would be the perfect time to revisit the false and outrageous statements made by people who supported BGA and see if they would like to revise their earlier comments?

What are you really trying to say. Everyone make their decisions based on what is best for them and their family. Sometimes what seems to be a bone head decision by one person, is actually the best decision for them.

The QB you are referring to actually lives in Rutherford County and attended lavergne High school prior to attending BGA. I also live in Rutherford County and my boys attend BGA as well. Rutherford County has a good school system and it is up to each kid and family to make their own decision, and it is not your place to second guess anyone. We all have decisions and choices we make everyday that we think are the best at that time. So remember the next time you make a decision and it turns out to be not so good for you that someone else might think it was a better decision you should have made. Lets leave the kids alone and be glad that they are living their dreams. Support the kids and dont trash my school. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. God Bless you and have a great 2011.

While your holiday wishes are quite appreciated, the point of the original post has been missed 110%

People associated with BGA were very anxious to badmouth Rutherford County public school kids with false stereotypes in the Nashville newspaper's forum - this seems like the perfect time to see if they would like to reconsider their statements.

While your holiday wishes are quite appreciated, the point of the original post has been missed 110%

People associated with BGA were very anxious to badmouth Rutherford County public school kids with false stereotypes in the Nashville newspaper's forum - this seems like the perfect time to see if they would like to reconsider their statements.

People who post in newspaper forums defy all logic. 90+% of the time it's the idiotic, extremist and often just plain nutbags of society. Any type of logic and reason is usually defeated and most all are sucked into a vortex of anger and bitterness. If you judge a whole group of people by the majority of those posting after newspaper articles you're completely missing the boat and very likely not getting one typical or average person in the lot.

There's entertainment value and sometimes genuine nuggets of wisdom or at least thoughtful, reasonable arguments...but that's rare in my experience.

What I'm saying is that's a terrible way to judge a group of people.

Maybe the BGA folks will find a place at the end of the long line of the anti-DII braintrust waiting to reconsider the years of stereotypical merd heaped upon the large privates on these boards. Call us when number 300 is in the queue.

I thought this would be the perfect time to revisit the false and outrageous statements made by people who supported BGA and see if they would like to revise their earlier comments?

WOW....This comment was thought up and then typed on Coach T Christmas Day (530pm).

Couldn't wait till Dec. 26th.

Well PEACE ON EARTH and Peace on COACH T to you!!

Edited by shakinthefat

Nice attempts to deflect the topic from what the BGA people said in the Tennessean thread...one of them seemed to be a (possible former) assistant coach if I recall.

Other possible topics to deflect to:

The price of eggs in china.

What happened to the "where's the beef" lady?

Did Conan get a raw deal or is he better off with his new show?

Or the BGA people can show some HUEVOS for a change and admit what they said was pure B S

Edited by nrgrizzlies

Nice attempts to deflect the topic from what the BGA people said in the Tennessean thread...one of them seemed to be a (possible former) assistant coach if I recall.

Other possible topics to deflect to:

The price of eggs in china.

What happened to the "where's the beef" lady?

Did Conan get a raw deal or is he better off with his new show?

Or the BGA people can show some HUEVOS for a change and admit what they said was pure B S

I'm a BGA parent and I have never bashed anyone on this site. Sorry if you felt some other people did. Lets put this to rest and get ready for the New Year. Happy New Year.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't beleieve rational people from BGA will intentionally demean the student-athletes, faculty, or administration of a whole school system. What's the point? The guy had an ax to grind or some other agenda. Anyway, didn't BGA's head coach win a state championship at Oakland in 1998? Isn't Oakland in Rutherford County? People need to be civil. It's discouraging that people are losing the art of discourse. They are venomous in tone and speech no matter if they are discussing politics, religion, or high school football.