LHS head coaching position

hegotgame

Who are leading candidates to replace Bobby Brown as LHS (Lebanon) head coach. I have been out of the high school loop for quite a while, but feel like Coach Brown was given the exit a couple years too early. Anyone know who the candidates are? Bobby was a hard worker and a good man, but I guess the feeling was that the program needed a change. In order to validate the firing, they need to perform an adequate search and don't need to hire within the program or the county. Otherwise, it was all done in waste.

I don't think you have to go out of county to validate it. There are some great coaches in this county. And I don't think Coach Brown should of been fired. But what's done is done so now they need to hire the best guy they can get. My Paw Paw always said if you do it right you do it lite. I hope LHS does it right and gets a great young coach. There are some great ones that have applied.

Edited by Bulldog97

My Paw Paw always said if you do it right you do it lite. I hope LHS does it right and gets a great young coach. There are some great ones that have applied.

Your paw paw was a smart man. Hope you are right and they hire an adequate replacement, but doubt there are many folks willing to work as hard as BB. Will take a lot to impress or convince me. I will be skeptical until I see it.

You think they are looking for someone to be the players' best friend or someone to be a disciplinarian?

Pulled from a Wilson Post online story -- "Lebanon went a combined 78-102 under Dillard, Marshall and Brown over the last 17 seasons, 24 games under .500 -- a .433 winning percentage. None of the three coaches during that time frame had any head coaching experience prior to taking on the Lebanon job."

Just saying they should HEAVILY consider someone with head coaching experience. After three longtime assistants, Wilson County might look at going in another direction.

Pulled from a Wilson Post online story -- "Lebanon went a combined 78-102 under Dillard, Marshall and Brown over the last 17 seasons, 24 games under .500 -- a .433 winning percentage. None of the three coaches during that time frame had any head coaching experience prior to taking on the Lebanon job."

Just saying they should HEAVILY consider someone with head coaching experience. After three longtime assistants, Wilson County might look at going in another direction.

I agree Eddie. That was my point in saying that they need to hire (or at least look) outside the county in order to find a coach with the proper credentials.

I heard rumors of a guy from North Carolina and one from Kentucky both with HC experience. And also several assistants from Rutherford County and previous assistants with ties to LHS.

I wonder what the time table is? I think the kids probably need some direction at this point in the year. Is there an interim HC keeping them in line?

The guy from Kentucky has Lebanon High ties, he played at LHS before Medley got there and has been a winning HC in a Kentucky 6A program for the past 7 years. Retirement issues might keep him from getting involved more fully. Lawrence the OL coach and three other assistants as running the weight room. Of course, they've missed a full week with the snow. They're saying they will keep the job posted until it is filled.

I heard there was some coaches from the Boro region interested, but honestly don't see them coming due to money issues. Also, who says it can't be anybody from within the county? I don't think that it will be anybody from within the Lebanon program, but there are some extremely good coaches in that county especially from one school in particular. Just don't know if any are interested. Does anyone have any connections to the LHS program as to who the top canidates are????