Dyer Co vrs White Station

bballfan2

The cream of the crop is in Memphis. DC is a good team they just ran into a buzz saw today. Kind of like the Pats did against the Jets. It happens. Like Terop said, WS just had to much size. I would like to see DC vs Southwind.

I really think WS is the best team in Memphis.

I think the southwind DC matchup even worse than DC match up vs white station. Southwind has ten guys that r long athletic and they do a God job in sharing the basketball. Plus J3 is the best talent in Memphis. J3 = WOW for me.

I think the southwind DC matchup even worse than DC match up vs white station. Southwind has ten guys that r long athletic and they do a God job in sharing the basketball. Plus J3 is the best talent in Memphis. J3 = WOW for me.

J3 must have put on a show yesterday...I walked back into the forum just in time to see his game winner off the glass. Indeed he is a talent. Almost 6'9 that can do everything on the court. It seems every time I watch Southwind play though in person he always gets in foul trouble early and then dominates the 2nd half. Like I said earlier I missed mostly all the game, but J Stokes is a gamer for real. Sometimes while watching them play I think the coaches and team forget they have a 6'8 beast down low and he doesn't get enough touches....2 cents

Yes Stokes is a gamer, but his performance yesterday has to do with Southwind's D. He was constantly trapped and the Jags did a good job of keeping him off the board and made him go to the stripe to get most of points though he has to learn to be a better passer out of the trap though and defensively this is just the matchup problem J3 causes and is why when they play White Station, I don't think you'll see big Marvin for long stretches.

Dyer Co. (54) -- Bostic 3, Gross 2, Hubbs 12, Hudson 12, Kennedy 3, Taylor 3, Williamson 9, Yarbrough 10.

White Station (74) -- Tevin Gates 2, Andre Hollins 28, Nino Johnson 16, Devall Roby 4, Larry Spicer 4, Rodriguez Tucker 10, Marvin Williams 10.

Dyer Co. / 14 / 9 / 24 / 7 / -- / 54 /

White Station / 18 / 26 / 16 / 14 / -- / 74 /

Records -- Dyer Co. 19-2, White Station 17-3

21 points by Andre Hollins in the 2nd half

Yea Yankee that would be a great up and down game....Yank what do you think of J3? I think that NBA line confused DC a bit. They launched a couple from well behind the line...Do anyone know who were the leading scorers on both teams?

Right now today I think J3 has more upside than any kid in Memphis with the exception of Adonis Thomas.

You may be right about that NBA 3 line because I saw some bombs being launched deep....LOL

Alright, I made it back to the house.

Taking nothing away from DC, they're a good team with talented players. I agree they did run into a buzz saw today.

My previous post was a reply back to yankee where he said he thought that DC was a top 5 AAA team. I don't agree with that. I agree that White Station, Southwind, and Central are all in the top 5 along with Melrose. You've also got to remember about Bearden out in East TN. They're 17-1 right now as well.

You say you'd like to see DC v. Southwind. Don't you think DC would have problems with Southwinds size as well? I just think DC matches up badly with the better teams in Memphis. Even Central and Whitehaven, they wouldn't match up well with them. They all have the athletes DC has (unlike the other teams outside of Memphis that DC plays) and they also have alot more heigth. I'm not saying you're wrong about DC being a top 5 team, but I don't see it.

I can respect your opinion and always do.

I think people are blowing this loss way out of proportion just like the people that may have seen Stokes for the first times and were not impressed. I would like to see DC vs Southwind because I thik it would be a track meet up and down style game.

I know Beraden is 17 and 1 but what their selling I ain't buying. I'm not buying until someone from that area of the state steps up and does some serious post season damage and I just don't see that happening. Look at at team like Ridgeway, in somewhat of a rebuiling mode, and ask how they would be if the exact same team was in East TN...Ridgeway would probably be 17 and 1 too but in Memphis they will struggle this season.

I thought DC would be able to force the tempo and get WS into a track meet. That didn't happen. WS controlled the temp just like a senior laden team would be expected to do. The key for DC against the bigger teams in Memphis is to be able to force the tempo and get into a track meet. If this DC team can do that they can beat anybody, I really believe that. I think DC plyaed one good quarter the entire game.

WS took DC out behind the woodshed. It happnes. There are teams that has played WS alot closer than DC that aren't as good. I honestly think people are overstating the case on this one. WS is the better team but to stick a fork in DC and think they simply can't compete at a high level against high level teams woudl eb a big mistake. I would still go back to the lack of scheduling on the part of DC and say, in my mind at least,

that it really hurt them i this game.

I have been one of the top dog promoters of Memphis basketball every since I joind this place. It's everywhere. Last season I posted the Holiday tournamnet records of jusy about all the teams in Memphis and even went as far as to list the type of players they were going up against. When I said I thought DC could stack up I didn't just say hey DC is 17 and 1 or whatever so they can play with anybody....I came to that conclusion based on a lot of thought. This DC team is good but needs to be tougher.

Again, some were not impressed with DC and rightfully so. Some were also unimpressed with Jarnell Stokes even though he is one of the top 20 players in his class. Does that make Stokes less than the player everybody knows he is, of course not.

Last time, I think this loss is being blowed out of proportion. I really do.

I agree with about 80% of these post. Don`t know alot about the Memphis teams other than what I saw at the Forum. Guess I`m just not used to seeing much of the half court game, but I honestly didn`t see any D-1 majors there. WS may be the best team in M, but I can`t base that on the DC game as they were never challenged.

DC got beat because they didn`t hustle in the first half and they played a more than sloppy defensive game. My guess would be WS had 10-12 shots under the basket and 6-8 15 foot shots, all uncontested. DC will learn and recover from this. Good teams do.

GO CHOCTAWS !!

I typically don`t sugarcoat anything. DC did play badly and got manhandled because of it.

In response to your statement about being tougher, the problem DC has is that the officials in that region won`t let them play that style of ball. While I like that style of play as does DC, the refs control the games tighter by calling handchecks, chestbumps and that sort of thing continuously, not giving them a chance to play "tough". I do agree it`s makes a difference when you get into the Memphis area.

I agree with about 80% of these post. Don`t know alot about the Memphis teams other than what I saw at the Forum. Guess I`m just not used to seeing much of the half court game, but I honestly didn`t see any D-1 majors there. WS may be the best team in M, but I can`t base that on the DC game as they were never challenged.

DC got beat because they didn`t hustle in the first half and they played a more than sloppy defensive game. My guess would be WS had 10-12 shots under the basket and 6-8 15 foot shots, all uncontested. DC will learn and recover from this. Good teams do.

GO CHOCTAWS !!

were u at the same game? Dyer County got steamed rolled from the opening tip. Andre Hollies had his way with DC and he isn't a d-1 talent? I think tubby saw thing differently. Dyer County just isn't on that Memphis level. White Station, Central, Southwind, Melrose, East, Cragimont, and Ridgeway are better right now. Dyer County will host the region but Cragimont should be the favorite.

I typically don`t sugarcoat anything. DC did play badly and got manhandled because of it.

In response to your statement about being tougher, the problem DC has is that the officials in that region won`t let them play that style of ball. While I like that style of play as does DC, the refs control the games tighter by calling handchecks, chestbumps and that sort of thing continuously, not giving them a chance to play "tough". I do agree it`s makes a difference when you get into the Memphis area.

Man you really need to take those Orange glasses off.lol