Dyer Co vrs White Station

bballfan2

This will be a good learning game for DC. The DC pressure did give WS some problems in the 2nd half but the lack of size killed DC in my opinion. DC more or less got man handled. I still believe DC is at least one of the top 5 teams is AAA. No shame in losing to WS but the score...well, don't know the last time DC failed to break 60....they took some bad shots and had some bad turnovers after they got it down to 12. DC palyed well in spurts but basically stunk up the joint.

This is my 3rd time seeing WS this season. Ive been watching this program for years. Just going to stick with the Patino era. This,in my opinion, is the best team WS has fielded uner him..key word TEAM. They have size, good guard play, seniors, great chemistry and a Superstar in Hollins. I think White Station is the best team in the state. I thought DC had a shot and believe they still would if they meet again down the road but they have some things to work on they just got killed on the boards and I think the SR leadership of WS was HUGE in this game just like the two times they beat Melrose. This WS team plays great in the half court and runs when it needs to. Even though Hollins scores in bunches he doeesn't force things, in my opinion anyway.

If DC would have scheduled tougher and played in at least one BIG Holiday tournament it would have helped in a game like this. It's certainly no time to panic. These games happen...just look at Melrose thus far. DC is better than they played but simply not as good as White Station. White Station might just have a special team and season before all is said and done.

In my mind, and i'm sure some will disagree, White Station is clearly the best team in the city of Memphis. I like Southwind right behind them.

Well, I wanted to see dc win this and it didn't happen. White station controlled the game from the very first minute of the game. Dc made a good run in the third but it wasn't enough. I'm not sure I agree with you about dc being a top five aaa school, no offense. I do know that dc was the fourth best team in the forum today. Ill post more elaborating on that when I get home. I just don't think they're top five, most likely a top ten.

Well, I wanted to see dc win this and it didn't happen. White station controlled the game from the very first minute of the game. Dc made a good run in the third but it wasn't enough. I'm not sure I agree with you about dc being a top five aaa school, no offense. I do know that dc was the fourth best team in the forum today. Ill post more elaborating on that when I get home. I just don't think they're top five, most likely a top ten.

GC the teams you saw today are all great Memphis teams that can take state. They all have state championship size and skilled players...I think today DC got a real eye opener...Question because I left at halftime...Did Leron Black play at all in the second half??

The cream of the crop is in Memphis. DC is a good team they just ran into a buzz saw today. Kind of like the Pats did against the Jets. It happens. Like Terop said, WS just had to much size. I would like to see DC vs Southwind.

I really think WS is the best team in Memphis.

Yea Yankee that would be a great up and down game....Yank what do you think of J3? I think that NBA line confused DC a bit. They launched a couple from well behind the line...Do anyone know who were the leading scorers on both teams?

The cream of the crop is in Memphis. DC is a good team they just ran into a buzz saw today. Kind of like the Pats did against the Jets. It happens. Like Terop said, WS just had to much size. I would like to see DC vs Southwind.

I really think WS is the best team in Memphis.

Yank WS might be the best team in the M, but we both know on any given night Southwind, Central, WS, Melrose and even Whitehaven with its two solid players can cause fits for anyone....

Alright, I made it back to the house.

Taking nothing away from DC, they're a good team with talented players. I agree they did run into a buzz saw today.

My previous post was a reply back to yankee where he said he thought that DC was a top 5 AAA team. I don't agree with that. I agree that White Station, Southwind, and Central are all in the top 5 along with Melrose. You've also got to remember about Bearden out in East TN. They're 17-1 right now as well.

You say you'd like to see DC v. Southwind. Don't you think DC would have problems with Southwinds size as well? I just think DC matches up badly with the better teams in Memphis. Even Central and Whitehaven, they wouldn't match up well with them. They all have the athletes DC has (unlike the other teams outside of Memphis that DC plays) and they also have alot more heigth. I'm not saying you're wrong about DC being a top 5 team, but I don't see it.

Edited by GCPioneer

Let me step into the fray, I'm no lover of White Station, but they've hushed me up as a a critic for the most part, but I believe Southwind is the number 1 team. I just like their balance and the matchup problems they cost. Big Marvin simply will be out of place when these two teams meet up. KD Sullivan is thin, but has the attitude and they basically showed me today they can defend the paint as a team. Stokes and Clear could never find a groove. When Darious Paige is on point, this team is almost unstoppable and they were able to play outside of their own tempo and then force Central to speed up and the Warriors looked uncomfortable at times. Unlike last year this team isn't in love with the three, but until Leron gets 100 percent healthy I'll take Southwind over White Station anyday.

DC really didn't belong in this game.I was really impressed with ws.I also don't believe that DC can beat ws,Melrose, so.wind,and central.DC will have to fight just to host one of these teams in a substate game.I think they will have their hands full in their region playing against Bartlett, Cordova, Raleigh Egypt, and craigmont.I hear that craigmont is really good.on a side note.It was my first time seeing him,but was it just me that jarnell Stokes didn't look good at all.I mean he looked nothing like a 5 star and was bout the 4th best player on his team.I mean j3 just abused him tonight.

DC really didn't belong in this game.I was really impressed with ws.I also don't believe that DC can beat ws,Melrose, so.wind,and central.DC will have to fight just to host one of these teams in a substate game.I think they will have their hands full in their region playing against Bartlett, Cordova, Raleigh Egypt, and craigmont.I hear that craigmont is really good.on a side note.It was my first time seeing him,but was it just me that jarnell Stokes didn't look good at all.I mean he looked nothing like a 5 star and was bout the 4th best player on his team.I mean j3 just abused him tonight.

I agree with all of this. J3 is a baller for sure. Stokes has to be better than what we seen yesterday. Has to be.