G. P. West/Bruin Invitational

CoachBlair

Why did Hayden Jordan from Clarksville not wrestle in the finals against Michael Hooker ?

I wasnt there but if I had to guess Id say his knee was probably sore from a tough match in the semis where be defeated Birdwell from Cookeville, and decided that a match against a D-2 kid really wasnt an important match and not worth the risk of seriously hurting his knee a month before the state tourney. Just my guess.

Can't score any points if you're not entered in the tournament. I'm pretty sure they were at Hendersonville today.

Why would Beech not come to such a great tournament? I sure would of liked to see them here because they may have finished in the top 4.

Edited by armbar

Best Match: 125 Eric Feuerbacher (Blackman) vs. Alex Ward (McCallie), Feuerbacher wins in overtime 4-2.

Coach Blair

The actual score was 6-2 as Feuerbacher earned 2 Nearfall pts on the throw before time ran out, but it wasn't recorded. Video posted on my Facebook of the match if anyone is interested in watching. Ward is one tough kid! Held Feuerbacher down the entire 2nd period.

The actual score was 6-2 as Feuerbacher earned 2 Nearfall pts on the throw before time ran out, but it wasn't recorded. Video posted on my Facebook of the match if anyone is interested in watching. Ward is one tough kid! Held Feuerbacher down the entire 2nd period.

can i get a friend request coach? :hungry:

Jordan has missed a few matches this year due to an injury. Did he win until the finals and get hurt? That is the question. I hope he OK because he is a great wrestler; however, I have seen he has not wrestled some matches. What is going on?

He was wrestling in the finals, and the match was stopped for injury time when he was taken down and hurt his knee...not the one that had been giving him problems, but his other knee. I'm not sure how extensive the injury was, but either way, the coach made a good decision to stop the match. No point in putting the state tournament in jeopardy for a regular season tournament, especially against a D-2 kid. He had a great tournament up until that point.