District 9-A

CoffeeBreak

Big games this week, MTCS and Cascade playing for what could be the district. I've seen MTCS play and I believe they have the depth and pitching to beat carkuff and rippy. If it comes down to #3 and #4 pitchers, MTCS wins. Can't wait for the outcome.

Should be some good games this week. We have some depth also we just have not yet had to show it and hope to continue that trend.

David vs. Goliath today at Joe Baron Field on the lovely campus of MTCS. Cascade has won more district games than most of us can count (and several district titles to boot). The MTCS/Cascade games were great last year -- Cascade won a 2-1 nailbitter at MTCS and MTCS won 3-1 in Wartrace. I think that was just the second time MTCS had beaten Cascade in a whole lot of games.

This year -- Cascade has the same two starting pitchers they rode through the district last year. MTCS has new ones. If the defenses play well on both sides it should be a low-scoring game. If MTCS kicks it around like they have earlier this year it will be difficult for them to hang with Bassham's boys. Baserunning may prove to be the difference.

It's Pack-the-Park night at MTCS. Come on out and enjoy the game.

David vs. Goliath today at Joe Baron Field on the lovely campus of MTCS. Cascade has won more district games than most of us can count (and several district titles to boot). The MTCS/Cascade games were great last year -- Cascade won a 2-1 nailbitter at MTCS and MTCS won 3-1 in Wartrace. I think that was just the second time MTCS had beaten Cascade in a whole lot of games.

This year -- Cascade has the same two starting pitchers they rode through the district last year. MTCS has new ones. If the defenses play well on both sides it should be a low-scoring game. If MTCS kicks it around like they have earlier this year it will be difficult for them to hang with Bassham's boys. Baserunning may prove to be the difference.

It's Pack-the-Park night at MTCS. Come on out and enjoy the game.

Good Post. Can't wait.

Edited by Cascade10

Carkuff pitched well. Champs take advantage of 4 unearned runs and beat MTCS 4-1. Game today is at 4:00.

How is a bunt that was beat out for a basehit and a single over Short from Carkuff and then a rip by Klages to right center to clear the bases UNEARNED? Anyways looks like depth in pitching did not have to be tested again. Rippy will pitch a solid game tonight at home.

Edited by Cascade10
  • Upvote 1

How is a bunt that was beat out for a basehit and a single over Short from Carkuff and then rip by Klages to right center to clear the bases UNEARNED? Anyways looks like depth in pitching did not have to be tested again. Rippy will pitch a solid game tonight at home.

:thumb: THks for that observation, I was beginning to think we weren't at the same game..LOL.

How is a bunt that was beat out for a basehit and a single over Short from Carkuff and then rip by Klages to right center to clear the bases UNEARNED? Anyways looks like depth in pitching did not have to be tested again. Rippy will pitch a solid game tonight at home.

Perhaps you need to brush up on Baseball 101 or at least pay attention to the game.

Carkuff got the single over short in the 2nd inning which was followed by a walk. The next three batters K'd so you left 2 guys on base in the 2nd. In the 3rd -- the first guy reached on a dropped 3rd strike with a throwing error to first base -- he should have been out. Next guy executed a very nice sac bunt to move the runner to 2B. Next guy hit a fly ball to CF (runner still at 2B). During the next at-bat the runner advanced to 3rd and ultimately scored on a breaking ball in the dirt that the catcher couldn't handle (your choice wp or pb). Elmore walked that at-bat; Carkuff had an infield single (quick feet on that guy) and the 5-hole hitter put an 0-2 pitch into right CF that scored 2 runs. So the three runs scored in the 3rd were unearned.

In the 5th inning -- the lead-off hitter hit a fly ball to left field for out #1; the two-hole hitter was safe on what I scored as an infield hit (pitcher slipped and lost footing; he made the appropriate effort to make the play so no error). Next guy hits a ground ball that the 1B handles; Carkuff hits the ball on the left side and the ball goes off the 1B glove (throwing error to me -- perhaps you believe it to be a hit). Nevertheless, the runner scored only because the ball went passed the 1B and down the right foul-line -- otherwise the runner stops at 3B.

Cascade wins the game because they played better than MTCS. Neither team looked good offensively. Pitching was pretty good on both sides. MTCS made defensive mistakes and the Champs win.