District 9-A

CoffeeBreak

Champs take a nail biter from Forrest. Exciting game, GR8 team effort by the Champs!

4-3

We have to play better on defense. We made some big errors that got them back in the game. Big hit by Tapley puts champs up 2-0 then the rockets battle back in the 5th to take the lead 3 to 2. Elmore started the 5th off with a shot off of right field fence to allow courtesy runner tyler wilson to come on to run. Klages rips a shot to right to move Wilson to third and then in a attempt to pick off Klages at 1st, Wilson ties the game with a still to home. Jaylen Hamler works a walk in the 7th to get courtesy runner Nick Perry on, a perfect bunt by Reese moves perry to second and Edmonson does his job and singles to right for the win. Ryan Rippy came in the 5th and did not allow a run. I think Rippy is really hitting his spots right now. Great team effort.

Well, it took 10 innings but Eagleville squeaked one out against Community tonight 3-1. Both pitchers did a good job. Eagleville may have found their number two at least for now, he's pitched well in his last 3 games. Still hoping Hammonds will find his groove and Scott is just now getting over back spasms.

Looks like Forrest beat Cascade tonight keeping themselves in the running for the 2 seed with Eagleville and Moore Co. Eagleville and Moore Co. still have to face each other in 2 weeks will be a big series.

So on tie breakers if teams split and have the same run differential, tournament seeding I believe goes to a coin toss. Not sure that they use run differential anyway for district. Does that sound right?

Hats off to the Rockets they hit the ball hard, I think they had 4 or 5 HRs. I heard lots of complaints about the umpires but when you are hitting bombs like that, I think that takes the umpire out. Rippy pitch a good game. I notice when he was pulled it looked like he may have some arm issues which makes me wonder why we pitched him on Monday and Tuesday with the depth at pitching we have. When it was 5 to 5 in the 5th, I thought we should have went with Chase Lambert. But maybe we can use this as a learning and know we have some other pitchers beside the two we have pitched all year. We quit as a team lastnight after the homerun in the 6th. We still had 6 outs to play with but quit from the top to the bottom. Bad at bats and no effort in the field. We need to go and have a good weekend in the Lookout Valley Classic and come back ready for community and win the district.

Edited by Cascade10

District Games Remaining:

Cascade -- series with Community

Eagleville -- series with Moore County

Forrest -- series with MTCS then Community

Moore County -- Huntland (short road-trip for both teams) then Eagleville

MTCS -- Forrest then Huntland

Community -- Cascade then Forrest

Huntland -- Moore County then MTCS

Next two weeks determine who will ride a hot streak into the tourney. With the relatively close scores this year in many of the games it appears anything can happen on any given night.

District Games Remaining:

Cascade -- series with Community

Eagleville -- series with Moore County

Forrest -- series with MTCS then Community

Moore County -- Huntland (short road-trip for both teams) then Eagleville

MTCS -- Forrest then Huntland

Community -- Cascade then Forrest

Huntland -- Moore County then MTCS

Next two weeks determine who will ride a hot streak into the tourney. With the relatively close scores this year in many of the games it appears anything can happen on any given night.

I would agree with you, it doesn't seem that any of the teams have consistently put offense and defense together, although Cascade has been able to come out on top in several nailbiters. Unfortunately the tournament will be 7 teams this year instead of 8. That would likely mean the 1st seed will get the 3 and 7 seeds and the other bracket will have 2,4,5 and 6, assuming they match highest with lowest seeds. Also means 1st place will likely get an all important bye to save pitching. It could get interesting though because it will likely mean teams will see some pitchers they haven't seen and sometimes that causes fits for hitters as long as the pitcher is consistent.

I would agree with you, it doesn't seem that any of the teams have consistently put offense and defense together, although Cascade has been able to come out on top in several nailbiters. Unfortunately the tournament will be 7 teams this year instead of 8. That would likely mean the 1st seed will get the 3 and 7 seeds and the other bracket will have 2,4,5 and 6, assuming they match highest with lowest seeds. Also means 1st place will likely get an all important bye to save pitching. It could get interesting though because it will likely mean teams will see some pitchers they haven't seen and sometimes that causes fits for hitters as long as the pitcher is consistent.

Will the #1 seed get to host to tournament?

My sense is that when the better pitchers are pitching generally the hitters are overmatched. I haven't seen a solid hitting line-up from top to bottom. Most teams have a couple to a few guys that can hit but that's it. Put another way -- in years past I have seen guys that you clearly needed to pitch around; not sure I have seen anybody that you need to pitch around in the league this year. Not saying you want to live over the fat part of the plate just saying there's not a whole lot to fear on a consistent basis.

Community is young and they seem to swing it as well as anybody from top to bottom.