Brawl in Celina

midtensportsfan

According to fans from both places there were racial slurs and at one point the refs called both coaches together and warned their teams because tensions were high even on the floor. After the game #11 who has always been a great kid, Washington and #12 from RBS were victims of the slurs confronted two former Clay co. students and all heck erupted. Number 12 from RBS has problems pretty often and was reprimended in Macon co. tourney and some of the fans said he needed more disipline, but #11 always seem to be a good kid. Both coaches tried to settle everyone down but it took quite a while. RBS I know didn't play well and the score was one sided and resentment of the heckling probably caused this but players and fans have to have more control than this.

Are u black? im pretty sure your not cause think about this if some idiot is in crowd callin u names that is way over line are u gonna ignore it? Probably not. Im not black but if i was and somebody called me wat they called me and met me out on floor at end of game callin me those things are u gonna keep your cool? probably not but as im gonna keep on sayin it was clay countys fault and the refs fault everybody knew what was going on and im pretty sure the ppl from celina did but thats how they are they get away with everything. wat ever is said its always gonna be rbs fault but think about it and u can figure it out?

robs players are not always the most discipline bunch either. i remember one of the players got caught on school grounds with drugs and he never missed a game no punishment handed down or anything.

If the player was caught with drugs on school property then the school's zero tolerance policy should've been enforced causeing the student to be expelled; therefore making the player ineligible to participate in team sports.

"confronted" two former Clay co. students and all heck erupted.

Both coaches tried to settle everyone down but it took quite a while. RBS I know didn't play well and the score was one sided and resentment of the heckling probably caused this but players and fans have to have more control than this.

Confronted- really dude?? I think the word is assaulted!! It seemed to be premeditated too!! They each knew who they were going after!!

I was at the game and watched our student section and I know a couple things are true: 1.Our students were not on the court or even standing directly on the sidelines (like many other schools where we play)and 2. Our student section is on our side of the gym where it should be - not directly behind the visitor's bench like at RBS.

I didn't hear any racial slurs (not saying it didn't happen)....funny how everything suddenly becomes about race. RBS student section had a noose a few years ago when we played at their place, but we showed CLASS and didn't start a fight!!! Must've been before RBS had a black player on their team...just saying.

It's just really unfortunate this happened!!

I am actually curious about the game that was played. Didn't RBS beat Clay earlier in the season? Someone said RBS did not play well. Was that due to the snow days or because of Clay County? I had expected a better game. How important are #'s 11, 12 to RBS?

sounds like to me the HEAD COACH should be teaching dicipline. rather than worrying who is making MORE MONEY than him in the school system.

I am actually curious about the game that was played. Didn't RBS beat Clay earlier in the season? Someone said RBS did not play well. Was that due to the snow days or because of Clay County? I had expected a better game. How important are #'s 11, 12 to RBS?

Clay played man and let the man guarding RBS #50 roam the paint all night, mostly doubling down on #12. Clay was in control most of the game and Jordan Strong made a couple big threes to help Clay pull away before the benches were put in. #11 on RBS was running his mouth the whole game to players and fans alike. Talking to players I can live with, but when a player is talking to fans he has lost all composure and needs to be removed from the game by his coach or the refs. I really doubt this had anything to do with race and had everything to do with a lack of discipline.

TSSAA can most definitely get involved in this and do more than just suspend the players. Celina lost a years worth of home games a few years back when an unruly fan punched a ref outside of the gym after a game. I left before the fireworks but if they were as bad as has been stated here, it seems like grounds for suspending the program.

Some of you say the fans wre on the floor, dont you think the refs would have put them off the court. You want to say thats Celina for ya, what about the RBS and Macon Co. game now whose fault was that. Clay Co. has more African American kids than any school in this area so dont go there with the racial crap. #11 was clapping in one of our players face so dont act like you all had nothing to do with it. The refs were standing on the court when the fight took place just like 05 posted the incident several years ago was after the game was over and outside of the gym, we had to take punishment so you are not any different from Clay Co.

u guys are so crazy yea im sure celina fans was saying racist remarks considering they have a black boy on there team and there was 5 or 6 black boys in there cheering section.rbs was in the wrong.i mean u know there in the wrong when after the game rbs coach come to clays locker room and told clay boys sorry.i mean seriously everytime somethin comes up with black and white its always he is being racist not this time just some dirty trash talkin by white and blacks in clay student section...now lets go celebrate martin luther king jr day...

u guys are so crazy yea im sure celina fans was saying racist remarks considering they have a black boy on there team and there was 5 or 6 black boys in there cheering section.rbs was in the wrong.i mean u know there in the wrong when after the game rbs coach come to clays locker room and told clay boys sorry.i mean seriously everytime somethin comes up with black and white its always he is being racist not this time just some dirty trash talkin by white and blacks in clay student section...now lets go celebrate martin luther king jr day...

Great post 03backer!!!

I heard the players in question have been kicked off the team which is what should have been done. The RBS players started the fight by going into the stands (which i hear they probably regret because of the beating they got) so they should be kicked off the team and never allowed to play high school sports again!

is it just rumor or is it truth that the players accused of being involved (11 and 12) were kicked off the team?