Baylor vs. McCallie

WhiskerBisquit88

Tennessee's biggest dual match begins next Friday, and it is sure to be battle. The McCallie Blue Tornado's will be taking on the Baylor Red Raiders at Baylor. It's always an interesting match. Its the only tie all for the rest of the year that you will see so much blood and guts all over the mat. Here are my predictions for the match:

103- Connell dec. Holloway m3

112- Elsea maj dec. Eady m4

119- Brunner pins Boyd b6

125- Watson maj dec. Ward b4

130- Bennet "Sticks" Reece dec. Westbrooks b3

135- Kent dec. Manley m6

140- Stuart "The Tank" Doster pins Cobb b6

145- Hooker pins Standifer m6

152- Cate dec. McClure b3

160- Duncan pins Craig m6

171- Martino pins Bowdine m6

189- Anderson win by forfeit m6

215- Cook dec Starns m3

HWT- Mackey pins Youngblood b6

McCallie: 40 Baylor: 28

103- Adam Connell dec. Cole Holloway 3-0 M

112- John Eady dec. Alex Elsea 3-3

119- Brandon Bunner Fall Boyd 9-3 B

125- Zach Watson maj. dec. Alex Ward 13-3 B

130- Reece dec. Tim Westbrooks 16-3 B

135- Alex Manley Fall Alex Kent 22-3

140- Stuart Doster maj dec Cory Cobb 26-3

145- Michael Hooker Fall Popp 26-9 B

152- Matthew Cate dec. Daniel McClure 29-9 B

160- TJ DUNCAN Fall Spencer Craig 29-15 B

171- Chase Martino Fall Matt Bodine 29-21 B

189- Jake Anderson Forfeit/Fall vs. ??? 29-27 B

215- Bryan Starnes dec. Casey Cook 32-27 B

285- John Mackey Fall Tye Youngblood 38-27 B

BAYLOR 38 MCCALLIE 27

Key Matches: 112 Elsea v. Eady, 130 Westbrooks v. Reece

Edited by theCATinTHEhat

Watching rankings all year and results from tourneys it looks like neither Baylor or mccallie have a true 189 lber this year

Rumor has it that the school behind walmart is bringing out nic bullard to wrestle at 189 in this dual, the kid hasnt wrestled all year.

103 Connell pin Holloway

112 Elsea Dec Eady

119 Brunner pin Boyd

125 Ward dec Watson

12-6 Boys in Blue

130 Reece dec Westbrook

135 Manley Fall Kent

140 Doster maj. dec Cobb

145 Hooker Dec Popp

19-18 Tights no longer

152 Cate dec McClure

160 Duncan pin Craig

171 Martino Pin Bodine

189 Bullard maj. dec Anderson

30-26 Boys in Blue

215 Cook dec Starnes

285 Mackey dec Youngblood

Final: McCallie 33 Baylor 29

Rumor has it that the school behind walmart is bringing out nic bullard to wrestle at 189 in this dual, the kid hasnt wrestled all year.

103 Connell pin Holloway

112 Elsea Dec Eady

119 Brunner pin Boyd

125 Ward dec Watson

12-6 Boys in Blue

130 Reece dec Westbrook

135 Manley Fall Kent

140 Doster maj. dec Cobb

145 Hooker Dec Popp

19-18 Tights no longer

152 Cate dec McClure

160 Duncan pin Craig

171 Martino Pin Bodine

30-26 Boys in Blue

215 Cook dec Starnes

I understand predictions are just opinions, but I must ask what makes you think those outcomes will happen at 125 and 145? Zach Watson defeated Landon Reed (Heritage) by a score of 11-0 in the McCallie Invitational, and Landon Reed pinned Alex Ward in the 2nd period. Despite them both having state titles under their belt respectfully, Zach is simply at a different level than Alex at this point in their careers. Then Michael Hooker comes in this being his 4th time to compete in this dual meet, and not to mention he's the best pinner in the state. Popp is a young talent, but lacks the inexperience in big time matches and against big time opponents. I don't see there being any way Popp avoids the fall here.

Edited by theCATinTHEhat

103 Connell pin Holloway

112 Elsea Dec Eady

119 Brunner pin Boyd

125 Ward dec Watson

12-6 Boys in Blue

130 Reece dec Westbrook

135 Manley Fall Kent

140 Doster maj. dec Cobb

145 Hooker Dec Popp

19-18 Tights no longer

152 Cate dec McClure

160 Duncan pin Craig

171 Martino Pin Bodine

30-26 Boys in Blue

215 Cook dec Starnes

Without much study 103, 125, and 285 sure seem aggressive for the Blue team.

Edited by mtnrasslin

Alright, I am usually not one to do this. However, I would bet my entire years paycheck that Ward does not defeat Zach Watson. Alex Ward is a good wrestler, no doubt, but Zach Watson is on a different level then almost every wrestler in Tennessee. Ward was defeated by Feuerbacher, who is also a great wrestler but has some losses to quality wrestlers as well. However, I do not see any wrestler at 119, or 125 in the state defeating Zach Watson, I don't think he could handle Austin Woods or Campbell Lewis though, but that is an opinion, he could definitely hang with them even beat them, but I don't see it happening. I will guarantee that Mr. Ward does not defeat Zach Watson unless he was to catch him and pin him, and after watching Mr. Watson wrestle over the years, he does not make very many of those.

Good luck to all, should be a great match! :thumb:

PRT iii :flower:

Edited by PRTiii

I was reading in the Blount Today that TJ Satterfield is unbeaten this year at 40-0 and transfered back home to wrestle for his dad at William Blount I was just wondering how the great wrestling minds think. Would he be a difference maker if he was still at McCallie? Would he be THE difference maker?

I was reading in the Blount Today that TJ Satterfield is unbeaten this year at 40-0 and transfered back home to wrestle for his dad at William Blount I was just wondering how the great wrestling minds think. Would he be a difference maker if he was still at McCallie? Would he be THE difference maker?

Great to hear that about TJ. He's a good kid. I think it goes without saying that if McCallie wouldn't have lost Satterfield, Clements, and Prevost all to transfers this year they would be the clear cut favorites in this match. On the flip side, Baylor did lose state champion David Helton due to football commitments with Duke. Should be a real close one again this year!