Riverdale wins in Overtime 74-72

PHargis

Riverdale came from behind at one point by 16 to win over Memphis Central, who gave the Warriors all that they had this afternoon. While Barbee had 23 to lead the Warriors, she was helped by Middleton with 18. I have no other scoring but it appears Central has put themselves back in the running with the group of schools in contention for the State Tournament Championship at the end of the season.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale came from behind at one point by 16 to win over Memphis Central, who gave the Warriors all that they had this afternoon. While Barbee had 23 to lead the Warriors, she was helped by Middleton with 18. I have no other scoring but it appears Central has put themselves back in the running with the group of schools in contention for the State Tournament Championship at the end of the season.

Went down to watch this game this evening, the lady Warriors from Memphis did play and give Riverdale all they wanted for 3+ quarters, the M'Boro lady Warriors done one thing, they never gave up or waivered from their play. This should be a lesson to all schools, being down by 15 at the half, they came back and chipped away and won it in OT with clutch play and hitting Free throws. Good game to watch

Went down to watch this game this evening, the lady Warriors from Memphis did play and give Riverdale all they wanted for 3+ quarters, the M'Boro lady Warriors done one thing, they never gave up or waivered from their play. This should be a lesson to all schools, being down by 15 at the half, they came back and chipped away and won it in OT with clutch play and hitting Free throws. Good game to watch

While I gave scoring of two RD players, scoring 74 points had to have numerous other players help. Anyone having the scoring for RD and Central might post them on this site. This must have been a terrific game.

While I gave scoring of two RD players, scoring 74 points had to have numerous other players help. Anyone having the scoring for RD and Central might post them on this site. This must have been a terrific game.

What is going on with Wilson Central, they are obviously a great team and last time I looked were ranked high yet they have an 11-8 record????

What is going on with Memphis Central, they are obviously a great team and last time I looked were ranked high yet they have an 11-8 record????

Sorry meant Memphis Central

To their defense and maybe not, MC has played a schedule with a lot of schools out of State and many have not known how to rank them and still don't. It has been obvious they are better than average and have some great players. The intangibles have been the unknown. Eight losses are 8 losses but they mean nothing at the end of the year when one loss puts you out. It would appear that they are in the running for the 8 schools who will be in the running for the STATE but they first have to get out of Region 8 and the substate . There is no doubt they have some great players but they will have to take care of business as far as losing with a 16 point lead at half and being outscored so badly the last quarter. Depth is likely something they have not been able to work on with the schedule and 8 losses. That's a lot of traveling. They are where they are and are in the mix. No other school in the State has come this close in beating Riverdale. There are other schools in the State that will be able to play them as close as Riverdale did. They have already surfaced.

This fact is obvious. Central's top two players, it has been posted, are juniors. With their method of zoning, their freshman class is likely the best in Memphis it has been thought. What is there is there. That is good and hopefully will stay that way. The school will be good for some time. The rest of the schools in Memphis can do some make up as far as talent the next few years. Getting out of Memphis will be harder the next two three years.

Riverdale High School Individual Player Statistics

Player Points

0 Jessica Azor 3

24 Shacobia Barbee 23

23 Ashley Henry 8

34 Olivia Jones 8

33 Alexa Middleton 18

20 Tyisha Petty 12

25 Toyree Watkins 2

Memphis Central High School Individual Player Statistics

Player Points

Danielle Ballard 15

Darianne Butler 2

Nina Davis 16

Jalen O'Bannon 7

Aaliyah Whiteside 16

Tia Wooten 16

What is going on with Memphis Central, they are obviously a great team and last time I looked were ranked high yet they have an 11-8 record????

Well, hotshot, I'll tell ya...nothing. Of the 19 games they have played this year, 11 of them are against top 400 teams in the country. They have beaten #40 Chicago Young, #145 San Jose Mitty, and #396 Oakland O'Dowd. They have lost to #1 Brea Olinda,CA/#2 Poly,CA/#5 Bolingbrook,IL/#7 Riverdale/#8 Potter's House,FL/#12 St. Mary's,CA/#16 N.Little Rock/#106 Monarch,CO. That is a brutal slate. After that kind of competition they will be more than ready for the TN playoffs. Don't worry about Central. They will be hanging around till the state title when they play Riverdale again.....