9-AAA

BallparkHotdog

Too bad most teams are too chicken to post scores for this district... lots of good talent to be proud of. Coming across the river this week. SC vs. WC.

Where is the talent you speak of?? This district is as down talent wise as it has been since the early 80's

Portland played two last night against Hendersonville. Both games could have went either way. Name of the game was errors, too many on both sides. Unfortunately, Portland committed more and it cost them both games. They lost the first one 6-3, and the second one went extra innings and they lost 12-11. In the second game Cody Rettich was pitching a great game and was pulled with 2 innings to go, should have been enough with a 10-4 lead, but, errors and walks cost them. I can say, since since I don't have a kid on the team yet, lol, and it wouldn't matter if I did, that I love the fact that Coach Parker is playing Seniors, Juniors, etc. The best 9 play it appears. Ive heard of some schools in the district, where the Sophomores don't even get a chance. That's a shame. Now yes if you have two equal players I would give the nod to the more senior, but that would be the only way. I haven't seen too many high school games this year and don't know everyone's strategy but, is it a new fad for a team to fake bunt and slap hit 12 batters in a row like Hendersonville did last night. Never seen anything like it.....well that's not true, 4 years ago in a district all star game a team from either Pleasant View or Adams, bunted 12 kids in a row....kinda the same thing, lol. It did get Hendersonville 4 runs though, lol. So I guess what ever works, lol. Kids played with heart on both sides and that was quite refreshing, I love players that have heart and are committed, and both sides did have that.

Where is the talent you speak of?? This district is as down talent wise as it has been since the early 80's

This statement influenced b/c your team is not very good? In an earlier prediction post, you stated that MJ would be at top and no one else would be close? That's incorrect again, Gallatin was beating MJ 7-0 before the rain, Lebanon beat MJ. Maybe you should do more research on this district before throwing kids that have worked their tails off trying to get better under the bus.

This statement influenced b/c your team is not very good? In an earlier prediction post, you stated that MJ would be at top and no one else would be close? That's incorrect again, Gallatin was beating MJ 7-0 before the rain, Lebanon beat MJ. Maybe you should do more research on this district before throwing kids that have worked their tails off trying to get better under the bus.

Thanks for the backup, Baller... the district has changed quite a bit since your 80's. Smell the roses, talent is more spread out instead on your side.

Thanks for the backup, Baller... the district has changed quite a bit since your 80's. Smell the roses, talent is more spread out instead on your side.

I happen to think the district is a little weak, but we won't really know until we see how 9AAA teams do in post season. It will be interesting to see how many D1 signees come out of the district. Everyone wants to think their district is the best in the state when their team is having a good year. I see it on this board in all sports. The proof is in the post season. The same thing happened this year in 9AAA basketball. Daddy's got riled up when i said the district was down, then we went 0-4 in the first round of the region. I hope I'm wrong, I hope someone from 9AAA wins the state.

I happen to think the district is a little weak, but we won't really know until we see how 9AAA teams do in post season. It will be interesting to see how many D1 signees come out of the district. Everyone wants to think their district is the best in the state when their team is having a good year. I see it on this board in all sports. The proof is in the post season. The same thing happened this year in 9AAA basketball. Daddy's got riled up when i said the district was down, then we went 0-4 in the first round of the region. I hope I'm wrong, I hope someone from 9AAA wins the state.

Agree with the post season perception, and I do see a lot less D1 coming out this year. Last year may have been weird with the numbers that came out of MJ and Hansen from Beech. This years jr. class may swing that back next year.

Gallatin 2-1 over Hendersonville last night. Game two tonight at Gallatin. Anyone know the Lebanon vs. Wilson Central score or the Station Camp vs. Mt. Juliet game?

MJ 4-0 over station camp , Kyle Smith threw a no hitter

WC 12-9 over Lebanon

Great pitching wins by both teams. Smith threw no hitter on Tues as MJ beat SC 4-0 and Haeberlee threw last night as SC beat MJ 3-1.

Lee Haeberle... MJ was fundamentally sound all night moving runners into scoring position, but good "D" shut them down. SC rallied top of 7 with a run on a bomb to the wall, which was well played and caught, runner tags, scores... yet there's always those "mouths" that make sure everybody hears them and yet they continue to downgrade the once ELITE mj program. Lost a lot of respect this week, true MJ fans should be ashamed.