AA State Tournament

Jack Bauer

Forget the polls, who goes to the AA state tournament?

Regions 1 & 2

Elizabethton

Chuckey-Doak

Pigeon Forge

Regions 3 & 4

Livingston Acad.

McMinn Central

Upperman

Cannon County

Polk Co.

Regions 5 & 6

Macon Co.

Westmoreland

David Lipscomb

Lewis Co.

CPA

Regions 7 & 8

Liberty

Obion Co.

Dyersburg

McNairy Central

Memphis Manassas

Only two from each section can go. Rankings are only for show. Two sections have 8 of the "top 10" teams in the state. I may have left some contenders out. Who is going to Murfreesboro?

Edited by Jack Bauer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow the difference I'd the mid-east and west sectionals vs the other two is staggering

westview and gibson co would easily move on to m'boro from the east or midwest sections and we can't even get mentioned in top 5 in west shows how tuff the west is

and the cumberland region looks the same way

don't forget bolivar out west here and dark horse is covington

and don't count out westview and gibson co's tourney experience

wow the difference I'd the mid-east and west sectionals vs the other two is staggering

westview and gibson co would easily move on to m'boro from the east or midwest sections and we can't even get mentioned in top 5 in west shows how tuff the west is

and the cumberland region looks the same way

don't forget bolivar out west here and dark horse is covington

and don't count out westview and gibson co's tourney experience

I believe there is a lot more parity throughout the state in AA than there has been in a while. Unlike the last couple of years, I believe there are a number of teams that have a chance to make it and even win state. While I appreciate the storied past of teams from the west, I think it may be a little overzealous to proclaim "Westview and Gibson Co would easily move on to M'boro from the East or Midwest." My two cents...

• 4 weeks later...

AA State Predictions:

Elizabethton

South Greene

Livingston Academy

McMinn Central

David Lipscomb

CPA

McNairy Central

Obion Co.

What do you think? This is just a guess...the way the brackets fell, some good teams don't have a chance to make it to the Sub-State level.

I think you are all over it with these picks. IMO The only changes may be with Liberty or Macon getting in. I think out of the last four on your list, Obion is a lock. Elizabethton should be safe as well. I am sure L.A. and McMinn Central just hope the other one doesn't slip up and they meet in the substate.

JWCardwin, take a look at the Region 7AA tournament. Both Obion Co. and Liberty can not make it to state. They're in the same bracket in region play. Only one of them could atleast secure a substate birth. Their side of the bracket is Obion Co., Liberty, Westview and Bolivar. The other side of the bracket has Gibson Co., McNairy, Lexington and Dyersburg. I believe this will wind up being Gibson Co. v. Dyersburg in the region semi's. McNairy has been a hot team lately, but I think Dyersburg's KayKay Tate and the athleticism will overcome McNairy. McNairy is very well coached, so I would not be surprised if McNairy does win. Whoever comes from this 7AA tournament will definately be prepared for a run in Murfreesboro.

On a side note, what AA teams from Memphis look to be frontrunners from their regions?

Edited by GCPioneer

JWCardwin, take a look at the Region 7AA tournament. Both Obion Co. and Liberty can not make it to state. They're in the same bracket in region play. Only one of them could atleast secure a substate birth. Their side of the bracket is Obion Co., Liberty, Westview and Bolivar. The other side of the bracket has Gibson Co., McNairy, Lexington and Dyersburg. I believe this will wind up being Gibson Co. v. Dyersburg in the region semi's. McNairy has been a hot team lately, but I think Dyersburg's KayKay Tate and the athleticism will overcome McNairy. McNairy is very well coached, so I would not be surprised if McNairy does win. Whoever comes from this 7AA tournament will definately be prepared for a run in Murfreesboro.

On a side note, what AA teams from Memphis look to be frontrunners from their regions?

You are right Pioneer, I did not look at the bracket correctly.

I'll take a shot in the dark....

Sub-State

•  
  • Elizabethton over CAK
  • Pigeon Forge over Chuckey-Doak

•  
  • McMinn over Upperman
  • Livingston over Polk

Don't know enough about the other sections to guess.

Uppperman or Livingston will be eliminated in the region cause they are in the same bracket, Im agreeing LA over Polk But I have Cannon beating Mcminn Central again. Good luck to all!!!

Forget the polls, who goes to the AA state tournament?

Regions 1 & 2

Elizabethton

Chuckey-Doak

Pigeon Forge

Regions 3 & 4

Livingston Acad.

McMinn Central

Upperman

Cannon County

Polk Co.

Regions 5 & 6

Macon Co.

Westmoreland

David Lipscomb

Lewis Co.

CPA

Regions 7 & 8

Liberty

Obion Co.

Dyersburg

McNairy Central

Memphis Manassas

Only two from each section can go. Rankings are only for show. Two sections have 8 of the "top 10" teams in the state. I may have left some contenders out. Who is going to Murfreesboro?

You left a very very good Waverly team that is 25-6 and has won 16 of their last 17 games. Lost 5 games with their top player out the whole first half of the year. They will win region 6.

You left a very very good Waverly team that is 25-6 and has won 16 of their last 17 games. Lost 5 games with their top player out the whole first half of the year. They will win region 6.

We played Waverly back in a camp at UTM before the season. They were very good then and looked to have a promising season ahead of them. They had some good talent.

I'll take a shot in the dark....

Sub-State

•  
  • Elizabethton over CAK
  • Pigeon Forge over Chuckey-Doak

•  
  • McMinn over Upperman
  • Livingston over Polk

Don't know enough about the other sections to guess.

Well this is obviously way too early of a prediction: Chuckey Doak is finished. Out first round of regionals. Elizabethton put them out tonight. Other side of bracket for regionals is SG and Greeneville, Elizabethton and Grainger County. Grainger most likely will be out of it Monday and it's a toss up between SG and Greeneville