AA State Tournament

Jack Bauer

Well this is obviously way too early of a prediction: Chuckey Doak is finished. Out first round of regionals. Elizabethton put them out tonight. Other side of bracket for regionals is SG and Greeneville, Elizabethton and Grainger County. Grainger most likely will be out of it Monday and it's a toss up between SG and Greeneville

Don't know much about Grainger but someone told john holsclaw that they matched up pretty good with the cyclones.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is obviously way too early of a prediction: Chuckey Doak is finished. Out first round of regionals. Elizabethton put them out tonight. Other side of bracket for regionals is SG and Greeneville, Elizabethton and Grainger County. Grainger most likely will be out of it Monday and it's a toss up between SG and Greeneville

Don't know much about Grainger but someone told john holsclaw that they matched up pretty good with the cyclones.

Uppperman or Livingston will be eliminated in the region cause they are in the same bracket, Im agreeing LA over Polk But I have Cannon beating Mcminn Central again. Good luck to all!!!

Where would this potential match-up be played? McMinn Central is really tough at the "Roundhouse". Does Cannon County have the depth and guard play to win on the road?

Where would this potential match-up be played? McMinn Central is really tough at the "Roundhouse". Does Cannon County have the depth and guard play to win on the road?

Cannon Co. playing at home beat McMinn Central during the regular season. Cannon's guard play is excellent and not an issue and they have a good bench. I believe Cannon, Livingston, or Upperman could beat McMinn on the road at the Roundhouse but it would be a tough row to hoe. I would imagine that any of the Region 4AA teams would much much rather host their sectional game.

I will give it a shot before the dreaded Regional semi-final elimination games are played:

Elizabethton

South Greene

McMinn Central

Livingston Academy (Could just as easily be Upperman...I rate it a toss-up)

CPA

Waverly Central ( Could be Lipscomb, Goodpasture coach's health situation is the major concern here)

Obion County

McNairy Central

Edited by coachh17

I will give it a shot before the dreaded Regional semi-final elimination games are played:

Elizabethton

South Greene

McMinn Co.

Livingston Academy (Could just as easily be Upperman...I rate it a toss-up)

CPA

Waverly Central ( Could be Lipscomb, the coach's health situation is the major concern here)

Obion County

McNairy Central

I know it's just a typo but I am assuming you meant McMinn Central lol....

Does Lipscomb's coach also have a health problem?!?

If McMinn makes it to the Boro and plays like they did against GC in the finals, they will be tough to handle. I noticed LA is also undefeated in their district as well. Going to be a good state. Region 7 AA is tough as well. Any 4 left GC, McNairy, Liberty and Obion will be a tough opponent in the Boro if the Middle and Eastern teams don't have their A game on.

I know it's just a typo but I am assuming you meant McMinn Central lol....

Does Lipscomb's coach also have a health problem?!?

Sorry about the typo. I fixed it. I assume Lipscomb's coach is fine. I just think the situation with Goodpasture's coach had to be very unsettling for everyone there and I hope that he recovers. That has to impact the players on both teams and will be on their minds for awhile.

Uppperman or Livingston will be eliminated in the region cause they are in the same bracket, Im agreeing LA over Polk But I have Cannon beating Mcminn Central again. Good luck to all!!!

You're assuming Polk County makes it that far. Personally, I think they will lose to East Hamilton in the Region semi's.

If Cannon Co. and McMinn Central play again, Cannon Co. won't beat them this time.......in my opinion

Cannon Co. playing at home beat McMinn Central during the regular season. Cannon's guard play is excellent and not an issue and they have a good bench. I believe Cannon, Livingston, or Upperman could beat McMinn on the road at the Roundhouse but it would be a tough row to hoe. I would imagine that any of the Region 4AA teams would much much rather host their sectional game.

Well, in reality anyone could beat anyone else......so that's not a very convincing statement you made. Going to the Roundhouse and actually winning might be slightly tougher than you think.

Cannon Co. is undoubtedly a very good, well-coached team.....but I think Central's bench is a little deeper with experience. Plus, their freshman guard is light years better now than she was at the first of the season when Cannon beat them.

Regardless, there are many teams capable of winning once you hit sub-state. I look forward to watching it play out.

Well, in reality anyone could beat anyone else......so that's not a very convincing statement you made. Going to the Roundhouse and actually winning might be slightly tougher than you think.

Cannon Co. is undoubtedly a very good, well-coached team.....but I think Central's bench is a little deeper with experience. Plus, their freshman guard is light years better now than she was at the first of the season when Cannon beat them.

Regardless, there are many teams capable of winning once you hit sub-state. I look forward to watching it play out.

Perhaps you misunderstood or I didn't do a good job of communicating the meaning of my post. I wasn't making any predictions or trying to convince anyone of anything. I didn't mean to imply that I thought Cannon is a better team than McMinn. In no way do I underestimate the effort that it would take to beat McMinn at their place. I've been there. I'm just saying it's possible that McMinn could lose but whatever visiting team plays there will be the underdog and at a major disadvantage.

Perhaps you misunderstood or I didn't do a good job of communicating the meaning of my post. I wasn't making any predictions or trying to convince anyone of anything. I didn't mean to imply that I thought Cannon is a better team than McMinn. In no way do I underestimate the effort that it would take to beat McMinn at their place. I've been there. I'm just saying it's possible that McMinn could lose but whatever visiting team plays there will be the underdog and at a major disadvantage.

Oh, I agree with you.......no team is invincible and be beat anywhere if they don't bring their best game. One of the biggest reasons I think it would be harder for Cannon Co. to beat McMinn Central than any other team is due to the fact that they did beat them earlier - giving the Chargerettes their only loss on the season.

And, as I mentioned earlier, once you get to sub-state, every team playing had best not have an off night.....or they'll be watching in the state tournament.

BTW, I know Coach Dodgen's Dad, Donald, and played against him in high school. Great family!