Tri-County Seven

coachh17

I think the example you are using here is somewhat misleading. Regardless of what happened in the cases you are referring to above, that was a totally different dynamic as EHS was in the same conference with SH, DB, etc. during that time. Also, it's a total over simplification of the situation to claim that EHS didn't play SH this year because Dugger "always dodges the better teams." EHS scheduled Greeneville, South Greene and CAK this year for the express reason of strengthening the schedule by playing quality teams. We have played and beaten Tennessee High twice this year as well. I wish we would have played SH at HV instead of South. Regarding the GHS vs SH game, as I stated before, I don't think it's fair to assume an outcome between two teams that haven't played based solely on the scores against a common opponent. However, to imply screenandroll is looking at it through EHS eyes may be a little hypocritical. First, I don't think he/she is an EHS fan. Secondly, I'm quite sure your opinion on the subject is looking through SH eyes. I happen to share his/her opinion that EHS would beat the SH girls 8 of 10 times, but as you say, we will never know. Obviously, I'm looking at it through EHS eyes as well, but objectively I think superior guard play, more experience (4 srs & 1 jr starting) and superior defense gives EHS the edge in this matchup more often than not. I know SH can shoot, but EHS has some offensive fire power as well. Just my opinion - it's as good as anyone's I suppose.

What do you think we have on s hill team [4srs 3 that start] and our post players match up with anyone around here.If anyone knows Len please sk him why he change teams at Happy Valley.I was told by some people i trust that he ask it be changed.But to the real point i hope both teams goes deep in post season and pulling for Eliz to bring home the GOLD.And i dont thing eliz @ s hill will play untill the boys agree to it its really hard just 2 play one game 9 out of 10 games both teams play heck they play in football why dont basketball Edited by jeffs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please go back and look .Yes eliz was playing football that night BUT still ask 2 not play the hill they still played that friday the football team plyed.And to think eliz would beat them 8 out 10 times your looking through them eliz eyes, We played our worse game against greenville 2 of 22 3 point land down 13 2 and still won .WE go there friday so lets see what happens then. But just like in Duggers old days with the boys he Always dodged the good teams .Best of luck 2 the elizabethton team hope they win the GOLD BALL

Please go back and read. That mistake was corrected by victory. I know Elizabethton played that night, I had thought they played West on Sat but was corrected. I believe you can only look at the outcome to determine a comparison. To say we played bad, shot bad, etc. Is only subjective. Maybe Greeneville felt they didn't play well by blowing a big lead. You're only as good as you preform that night. Each team thinks they can or should have done better. We can only go on results. We might be able to tell a little more after Friday, but we'll really never know. Like you I wish both teams well in post season. As for looking through Elizabethton eyes I try only to look through basketball eyes. Just try to relate what I see and again it's all just my opinion.

What do you think we have on s hill team [4srs 3 that start] and our post players match up with anyone around here.If anyone knows Len please sk him why he change teams at Happy Valley.I was told by some people i trust that he ask it be changed.But to the real point i hope both teams goes deep in post season and pulling for Eliz to bring home the GOLD.And i dont thing eliz @ s hill will play untill the boys agree to it its really hard just 2 play one game 9 out of 10 games both teams play heck they play in football why dont basketball

Didn't know the entire makeup of your team but was pretty sure you have at least a 1 freshman starter and a couple of freshmen contributors. Regardless, I agree it would be nice to schedule each other, but I don't see it happening until the boys are willing. A HOC game would be the way to go - maybe next year. I appreciate the well wishes regarding the GOLD. I'd love for the Lady Cyclones to bring it home. I absolutely hope that at least one 1A and 3A team from the area makes it to the Boro. I think Hampton and North Greene have the best chances in 1A. I think SH and THS have the best chances in 3A. I always pull for other NET teams during post-season unless they are playing the Cyclones. Good luck the rest of the way.

Edited by etownsparky

Didn't know the entire makeup of your team but was pretty sure you have at least a 1 freshman starter and a couple of freshmen contributors. Regardless, I agree it would be nice to schedule each other, but I don't see it happening until the boys are willing. A HOC game would be the way to go - maybe next year. I appreciate the well wishes regarding the GOLD. I'd love for the Lady Cyclones to bring it home. I absolutely hope that at least one 1A and 3A team from the area makes it to the Boro. I think Hampton and North Greene have the best chances in 1A. I think SH and THS have the best chances in 3A. I always pull for other NET teams during post-season unless they are playing the Cyclones. Good luck the rest of the way.

will anyone be broadcasting the game tonight for Elizabethton and South Greene? If so...what station?

Lady Cyclones defeated South Greene tonight 57-43 at home on senior night. SG played the normal intense style that you would expect, but EHS matched their intensity and pulled away at the end. Congrats to the four seniors on a great run so far.

were"s the dis@region at this year for the girls?

Sorry, I know it's too late now, but I just saw the message. WBEJ (1240 AM) did broadcast the games tonight.

Thanks anyway. I did a little "googling" and found the radio station, but I couldn't get it to come in on my radio...bloomin' mountains. Anyway, I found out how the games went. Congrats to Betsy. I figured they would come out on top, though I couldn't help but hope for a win for the Lady Rebels. Good Luck in your District Tourney and we'll probably see you at the Regionals..lol.

EHS finished the district schedule undefeated tonight with a win over Sullivan North. One more regular season game left - tomorrow at CAK. This promises to be a much tougher game than when the Lady Warriors visited Etown a few weeks back.

Congrats to the Lady Bulldogs as they pulled out a close one tonight over the Lady Highlanders in Roan Mountain.

The Lady Cyclones went down tonight 57-60 at the hands of the CAK Lady Warriors. First, let me say congrats to CAK on the win. The players, coaches, administrators and fans are first class. The Lady Warriors outplayed the Lady Cyclones tonight and deserved to win. The Lady Cyclones struggled shooting FTs and missed way too many chippies. Didn't play very good defense and rebounded poorly as well. Appeared to play not to lose rather than to win in the second half. Hopefully, EHS will learn from this experience heading into the tournament. If not, they will not reach their goal of making it to M'boro.