The CPA and David Lipscomb rivalry

Sportsqueen

In the girls game, when they introduced the starting Lipscomb girls - did they announce how long they had attended Lipscomb like they did at the boys game? I have never seen that before.

It was Senior Night at David Lipscomb. For the boys, they only announced how long they had attended DL for the 4 starting Seniors - 2 since Kindergarten, 1 since 1st grade and 1 since he moved to Tennessee in 8th grade. (The other Junior starter has been there since 1st grade.)

The girls team has no seniors on the team, so there was not a similar announcement.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. No answer.

What another great atmosphere tonight for high school basketball. Packed gym. Two great student bodies who did not sit down the entire game. The game was not pretty but as all CPA - DL games, it was hard fought. Give credit to DL for not giving up after only scoring 1 point in the first quarter. These two teams should play at least one more time and maybe two so get ready for round lll.

The girls played really good and there defense was on! Should be an easy win Monday night and then on to districts. Pearl can play this year so there will be six teams competing. The hard road is ahead of this team. Can they endure with the teams to come? It will be exciting!

The girls played really good and there defense was on! Should be an easy win Monday night and then on to districts. Pearl can play this year so there will be six teams competing. The hard road is ahead of this team. Can they endure with the teams to come? It will be exciting!

I could be wrong, but I think the only 2 teams banned from postseason play this year are Maplewood and Stratford (because of last year's fight). So there are 7 teams playing in the District Tournament, which begins quarterfinal action on Tuesday night.

Because of this year's altercation, Maplewood is banned from the postseason again next year. Not sure about Pearl. Tennessean said Maplewood is on "restrictive" probation and Pearl just on "probation." Not that I would put much stock in anything the Tennessean said...

Should be a great tournament...

I could be wrong, but I think the only 2 teams banned from postseason play this year are Maplewood and Stratford (because of last year's fight). So there are 7 teams playing in the District Tournament, which begins quarterfinal action on Tuesday night.

Because of this year's altercation, Maplewood is banned from the postseason again next year. Not sure about Pearl. Tennessean said Maplewood is on "restrictive" probation and Pearl just on "probation." Not that I would put much stock in anything the Tennessean said...

I was very surprised to see Hume Fogg beat David Lipscomb. Did you see the game?

So with seven teams, does the 1st seeded team get a bye to the district semi-finals? #7 at #2, #6 at #3 and #5 at #4 in the quarterfinals?

Thank you, mean't to type seven and my typing was faster than the brain. Boy, what a tough loss to HF! CPA blew them out the first game but had trouble the second game. A different team showed up for game two. Looking forward to the seeing DL again!

I was very surprised to see Hume Fogg beat David Lipscomb. Did you see the game?

So with seven teams, does the 1st seeded team get a bye to the district semi-finals? #7 at #2, #6 at #3 and #5 at #4 in the quarterfinals?

You have described the tournament seeding as I understand it. Not sure if White's Creek or Hume Fogg gets the number 3 seed. So tomorrow night's games are: #2 Lipscomb hosts #7 Pearl Cohn; #3 Hume Fogg/White's Creek hosts #6 East Lit; #4 Hume Fogg/White's Creek hosts #5 MLK; #1 CPA gets a bye.

I did see the DL/Hume Fogg game. Very disappointing from my perspective. Not to take anything at all away from HF - they played a great game, especially Gooch. But, as jacked as DL was for the CPA game, they were equally flat for Hume Fogg (at least from my point of view). It was just one of those bad losses that you forget about and move on. Hopefully, they will.

Thank you, mean't to type seven and my typing was faster than the brain. Boy, what a tough loss to HF! CPA blew them out the first game but had trouble the second game. A different team showed up for game two. Looking forward to the seeing DL again!

Glad to help.

Yeah, bad loss by DL to Hume Fogg. Hopefully they will put it behind them and play like they know they can tomorrow night vs Pearl Cohn.

A pinned topic always stays at the top of page 1. It takes a moderator or maybe even the "T-man" himself to pin a topic. Usually pinned topics are announcements. And it has nothing to do with going steady or Valentine's Day! :rolleyes:

HaHa, so I guess it's a good thing to be pinned. DL/CPA is newsworthy! Exciting games ahead.