Players to Watch in West Tn.

baseballnut86

We always hear from East and Middle Tn. and there players to watch lets hear from the west...

Matt batey from dresden is the best high school hitter I have seen in a long time(21 bombs last year; not a single K); potts and crouse from greenfield. not sure bout the jackson private schools but i am sure they have some studs as well. the gant kid from riverside is one of the best pitchers in the state.

Matt batey from dresden is the best high school hitter I have seen in a long time(21 bombs last year; not a single K); potts and crouse from greenfield. not sure bout the jackson private schools but i am sure they have some studs as well. the gant kid from riverside is one of the best pitchers in the state.

Beaty is by far the best HS hitter I've seen in west Tn in the past 20 years, the two kids from Greenfield are also very good and the Gant kid is amazing. I would also add the big Coleman kid from Milan, he can hit, play D and pitch. Finally the Dienhart kid at Gibson Co is awesome at 3rd, not a great stick though.

No way a class A kid can be called the best hitter in 20 years. The pitching in class A and the size of the

fields boost stats. Many fields are 300 or less down the lines and only 350 or less center. I think your can take a great hitter in class A move him to good AAA team and he becomes about average. Much better pitching and 310 ft home runs become fly ball outs. Take the kid from Jax Northside last year move him to Dresden. He could hit 40+ home runs on the small fields vs A pitching.

No way a class A kid can be called the best hitter in 20 years. The pitching in class A and the size of the

fields boost stats. Many fields are 300 or less down the lines and only 350 or less center. I think your can take a great hitter in class A move him to good AAA team and he becomes about average. Much better pitching and 310 ft home runs become fly ball outs. Take the kid from Jax Northside last year move him to Dresden. He could hit 40+ home runs on the small fields vs A pitching.

have you seen this kid play? single a or not i dont think the kid from northside went the whole year without striking out. he plays on a very elite summer team in west tennessee and dominates on that team as well. You put him in any class and he dominates. You also probably did not know he was intentionally walked at least 25 times and still hit twenty homeruns. The kid hit a bomb at union city in center field which is 400 feet in center(probably 450 feet) as a freshman. He cant help he plays at a small school. ask any coach in west tennessee and see what they say about him. you sir are mistaken.

Matt Beatty is certainly one of the best players in West Tn. , signed early with Belmont . Russ Henderson ,Lexington and of course Stephan Gant of Riverside, like Beatty were all state last year. Noah Chandler at JCS signed with Lipscomb. Jake Overbey of USJ with Ole Miss. Dalton Potts, Greenfield with UT Martin ,J T Alexander of North Side with Union. Nick Newell signed with Dyersburg State I think . Trevor Haggard with MTSU. Those are just the ones that have already signed could be many more . Crouse, Jr., from Greenfield , Ryne Fisher- Riverside , Tyler Warbritton- Huntingdon, Hampton of Clarksburg , Singleton at West Carroll , Powell , both Colemans , and Anderson from Milan , plus several players from the Adamsville team that made the state tournament last year. I am sure i have left many talented players out . West Tn. is loaded with quality players , as always.

We played summer ball with Matt Beaty last year. All of our tournaments were on college fields and he was still hitting homeruns and shots in the gap. I saw on his mom's facebook page that they went to Arizona to a homerun contest over the Christmas break that he did well in. Beatty, Russ Henderson (Lexington), Ryne Bivens (riverside), Dalton Potts (Greenfield), Taylor Douglas (Camden), Miles Anderson (Milan), Micheal Purcell (Waverly), Andrew Fiddler (Lexington) all played together last summer. All of them are very solid players and I expect all of them to play somewhere at the next level.