state tournaments

lockedhands

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this true and if so why?

It is my understanding that the TSSAA is "taking over" the hospitality are for the coaches and officials. I do know for a fact that the Williamson County schools are not running it again like we did last year.

My understanding is that it will basically be snack type food and beverages (not the BCB kind)

But hey, Blair got soft serve :thumb:

Edited by FHScoachT

Straight from TSSAA instructions:

Inclement Weather

In the event that a participating school does not have the opportunity to practice due to the inclement weather

on Thursday, we will not be granting a weight allowance to the participants.

Hospitality Room

There is a large meeting room that will be used for weigh-ins. At the conclusion of the weigh-ins, this room will

be used as a hospitality room for coaches and officials. You will need your wristband for admission into the hospitality

room. TSSAA will provide drinks and some snacks for coaches in this area. Meals will not be served. Please plan

accordingly as this is a change from previous years.

Concessions/Food Brought Into the Arena

Concession stands will be available. Teams and spectators will also be able to bring coolers into the facility.

Parents wishing to deliver food to participants will have to pay admission in order to gain access to the arena.

Edited by barbwire

TSSAA gets the entire venue completely free of charge for 2 weekends and they cannot find enough money in their budget to buy a few pizzas for the coaches and officials!?!?!?

Williamson County parents did an outstanding job with last year's food. C'mon, not feeding the officials and coaches is cheap,and adds fuel to the fire to hold this event somewhere else in the future.

I wonder what kind of % of concessions goes to TSSAA? TSSAA can buy a lot of pizzas for very little $$$.

TSSAA gets the entire venue completely free of charge for 2 weekends and they cannot find enough money in their budget to buy a few pizzas for the coaches and officials!?!?!?

Williamson County parents did an outstanding job with last year's food. C'mon, not feeding the officials and coaches is cheap,and adds fuel to the fire to hold this event somewhere else in the future.

I wonder what kind of % of concessions goes to TSSAA? TSSAA can buy a lot of pizzas for very little $$$.

Would changing venues change the TSSAA's new attitude of not providing a hospitality room in the exact way that they are at this cow palace?

Texas23 said "Would changing venues change the TSSAA's new attitude of not providing a hospitality room in the exact way that they are at this cow palace?"

You are correct, what I should have more clearly stated was that the voices and opinions of coaches and officials carry more weight with TSSAA than any number of parents/fans.

Did the coaches not pay for this service every year? It has never cost TSSAA any money has it? Seemed like I remember SD made good money off of the hospitality room. So why would TSSAA get involved with this? Why would Williamson Co give this up?

Good point here. At know other tournament that I've been to throughout our state are the coaches required to pay a fee for the hospitality room. Didn't understand it at our state tournament before now, and definitely wouldn't understand it if it's going to be required this year.

I'll touch on a couple of points here

-Williamson Co schools did not "give this up." As Coach Blair has previously pointed out, this is the TSSAA's tournament, we are simply the laborers.

-All the schools did a really good job last year. I do not know how Soddy structured their room at UTC, but the fee charged here was mainly to cover the cost of the room. To my knowledge, not one of the schools made any money off of the admission price last year.

-At other tournaments in our state, a hospitality room is provided by the host school as a perk, not a requirement. Money is made off of those tournaments from entry fees, so of course there isn't a fee for their hospitality room.