state tournaments

lockedhands

No doubt Wilco schools did a great job hosting the hospitality room last year, best at the state when you compare what was offered in chattanooga. The coaches did have to pay for the meals, so its kind of strange that the T$$AA would butt in and take control of this and I also agree that coaches and refs will probably not be as thrilled this year about what the T$$AA sets out for the coaches and refs to munch on.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To cover the cost of the room? So Tssaa does not pay a penny for this place and "the willamson co schools

" had to pay for the room in this building to provide for officials and coaches?

By "cost of the room." he means cost of food and supplies to stock the room. Some items were donated, but others had to be purchased. Williamson County Schools didn't make a significant profit off of this.

The Ag Center keeps 100% of all concession sales. TSSAA and Williamson County Schools get nothing from concessions.

The decision to not have the traditional hospitality room came largely from not being allowed access to the kitchen area, which is not apart of the Ag Center, but controlled by UTK extension offices. This made it too challenging to run the hospitality room the way our parents wanted to run it. TSSAA decided to take this off of Williamson County and handle it themselves.

I ate out of the concession stand a couple times last year. It was reasonably priced and the food was good. When compared to purchasing a $20 hospitality pass that might not get used for every meal, it works out to about the same as a coach would pay for concessions. Plus, isn't it a great thing to know that I can bring in any food I want to eat on my own?

Coach Blair

Not only do the referees recieve excellent pay for the Dual State and Individual State but they also recieve free hotel rooms and a per diem allowance for food everyday as well. If I were them I'd pocket the cash and make me some PB&J's and shove em in a cooler!

Seriously! the pay is not that excellent- and if the rooms were not covered they would lose money. It is more of an honor to be selected than a money thing.

It is ridiculous there is no Hospitality room- No Excuse

Edited by WRESTLERX

By "cost of the room." he means cost of food and supplies to stock the room. Some items were donated, but others had to be purchased. Williamson County Schools didn't make a significant profit off of this.

The Ag Center keeps 100% of all concession sales. TSSAA and Williamson County Schools get nothing from concessions.

The decision to not have the traditional hospitality room came largely from not being allowed access to the kitchen area, which is not apart of the Ag Center, but controlled by UTK extension offices. This made it too challenging to run the hospitality room the way our parents wanted to run it. TSSAA decided to take this off of Williamson County and handle it themselves.

I ate out of the concession stand a couple times last year. It was reasonably priced and the food was good. When compared to purchasing a $20 hospitality pass that might not get used for every meal, it works out to about the same as a coach would pay for concessions. Plus, isn't it a great thing to know that I can bring in any food I want to eat on my own?

Coach Blair

So do you think losing the hospitality room is a good thing? Does this mean no hospitality room for the traditional state tournament too?

So do you think losing the hospitality room is a good thing? Does this mean no hospitality room for the traditional state tournament too?

There is a large meeting room that will be used for weigh-ins. At the conclusion of the weigh-ins, this room will

be used as a hospitality room for coaches and officials. You will need your wristband for admission into the hospitality

room. TSSAA will provide drinks and some snacks for coaches in this area. Meals will not be served. Please plan

accordingly as this is a change from previous years.

If it's such an honor do it for free

ANY TIME YOU WOULD LIKE TO STEP UP AND TAKE THE TEST, ATTEND ALL THE MEETINGS, PUT UP WITH ALL THE GARBAGE- YOU LET ME KNOW- I WILL GIVE YOU MY WHISTLE AND WRIST BAND- IT WAS NOT ABOUT OFFICIALS- IT WAS ABOUT THE HOSPITALITY ROOM- WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO BETTER THE SPORT? YEAH WHAT I THOUGHT NOTHING