Lewis County VS Perry County (FINALLY)

imaviking

Guest checkerboard

Bottom line...Lewis County has better football players, better coaches, better fan support, the visitor's bench isn't in the infield, and tonight they have homefield advantage. I know that Perry County believes it can pass all over the Lewis County secondary but I think it will be hard to find a receiver when your QB is running for his life. You guys haven't seen pressure! I wonder aloud how many interceptions will be returned for touchdowns against Perry County tonight...I'll say the over / under is 2. It's going to be ugly, boys...REAL UGLY. You boys will be singing a different tune about 10 O'clock tonight about Lewis County. If you're like the middle school, you'll be squealing "cheaters!" all the way back to Linden.

The Linden Middle School came to town confident...they left town with their tails between their legs. They didn't even stay to eat pizza after the game! The scouting report was... "stop their 15 year old running back from running sweeps and you'll shut them down." We did and WE DID. LMS got a little cute and tried to run their big man up the middle instead of putting him on the line where he belongs. That's what you get for letting the parents run the program!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 Why is it so hard to stay on the subject Checkerboard. The subject is the game not the visitors bench location or the middle school game or the pizza or the parents. It seems to me the subject was the game between the PCHS AND LCHS. NO ONE WILL KNOW WHO WILL WIN OR WHO WILL NOT SO WHY ALL THESE NEGITIVE THINGS ABOUT PERRY COUNTY. WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU? THE COACHES AND PLAYERS WILL DO WHAT THEY CAN AND NO BAD WORDS ARE NEEDED FOR THE GAME. I LIVE IN PERRY COUNTY AND I CAN SAY I HAVE NOT HEARD 1 BAD THING ABOUT LEWIS COUNTY BUT GO BACK AND LOOK AT THESE MESSAGES. HOW MANY THINGS HAS LEWIS COUNTY SAID ABOUT PERRY COUNTY? WHATS THE DEAL? THESE ARE KIDS AND THEY PLAY A SPORT. GROW UP AND SEE THAT WHO EVER WINS THATS FINE AND WHO EVER WINS THATS FINE. ITS A GAME FOR ALL THE ENJOY NOT FIGHT OVER!!!!!

Guest checkerboard

#1 Why is it so hard to stay on the subject Checkerboard.

---As is usually the case in rivlarys, the game itself is only a portion of the elements involved in creating that rivalry---

The subject is the game not the visitors bench location

---trying to say that Perry County is not as committed to football as is Lewis County---

or the middle school game ---

Middle schoolers grow up to be high schoolers---

or the pizza ---

trying to say that Perry County fans are sore losers---

or the parents ---

you already know about this if you're from Perry County, although it is less of an issue in basketball...

It seems to me the subject was the game between the PCHS AND LCHS. NO ONE WILL KNOW WHO WILL WIN OR WHO WILL NOT ...

Lewis County 41 Perry County 0...

SO WHY ALL THESE NEGITIVE THINGS ABOUT PERRY COUNTY.

---Negative? Honest, maybe, but show me where I was negative.---

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU? ---

Nothing, but this whole issue was started by Perry County fans or players talking smack on this message board.

--- THE COACHES AND PLAYERS WILL DO WHAT THEY CAN AND NO BAD WORDS ARE NEEDED FOR THE GAME.

---Bad words? I simply pointed out why I believed Lewis County would roll on Perry County. I look pretty prophetic now, don't I?

--- I LIVE IN PERRY COUNTY AND I CAN SAY I HAVE NOT HEARD 1 BAD THING ABOUT LEWIS COUNTY BUT GO BACK AND LOOK AT THESE MESSAGES. HOW MANY THINGS HAS LEWIS COUNTY SAID ABOUT PERRY COUNTY? ---

Dig deeper in the threads, my little friend and ye shall find the truth.---

WHATS THE DEAL? THESE ARE KIDS AND THEY PLAY A SPORT. ---

You have no idea what goes on in sports, do you? Even down to the middle school level.---

GROW UP AND SEE THAT WHO EVER WINS THATS FINE AND WHO EVER WINS THATS FINE. ITS A GAME FOR ALL THE ENJOY NOT FIGHT OVER!!!!! ---

I am grown up, Lewis County won as predicted, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it's football for Pete's sake! It's all about FIGHT!!!!

Now that I got that off of my chest, our prayers are with the little #30. I had a pretty good vantage point to the tackle where he got hurt. He, as he had about 3 or 4 times earlier in the night, led the tackle with his head. Lewis County players are taught to run over instead of around players. When they are headed for the sideline, they drive forward at the point of impact instead of stepping out of bounds. Perry County players are, apparently, taught to go for the ankles. There's nothing wrong with this approach even though it isn't fundamentally correct. When an offensive player's head is where his ankles normally are (driving and diving at the obvious end of the play), and that player is running at full speed, tackling low is asking for trouble.

[Edited by checkerboard on 10-12-02 8:51A]

Congratulations to Lewis County for their victory . I still have different views from the last person who said their peace but I do hope Ryan is ok #30 who plays for Perry County. But unlike others I will say congratulations to the Lewis County team and I am not a Resident of Perry County with Riveries against your team. To me it is only a game not for such maddness or such hatred.And I still feel that these kids should have fun not try to go into this for blood. Yes all want to win but it is not the worst thing to loose. They all are winners by doing their best. MY opinion just like others that share or have their own opinion. I can tell you I won't say anything bad about Lewis County kids playing a game. And I did play sports so I do know what the game is about. But I do have a different opinion than you in playing and watching the game. I also coach so I know the game. :)