The refs at the State Tourny

rasslinlite

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just plain terrible. I thought I was at an AAU tournament with dads officiating the tournament. :wacko:

Just though you would like to know that most all officals in the TSSAA and the AAU are dads.(Though I wouldnt mind seeing some "Moms" step up and put the stripes on)

Come on and try it out for yourself, you might be good at it. Cause you see it doesnt matter if you make great calls or not... many times someones gonna have a problem with it. Thats wrestling. ;)

Just though you would like to know that most all officals in the TSSAA and the AAU are dads.(Though I wouldnt mind seeing some "Moms" step up and put the stripes on)

Come on and try it out for yourself, you might be good at it. Cause you see it doesnt matter if you make great calls or not... many times someones gonna have a problem with it. Thats wrestling. ;)

TNKO2

You are right about mom's officiating. It sure would add a new demention to the sport and probably keep bear cat brown around for a few more years. However, the TSSAA officials go through more training than do any AAU officials and I think you would agree to that. I have been to way too many AAU tournaments and had dads of wreslters officiating the tournament who have not had much training at all if any. On the other hand, the TSSAA officials should have more training and therefore be better at the job. That is what I didn't see from my perch in the stands this weekend.

TNKO2

You are right about mom's officiating. It sure would add a new demention to the sport and probably keep bear cat brown around for a few more years. However, the TSSAA officials go through more training than do any AAU officials and I think you would agree to that. I have been to way too many AAU tournaments and had dads of wreslters officiating the tournament who have not had much training at all if any. On the other hand, the TSSAA officials should have more training and therefore be better at the job. That is what I didn't see from my perch in the stands this weekend.

Yes, you are right, the TSSAA does do more to prepare their refs for the mat and its a good thing because they are dealing with much older boys with college stakes as well.

In my 5 years with these younger kids I have found that its not just knowing the rules by the book but using good common sense, caring about the kids, time on the mat and most importantly owning up to and learning from my mistakes whether it be pointed out to me or realizing it on my own.

(OJT) or on-the-job-training is key. The money is only a bonus to the great time I have just being apart of a sport I love.

Yes, you are right, the TSSAA does do more to prepare their refs for the mat and its a good thing because they are dealing with much older boys with college stakes as well.

In my 5 years with these younger kids I have found that its not just knowing the rules by the book but using good common sense, caring about the kids, time on the mat and most importantly owning up to and learning from my mistakes whether it be pointed out to me or realizing it on my own.

(OJT) or on-the-job-training is key. The money is only a bonus to the great time I have just being apart of a sport I love.

You and the guy that looks like you are two of the better refs I have seen at any level.