Baylor vs Bradley

dogless

Hasn't Bradley had plenty of transfers or wrestlers who'd been expected to attend Cleveland or Walker Valley out of middle school, based on their residence?

Cleveland and Bradley Central/Walker Valley are separate school systems. I believe it still this way, if you live in the city limits of Cleveland you can go to Cleveland or Bradley/WV (I believe anyone in the city limits is zoned for Bradley for HS but I do not know for sure). If you live out of the city limits you can pay a fee and attend Cleveland.

Edited by StarRaider

Hasn't Bradley had plenty of transfers or wrestlers who'd been expected to attend Cleveland or Walker Valley out of middle school, based on their residence?

I kind of doubt that it is called a transfer if you were not in another high school to start with. I can tell you that I went to the Cleveland city schools until 9th grade when I went to Bradley. It was considered a choice, not a transfer.

Edited by texas23

I kind of doubt that it is called a transfer if you were not in another high school to start with. I can tell you that I went to the Cleveland city schools until 9th grade when I went to Bradley. It was considered a choice, not a transfer.

Many would argue that the open-zone system is similar to the perceived "advantages" of private schools. They are both used as obvious recruiting mechanisms.

That's why I said "or", it doesn't seem much different than a promising public school eighth grader instead going to Baylor for his 9th grade year. Class AAA schools ought to have sufficient school population to overcome such "disadvantages", especially in swap-and-shop areas like Cleveland and Murfreesboro.

Absolutely- everybody knows that Baylor has a tradition of running from local competition. They even travel to Minnesota just to make sure they don't have to wrestle Bradley.

it was kind of a joke to tweak the person who asked such a question. please do not take the bait, it is below you.

Edited by texas23