13A District Tourney

hogheaven

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gleason and Dresden are the favorites, but I would not be shocked to see West Carroll, Huntingdon, or Mckenzie in the Championship game. Out of those three, I believe Mckenzie is the scariest, if they play hard/tough. I hope to see Dresden, Gleason, and Greenfield all in the Championship games. It would be great representation of Weakley County Girls Basketball. If Dresden and Gleason can make it to the finals I think they could possibly win a first round region game, second round would be tough. It would be possible, just tough.

The 1, 2, 5, & 6 seeds all advance tonight in 13 A tournament. Dresden, Gleason, Mckenzie, and Big Sandy all advance. Dresden & Gleason both won convincingly, while Mckenzie beat Huntingdon by three in a close game and Big Sandy upset the host team West Carroll by seven. Next round at West Carroll will see Dresden vs. Mckenzie and Gleason vs. Big Sandy. Games will be on Thursday night at 6:00. How do you see these games playing out? Mckenzie is scary. They are very athletic and have won some close games as of late. If Dresden don't play well it could be a really tough night. Gleason will most likely have no problem with Big Sandy, but that might of been what West Carroll thought too.

The 1, 2, 5, & 6 seeds all advance tonight in 13 A tournament. Dresden, Gleason, Mckenzie, and Big Sandy all advance. Dresden & Gleason both won convincingly, while Mckenzie beat Huntingdon by three in a close game and Big Sandy upset the host team West Carroll by seven. Next round at West Carroll will see Dresden vs. Mckenzie and Gleason vs. Big Sandy. Games will be on Thursday night at 6:00. How do you see these games playing out? Mckenzie is scary. They are very athletic and have won some close games as of late. If Dresden don't play well it could be a really tough night. Gleason will most likely have no problem with Big Sandy, but that might of been what West Carroll thought too.

You summed it up pretty well. Mckenzie could be a spoiler. But, if the Lady Lions are up to par, they should be able to handle them. You never know, that's why they play the games. Thursday night should be fun.I wish I could have seen the Big Sandy-West Carroll game. Wonder what happened there?

You summed it up pretty well. Mckenzie could be a spoiler. But, if the Lady Lions are up to par, they should be able to handle them. You never know, that's why they play the games. Thursday night should be fun.I wish I could have seen the Big Sandy-West Carroll game. Wonder what happened there?

I heard that one of the Big Sandy girls exploded for 41 points. By the look of the score there wasn't a whole lot of defense being played. Still, I thought West Carroll would of won, but that is why they play the game. Just goes to show that you better bring your a game every night.

I heard that one of the Big Sandy girls exploded for 41 points. By the look of the score there wasn't a whole lot of defense being played. Still, I thought West Carroll would of won, but that is why they play the game. Just goes to show that you better bring your a game every night.

It was a great game. Luz Mena a sophomore for Big Sandy had 43. They fought for every loose ball and every rebound and was rewarded with a well deserved win. It was bittersweet it is always hard seeing the seniors of the losing team at their last game. Always emotional.

It was a great game. Luz Mena a sophomore for Big Sandy had 43. They fought for every loose ball and every rebound and was rewarded with a well deserved win. It was bittersweet it is always hard seeing the seniors of the losing team at their last game. Always emotional.

It is emotional for the seniors especially.Congratulations to Big Sandy and to Miss. Mena. I didn't realize that she was only a sophomore. She will be someone to contend with for a couple more years.