2003 Commando Classic

HHS51

The 2003 Hendersonville High School Softball Classic is getting close to having a full field. As of today (10-6) we have 28 teams. Here is a list of the teams that have committed to play. Hendersonville, White House, Mt. Juliet, Cookeville, Lebanon, Friendship Christian, LaVergne, Gallatin, Portland, Dickson County, Riverdale, Beech, Brentwood Academy, Macon County, Wilson Central, Goodpasture, Davidson Academy, Franklin County, Marshall County, Greenbrier, Station Camp, Coffee County, Overton, Page, McGavock, Hunters Lane, Cumberland County, Bolton.

We can take only 8 more possible 12, if we use Vol State field. It is possible that we will have another complex to play on with 3 fields, but we won't know for sure until spring. Contact Coach Griffin at (615) 824-8921 for more details or send the entry form that most schools have already recieved. :D

• 3 weeks later...

We now have 35 teams entered in the tournament. The three additional teams to enter are Tullahoma, Columbia Central, and Blackman. I can only take 1 more unless we can play on the Vol State field. If we can play on that field I will be able to take 5 more. We are getting a new complex with an additional 3 fields to start, but I am not sure it will be ready for spring play. :D

• 2 weeks later...

We now have a total of 37 teams. The latest two teams to enter, are Giles County and Shelbyville. I will be able to take only 3 more for sure. It is possible that I can take more, but I will not know that for sure until spring. I will start a waiting list after I get to 4o.

All RIGHT! About time for us know-it-alls to list our pick of the winning team! Darn, I'ld like to see Campbell County sign up. Another one missing is St. Benedict. Where are they? They have been in Hendersonville for the last three or four years, as I remember.

Be the first with your picks! Start now!

• 3 weeks later...