Chatt Area Preseason rankings

BlackMetallic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With losses to Hixson, Bledsoe twice, and only beat Signal Mtn 5-3...

Thanks for the Boyd result vs Hixson, I'd missed that. The weather may not cooperate for Wednesday's Sequatchie-Marion game. Hope it does as a non-district game will have less priority on a make-up

What makes you think Baylor will take GPS? :roflol:

well lets see here...gps lost their number 1 pitcher, their lead off batter that did most of the work in the line up, and a few other seniors. and as of last year thier number 2 pitcher wasn't much punkin. baylor didn't lose much either, they are def. beating them this year.

Marion won 5-3 in 8. Sequatchie led until top of the 7th. Sequatchie made what they thought was a catch near the centerfield fence, the umps ruled against after discussion. I did not see the play from where I was standing so I can't say one way or the other. If it happened the way I was told the game should have been over. Runner on second, could have been three outs already, and Marion gets the tying run in with a hit. Top of eighth, Marion has the momentum and adds two more, Sequatchie gets no more hits.

I don't have complete stats, I think it was Baxter with the tying hit for Marion. For Sequatchie Mitchell and Brock each had two hits, Sequatchie had 8 total. Keener pitched her first game of the year for Sequatchie and did some good things. Tough loss regardless but it was against a good team.

well lets see here...gps lost their number 1 pitcher, their lead off batter that did most of the work in the line up, and a few other seniors. and as of last year thier number 2 pitcher wasn't much punkin. baylor didn't lose much either, they are def. beating them this year.

Don't be so sure of yourself!!!! Just WHO does Baylor have on the mound :rolleyes:

Catlady10, I assume you're an adult...Did you really get on a public forum message board, anonymously, and say that a 15 year old kid "wasn't much"? Please edit your post.

Edited by brother

So after a couple of weeks, it looks like...

1. Soddy

2. Grace

2. Central

2. Baylor

5. Ooltewah

6. Walker Valley

7. CSAS

8. GPS

Lump those three together for now at #2...I think the jury is still out on who is the best of the group. No word on Indian's Dark Horse yet...Silverdale looks like they will not give Grace a hard time at this point but I am sure they will come around by May.

Looks like Bledsoe, Marion and Sequatchie are fairly evenly matched on the outer rim...Have not seen anything from Meigs yet...

1-Soddy-Daisy

2-Baylor (have them at second due to early win over Central)

3-Central (have them at third due to early win over Grace). They lost big to Walker Valley but without Willard pitching.

4-Grace

5-Walker Valley-I haven't seen many results for them at all, they've scored a lot of runs.

6-Ooltewah-Losing record last I saw, but played tough teams

7-Marion-Undefeated last I saw, with a close win vs Bledsoe and an extra inning win at Sequatchie, aided by a disputed 7th inning hit.

8-Bledsoe-Leading the 7AA district currently

9-Sequatchie-Still hitting the ball, 16 hits in the last 2 games vs a couple of good pitchers, not scoring as often as earlier. Outhit Bledsoe by 1 just couldn't get them across.

10-GPS/CSAS-Couldn't choose despite CSAS's earlier win. CSAS didn't look good to me at the tournament I saw them at, but they threw a one-hitter vs Baylor (and still lost)