FCS vs Pickett Co/ Clay Co

GreenFog

Looks like the weather will let our games be played. Pickett Co comes to PossumTown tonight for a twinbill and then FCS travels to Celina Saturday night for a showdown.

Really hate playing these 2 at the end of the season right before districts and region games but we need this kind of match up before next week. We haven't gotten to play in over a week

Good luck to all 3 teams

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett County won...I think it was 47-42. Pickett Co. has a terrible record for the talent they have but they have lost games by 2 or 3 to Jackson Co, Friendship, Clarkrange, Clay Co., Cumberland Co, and others and are playing their best basketball right now. If anyone overlooks them they'll lose to them too.

Absolutely, Pickett is bound to be the best 4th place team in single A in the state. Bibb always gets his boys ready to play, and like you said the talent is there as well. I'm dreading the Clay/Pickett game next Saturday becasue it can definitely go either way. Each team won in their home gym. I hope that the neutral gym's advantage goes to Clay County, but who knows.

What all happened in the game last night...must not have been good since no one has said anything about it yet!

Friday night Pickett Co was the best team on the floor. They were hungry and FCS wasn't. Don't understand why we wasn't hungry playing in our gym against a region opponent but we were flat. My hats off to PC! Hard to believe they are 4th in 7A.

Saturday night was just the opposite.....FCS came in to Clay Co hungry and I believe somewhat embarrassed by the game the night before. Also we had our entire team available for this game whereas earlier when we lost by 11 at FCS we had 2 starters and another post player hurt. Clay Co was the team that was flat.....not sure if it was because of Senior night or that they had won the coin toss and seeded #1 over #2 Jackson Co??? Anyway the game was never in doubt from the tipoff. FCS jumped out to a 10-0 lead and never looked back. It got so frustrating to CC that their best player got a T for arguing a traveling call and went to the bench and never returned. We was up by 20+ at that time anyway.......

I do think we have even teams and that on any given day either could win......so on to our individual district tourney's and we will match up with 7A again next week in Watertown.......

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS and whoever comes out on top I will root for in the substate games as well as the state if we make it that far........GO REGION 4A!

Boles never returned due to a twisted ankle which a foul should have been called. i hope those refs stay home in district. Clay played as bad as I have seen them play this year. Friendship very impressive tonight.Congrats on the win.

The bald headed ref was scared to call anything on Clay Co.....He and the gray headed ref has a lot to be desired. But on the call when Boles got the T......he did walk before the foul occured. I was shocked that the bald headed red blew the whistle and called walking but when he saw Boles hollering at him he walked the other way..........Good thing we had one decent ref......he even gave Boles a 2nd chance to shut up but he didn't so he had to call it.

Hope his ankle is ok cause without him they will not win!