Clay/Jackson?

onthego

wow midtenn we know u love jackson but boles has not faced a zone all year.including the game against jackson i recall them tryin at least three different defenders tryin to guard him they couldnt even godwin couldnt stay in front of him he wasnt shootin 3s that game he was driving the whole game and scoring godwin was the one that had to step back for 3s cause he couldnt score.every shot boles shot against jc and crange was contested and he dominated both games.8 3s against clarkrange 4 of them come while he was faceguarded.so please tell me again he only scores on zones.

clarkrange plays a match zone, that is all they have played most of the year. Yes towards the end of the game at clarkrange, they had their point guard guarding him man to man, but most of the game was a zone coverage because there was way more than just 1 person guarding him the whole game. Boles did basically single handedly beat Clarkrange and he shot over everything but until the end of the game it was a zone!

Heard Clay won the coin toss and Godwin won MVP which was expected, the kid is double and triple teamed every game Boles just sits outside and shoots mostly against a zone in our district. But he is a VERY good shooter and he came in 2nd which again was the way it should have been. When is the last time Boles blocked 10 shots in a game? had 12 rebounds and 8 assists? Godwin averaged almost a triple double the entire year and that was with ATLEAST 2 guys on him at all times. Should be some good matchups though, Clay vs Pickett which both teams split the home and home and JC vs Crange with both winning on the road. Will be an exciting tournament i suspect.

trent drives the basket alot also. but i guess you missed those games! dont we all love how only jc and players from jc can do ANYTHING and no body else from anywhere in this region get any recongition! I LOVE IT!!!

Trent boles is a great person,a great player and so is Godwin, and you don't base mvp on one game of 8 threes, its the whole season and in the two games JC and Clay split godwin out rebounded,had more block shots, plays better defence and believe it or not outscored trent in those two games. Trent is a better 3 point shooter than Jordan but thats it. Birdwell is also a great shooter for Clay and Rob is a great coach and deserved COY just as Jordan deserved MVP. The coaches may know more than a few prejudice fans about these awards thats why they vote on them.

Edited by senator

in the game that was played in clay co. godwin didnt outscore him. and in the game that was played at jackson in the hearld citisen it said godwin had a career high of 26 i believe, ya boles has hit that mark alot this year.. just sayin. but the award is over and like i said people who have seen him play knows what he can do his stats show it. now he just needs the BIG 7a trophy FOR THE THIRD YEAR! LETS GO DAWGS!!!!!

Yes Jordan is a good kid but Trent Boles by far is the better player.

Both are good players and great kids from what i hear but Godwin is by far the best all around player in the Upper Cumberland not just 7A and i think you'll find that out soon enough. Boles is one of the best shooters i've seen in a long long time maybe even better than Joey Coe and the resemblance doesn't stop there, he plays defense just like him! Should have been at the game last night when Godwin had almost a quadruple double in points rebounds blocks and assists. You won't get that anywhere else! Oh and keep making the Devil remark he loves it when i'm compared to him! :roflol:

Edited by midtensportsfan

in the game that was played in clay co. godwin didnt outscore him. and in the game that was played at jackson in the hearld citisen it said godwin had a career high of 26 i believe, ya boles has hit that mark alot this year.. just sayin. but the award is over and like i said people who have seen him play knows what he can do his stats show it. now he just needs the BIG 7a trophy FOR THE THIRD YEAR! LETS GO DAWGS!!!!!

Wrong again! You Clay people need to get out of the hole ya'll live in! Godwin dropped 47 on Warren County as a junior last year when JC scored 98 points at the start of the season. So put that in your stats and smoke it backerboy! :roflol:

Wrong again! You Clay people need to get out of the hole ya'll live in! Godwin dropped 47 on Warren County as a junior last year when JC scored 98 points at the start of the season. So put that in your stats and smoke it backerboy! :roflol:

i would boost him up if he was my kid to!

"Clay people" aren't living in any holes, but it's funny how you say they do when you "Jackson people" live in just about the same kind of town Clay County does! It's fine you support Godwin, he IS a good athlete, but you shouldn't down other teams and their players. Trent Boles was just as close to getting that MVP award, like a lot of people know. So don't act like Jordan is high and mighty, because Trent is right there with him.

Edited by footballco11