elizabethton no hieght

jeffs

Sparky, I knew you were a parent, but your level of arrogance tells me that you played for Dugger when he was boys coach. Am I wrong?

To say that EHS is 15 pts better than a team that just beat them straight up is arrogant and egotistical.

Care to say how many points EHS is better than CD, SG and Gville?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to put this loss in to perspective:

1. CAK had a great game plan and played extremely well.

2. I believe CAK has won the District 4 title, or will tie for it and they are a well coached team.

3. Anna Hammaker is a tremendously talented player, who probably played the best game of her young career.

4. CAK had to want some revenge for the 31 point loss earlier in the season to Betsy.

5. Elizabethton gave up their highest point total of the season(60).

6. Elizabethton has carried the pressure of an undefeated record and #1 ranking all season.

7. Elizabethton went 15-30 at the line and they shoot about 75% on the season.

8. CAK had a big crowd and the emotional boost of senior night on their side.

All that being said, CAK won 60-57 and the game was in doubt until the final 15 seconds. It was a great game between two good teams and CAK evened up the score for the earlier loss. I think both teams will be better for the experience and they could meet again a little later, with much more on the line. Good luck to CAK and Go Cyclones!!!!!!

Sparky, I knew you were a parent, but your level of arrogance tells me that you played for Dugger when he was boys coach. Am I wrong?

To say that EHS is 15 pts better than a team that just beat them straight up is arrogant and egotistical.

Care to say how many points EHS is better than CD, SG and Gville?

Yes I'm happy to say that I did play for Dugger when he was the boys' coach. You apparently like to look at singular statements and ignore the entire context or you would not be so quick to call me arrogant and egotistical as I am neither. If you read the post, I took both the 30 point win from a couple of weeks ago and the loss last night into account before coming to that conclusion. I would agree with you if last night was the lone meeting between the two teams. I think most folks that have seen both teams play more than 1 time would agree that Betsy would come out on top more often than not in this matchup. Heck, I'd say most CAK fans would conclude the same. Someone as arrogant and egotistical as you accuse me of being would not likely give any credit to CAK at all. If you have read ALL my posts, you will see that's not the case as I plainly stated that CAK deserved to win last night.

I will spare you my arrogance and refrain from conjecture about CD, SG and GHS. Betsy hasn't played CD so there's no real basis for comparison. Assuming you can do simple math, I will leave you to draw your own conclusions regarding SG and GHS since they played head to head twice each this year. The regular season is over and the tournament remains. Everyone is 0-0 going forward. Anyone that doesn't bring their A game from here out will go home regardless of what happened during the season...

Yes I'm happy to say that I did play for Dugger when he was the boys' coach. You apparently like to look at singular statements and ignore the entire context or you would not be so quick to call me arrogant and egotistical as I am neither. If you read the post, I took both the 30 point win from a couple of weeks ago and the loss last night into account before coming to that conclusion. I would agree with you if last night was the lone meeting between the two teams. I think most folks that have seen both teams play more than 1 time would agree that Betsy would come out on top more often than not in this matchup. Heck, I'd say most CAK fans would conclude the same. Someone as arrogant and egotistical as you accuse me of being would not likely give any credit to CAK at all. If you have read ALL my posts, you will see that's not the case as I plainly stated that CAK deserved to win last night.

I will spare you my arrogance and refrain from conjecture about CD, SG and GHS. Betsy hasn't played CD so there's no real basis for comparison. Assuming you can do simple math, I will leave you to draw your own conclusions regarding SG and GHS since they played head to head twice each this year. The regular season is over and the tournament remains. Everyone is 0-0 going forward. Anyone that doesn't bring their A game from here out will go home regardless of what happened during the season...

So you was there when he would lose games on purpose 2 get a better seed.We would set a laugh when he did it then lost to the team he through he would beat.I always like Len he got a raw feal when they fired him from the boys team.Good luck to eliz in there quest to the state .They deserve to go with all the hard work theyve did.All i was saying that when you get 2 sub state you better have alittle height because other teams will pound it in side on you :ugeek:

So you was there when he would lose games on purpose 2 get a better seed.We would set a laugh when he did it then lost to the team he through he would beat.I always like Len he got a raw feal when they fired him from the boys team.Good luck to eliz in there quest to the state .They deserve to go with all the hard work theyve did.All i was saying that when you get 2 sub state you better have alittle height because other teams will pound it in side on you :ugeek:

No I wasn't there when any games were lost on purpose for any reason. I played when EHS was 31-7 and won the Big 10, R1 championship, sub-state and made it to state semi-finals in 3A.

Most teams have some weakness(es). It is no secret that Betsy doesn't have a true center. I'm sure the coaches and players will do all they can to offset that just as other teams will try to supplement/offset their weakness(es). I don't know how far the Lady Cyclones will go, but I do know they have great potential. Good luck to other local 1A and 3A teams as I hope NET is well represented in M'boro.