TWF Brings World Champion Les Gutches to State Championship

trickk

The TWF will have a table set up during every session of the TSSAA State Championships with literature, displays, and information about the opportunities for your athletes this off-season. A current board member will be in attendance at each to explain what we have to offer, if they choose to compete this spring and summer. This will provide the athletes, coaches, and parents the opportunity to ask questions and see the benefits of participation in the TWF events this season. On Saturday during the consolation rounds, Les Gutches, the Director of Program Development for USA Wrestling, will be in attendance at our booth. For those who are not familiar with Les, here is a list of his credentials:

GutchesInfoSheet-Final-Web.jpg

Please take this time to stop by and talk with Les, about the ways and benefits of starting or continuing a USA Wrestling program, at your school or club. This will also be a great opportunity for you and your athletes to come by, meet, question, get an autograph or photo, etc with a true legend of USA Wrestling. Please pass this information on to your athletes, parents, and spectators, we would love for them to take advantage of this.

We at the Tennessee Wrestling Federation are 100 percent committed to the promotion and participation of wrestling in the state of Tennessee. We have instituted a great deal of changes and upgrades of being a member of USA Wrestling. When you get time, go to our new website, www.tennwrestling.com, and check out the latest info and happenings in our organization. We are very excited about the positive response we have gotten so far about this upcoming Freestyle/Greco season. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Best of luck this weekend to all the competitors!

Stephen Petricca

Vice Chairman

Tennessee Wrestling Federation

I heard a rumor that Dan Gable will also be attending promoting USA wrestling.

I would like to say I could confirm that, but after allot of negotiating I was unable to secure him simply due to the short time frame in which we got on his radar and his current schedule. We are going to try extremely hard to get him next year. I can tell you that at the USAW/AAU Tennessee Pride Open on April 30th we will have Les Gutches as well as one of the current world/olympic team members doing a free 2 hour session at the tournament.

We at the TWF are working hard to restore USAW in this state and we will do all we can to bring it back strongly, and that means working exhausting hours with USAW to make these events and appearances happen.

Find a USA Wrestling Club near you at our website www.tennwrestling.com, Freestyle season is right around the corner and most clubs are starting on March 1.

Sincerely,

Stephen Petricca

Vice Chairman

Tennessee wrestling Federation

Edited by trickk

Any coach that would like some one on one time with Les to talk about USAW please let me know and we will get it scheduled.

Thanks

TWF

Coach trickk i would love to have some talk time with this great gentleman!!

I wanna confirm that on a previous post that some guys were bashing mid state camps and the cost and so forth. First i wanna say wrestling is wrestling and any form of wrestling is gonna make a kid better.

Now on another note of course it gets expensive... tournaments and practices and travel cost and so forth. I know but i will never be able to express my graditude enough for the good things that freestyle/offseason has brought to my team. Also a case in point is this region 6 final at 145... Cox and Josue brown. Brown went looking for as much wrestling as he could find. Brown wrestled freestyle and greco all year and did what he could to get better...the result???? Brown got an upset over Cox who is returning state champ and a very good wrestler...I am not knocking cox at all he is a very good wrestler and has great coaching also. I am just making a point that, sure there is a price on wrestling offseason... I guess you have to determine if the cost (money/time/sacrifice) is actually worth it... As for josue brown i believe you could say yes.

Another is jonathan roberts he has worked his butt off since losing to Shay at state last year (152). Wrestled off season and pushed himself through lots of workouts when his friends were out hanging out, swimming and doing what teenagers do. Jonathan has won regions this year and voted ow. I would say there are hundreds of other stories we could tell about offseason wrestling and the benefits that outweigh the cost. I guess as a parent and coach/fan of wrestling i would push for all of my kids/wrestlers to keep doing offseason wrestling.

Jeff Roberts

Beech Coach

Coach trickk i would love to have some talk time with this great gentleman!!

I wanna confirm that on a previous post that some guys were bashing mid state camps and the cost and so forth. First i wanna say wrestling is wrestling and any form of wrestling is gonna make a kid better.

Now on another note of course it gets expensive... tournaments and practices and travel cost and so forth. I know but i will never be able to express my graditude enough for the good things that freestyle/offseason has brought to my team. Also a case in point is this region 6 final at 145... Cox and Josue brown. Brown went looking for as much wrestling as he could find. Brown wrestled freestyle and greco all year and did what he could to get better...the result???? Brown got an upset over Cox who is returning state champ and a very good wrestler...I am not knocking cox at all he is a very good wrestler and has great coaching also. I am just making a point that, sure there is a price on wrestling offseason... I guess you have to determine if the cost (money/time/sacrifice) is actually worth it... As for josue brown i believe you could say yes.

Another is jonathan roberts he has worked his butt off since losing to Shay at state last year (152). Wrestled off season and pushed himself through lots of workouts when his friends were out hanging out, swimming and doing what teenagers do. Jonathan has won regions this year and voted ow. I would say there are hundreds of other stories we could tell about offseason wrestling and the benefits that outweigh the cost. I guess as a parent and coach/fan of wrestling i would push for all of my kids/wrestlers to keep doing offseason wrestling.

Jeff Roberts

Beech Coach

Well Said, and I will get you some face time with Les