District 15-A Tournament

jvaughan

Still one regular season district game to go tonight (Tuesday). Madison is at Middleton. Middleton is 2nd at the moment at 8-3 in the district, Madison is 3rd at 7-4. The winner will be the 2 seed because Madison has beaten Middleton once already so they hold the tie breaker in the event they win tonight to even thier records at 8-4. So with that being said.....

Wednesday February 16th

#7 TCA @ #2 Middleton/Madison Winner

#6 Riverside @ #3 Middleton/Madison Loser

#5 Adamsville @ #4 S. Gibson County

Friday February 18th @ Riverside

6:00 Winner of #2 & #7 vs #1 Scotts Hill

7:30 Winner of #3 & #6 vs Winner of #4 & #5

Monday February 21st @ Riverside

6:00 Consolation

7:30 Championship

Edited by jvaughan

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the winner of #4 vs. #5 would play Scotts Hill,as the #1 and #4 teams should be bracketed togther and the #2 and #3 teams on the opposite side.I can't remember a season when the tournament was this wide open from top to bottom,with winless(in district play) T.C.A. defeating Riverside,who played a game to decide the #2 seed less than a week ago,who can say with any confidence which team wins any game in the tourney?There's essentialy a 'playoff' game tonight to secure a spot in the regional tournament,and determine the second seed in dist.T.C.A. would have to be the cinderella team of the decade to win the tournament,but could knock out one of the better teams if they're overlooked...they proved that last night.Riverside has good ballhandling skills,a terriffic three point threat in #5,a very good post,and a couple of solid players also,so why have the wheels came off lately?They are dangerous,but have to pull it together quick.Adamsville is the "wild card" in my opinion,they've had some impressive showings at times,only to have some very sub-par games scattered in with them.Could beat anyone on a given night,or bow out early.South Gibson,as most 15A teams,have been up and down this season,but mostly down early and mostly up in the last half of the season.If not for a bad loss(only by margin)to Scotts Hill last week,I was ready to call them the biggest threat to spoil one of the regional favorites season,maybe they are still.Madison scares everyone in the fact that you just know,due to Coach Pattersons' style of play,it's going to be a sloppy,ugly dogfight.His teams are VERY patient on offense,sound on defense,and all the subbing and timeouts never let the opposition get into any rythem or flow of the game.If an opposing team is not poised and determined,they're likely to be frustrated into turnovers,mistakes,and a loss.Middleton is athletic,well coached and relentless.They have progressively gotten better all season,they can run,play an agressive style of defense,and have some size in the paint.Bring your A-game to beat this team,and don't expect them to let-up till the horn sounds.Scotts Hill has all the ingrediants,and in my opinion control wheather they win the district and region tournaments.They have good size throughout the lineup,athletic enough to counter the athletic teams,no weak links on defense,and scoring is pretty evenly distributed.There are no guarantees in this tournament,but Madison,Middleton,and Scotts Hill are the favorites to advance to regional play with the forth spot really up for grabs in my mind.

Edited by tradertwo

I did the same thing on the boys board, Sheesh. I got the semifinal matchups mixed up. This is what it should be. And we also know the 2 and 3 seeds now. Bold type is what I changed.

Wednesday February 16th

#7 TCA @ #2 Middleton

#6 Riverside @ #3 Madison

6:00 Winner of #4 & #5 vs #1 Scotts Hill

7:30 Winner of #3 & #6 vs Winner of #2 & #7

I did the same thing on the boys board, Sheesh. I got the semifinal matchups mixed up. This is what it should be. And we also know the 2 and 3 seeds now. Bold type is what I changed.

Wednesday February 16th

#7 TCA @ #2 Middleton

Don't sweat it Adam... you were trying to get the info out quickly & had MOST of it right the 1st time. The bracket you have here now matches up with what the Jackson Sun published today as well.

And for anyone who isn't aware, you (Riverside) have had some SERIOUS struggles with bad luck ending this year. I know the type of guy that you are you won't make, or use, excuses. BUT - having your leading scorer leave the team, then having to deal with the illness that your girls have had has been very trying on a good team. I know that Laura (point guard) found out today that she is sick and won't get to play tonight at Madison, and that she was actually sick in your last game at TCA. She is a fighter and has a huge heart & I know it is driving her crazy (& you as well) not to get to play, and not to have been completely healthy here at the stretch. I usually end my posts with good wishes for ALL the teams to be healthy & injury free, and I truly feel for any team having to deal with bad luck and bad breaks.

Again, good luck, good health, & safe travels to all the teams starting the tourney tonight. GO 15A !!

Wow,guess that answered the"wheels coming off" question that I posed in my earlier post! I'd heard that Culpepper(leading scorer)wes out but have found out since that she left the team,and along with that hole to fill,now the ballhandler/three point threat that I refered to as "terriffic" is out with an illness on the eve of an elimination game...tough luck is an understatement.I usually don't favor one opponent over the other...but good luck tonight,I'd hate for that exceptional young ladies season to end without her having a chance to make a difference in the game.

Wednesday February 16th

#7 TCA @ #2 Middleton

So after last nights games the matchups will be

6:00 #4 South Gibson vs #1 Scotts Hill

7:30 #3 Madison vs #2 Middleton

I've tried not to concentrate on the irony of the possible outcome from tonight. Our Lady Lions have managed to go undefeated in the regular season this year, just like MIDDLETON did last year. Their first loss last year was to us in the tourney, so I'm thinking - how ironic would it be for the shoe to be on the other foot tonight!! I've tried to keep this thought deep in the recesses of my brain so as not to 'jinx' our girls... but actually Middleton went on last year to make it to the 'boro, and went one game further than Scotts Hill anyway... so losing tonight would not be the end of the world.

That being said... go Lady Lions, play your hearts out and have fun.