AAA State Tournament

dirtydawg15

Hollins is no doubt the better player but not today! A West TN fan will never admit it!

I will..Hollins is a scorer but put a real defender on him hes only above average ..DC proved it last year..scored 20 1st half with no pressure , put pressure on him 2nd half ..very different results..cant defend very well to be D 1 talent

Edited by DHSFB64

I will..Hollins is a scorer but put a real defender on him hes only above average ..DC proved it last year..scored 20 1st half with no pressure , put pressure on him 2nd half ..very different results..cant defend very well to be D 1 talent

Above average? He's well above average. He scored 45 points on one of the top teams in the country in Findlay Prep. Findlay Prep's head coach was quoted after the game saying that "Andre Hollins was one of the top 5 toughest players he's ever had to prepare for before". That's coming from a coach who has coached against the best in the country on the HS level. Andre Hollins is headed to Minnesota. There's no doubt in my mind that he could play at a bigger team than Minnesota. He reminds me somewhat of Leslie McDonald from Briarcrest Christian a few years ago. No one realizes how good Hollins really is because he has had to play behind Joe Jackson for the past 3 years. Hollins is the real deal and the best player in the state tournaments reguardless of what anyone says. People see him one time and begin making assumptions.

If you watched this game and the 2nd half did not leave you with the opinion that Hollins was the best player on the floor then it would be in your best interest to not do player evaluations.

Man we agree to disagree but it's all good i'm enjoying the tourney like always. Hollins had 21 in the second half and led his team to a win. For some reason fans come to the state tourney and expect players that they hear about to score 55 a game....p.s. check your player evaluations my friend

Man we agree to disagree but it's all good i'm enjoying the tourney like always. Hollins had 21 in the second half and led his team to a win. For some reason fans come to the state tourney and expect players that they hear about to score 55 a game....p.s. check your player evaluations my friend

Reading comprehension is overrated. My post said that Hollins was the best player, which is also what your post said. We said the same thing.

Reading comprehension is overrated. My post said that Hollins was the best player, which is also what your post said. We said the same thing.

Hahaha I guess that's what happens when you're trying to do too much at once....I guess my students are rubbing off on me lol

From what I've seen so far in the state AAA, Bearden looks to be the best. White Station is down 3 to Craigmont at the half and having trouble with the press. Bearden's press will give them fits if they meet tomorrow. Hollins is a special talent and White Station's bigs may give Bearden a little trouble, but Bearden wins . . . . if both make it to the final.

Bearden is one win away from being the champs! Rico White played a fabulous game netting 27 points and leading Bearden out of the gate early. Ty Greene ended up with 16 and got going in the 2nd half with consecutive 3 pointers. Spencer Peake played absolutely great and made some key plays throughout the game.

I cannot understand why Siegel did not give the ball to Hurt every time down the floor. He had a 6'4 defender on him most of the game. Bearden's center, who is 6'6, was in foul trouble the whole game. I think this is all coaching. Run a play for him every time. If the players in the game are not giving him the ball, then put in someone that will give him the ball. When Siegel made a run in the 2nd half and tied up the game, Hurt was doing most of if not all of the scoring for them. Hurt ended up with 19 points, but should have had 40 if Siegel utilized him.

Props to Coach Blevins and the Dawgs for weathering the storm and executing some plays to regain the lead in the 4th. They ran some backdoor buddy plays which led to some layups and a few fouls.

Bearden will basically be playing an identical team tomorrow. A team that has great guards, wants to play fast, and will get after it on the defensive end. I think tomorrow the big things will be taking care of the ball and free throws. Minimize turnovers and take advantage of the points that are given to you.

I think Bearden wins in a close one. In what might be an extremely chaotic, up and down game, I think that the discipline and composure of Bearden will shine through and they will be the STATE CHAMPIONS!

Bearden's strength lies in it's understanding of what it takes to win. They have an outstanding point guard in Dion Fair and two very good wings, Ty Greene and Rico White. Greene signed with D-1 SC Upstate and the 6/4 White is being heavily recruited at the mid major level. Both can score in a variety of ways. Winton and Peake are sold at the 4 spot although a little undersized, but they will stretch the defense with their shot. Standifer holds it down at the 5 spot at about 6/6. They rebound well and execute better than any team in the state. They rarely make mistakes. Coach Blevins usually has very good game plans and the kids carry them out. Defensively, they do a little of everything. They will zone, man, and press at times. They do not have a lot of depth but 4 of their guys easily average 28 minutes a game. I predicted them to beat White Station, but size could easily be there downfall as it was against Oak Hill.

Great analysis GURU. I have been more than impressed with Bearden. Their execution is indeed unbelievable. I expect a really fast paced game tomorrow night and I think Bearden wins.